rectal surgery anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

rectal surgery anyone? rectal surgery anyone?

Unread 06-06-2001, 08:32 AM
rectal surgery anyone?

I have been on the quest for a year now to find out the cause of rt. side pain and abdominal problems. I have had all the 'tests' all had come back normal until I saw dr. after the colonoscopy. I have a 'good size' tumor growing in my bowel. The good news is it's not cancerous, the bad news, I need surgery to remove it. Have any sisters had this type of surgery? I haven't had my appt. with the surgon yet and I'm worried and have all kinds of questions. How painful will this be? What is the recovery time? How long will I be out of work? The GI doc said this tumor has nothing to do with the problems I've been experiencing but my friend says just wait and see, this might just be the ticket. I'll look forward to your feedback. Until then, I'll be waiting nervously! fay (tvh 5/00)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2001, 02:44 PM
rectal surgery anyone?

Hi Fay, sorry I haven't had any experience with your particular problem, but there may someone here that has, so just hang in there and they will be around sooner or later

Best of luck to you on your surgery and who knows, maybe it's possible that the tumor is putting pressure on your other organs causing pain elsewhere, one thing I"ve learned here on the "road less travelled" is anything is possible

let us know how you make out
Unread 06-07-2001, 12:05 PM
rectal surgery anyone?

Hi Fay! I have to say I have no experience with this type of surgery either, so I can't give you first-hand information. However, a family member did have this surgery very recently for a tumor found after a colonoscopy. It was also benign, thank goodness.

If I remember correctly, she was out of work for a little over 2 weeks. She seems to have done very well with the procedure. I hope you do well with your surgery and I'll keep you in my prayers. I'm sorry I don't have more specifics for you. Take care! I do hope you feel better real soon!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2001, 05:45 AM
rectal surgery anyone?

Thanks for your replies, it sure helps with the waiting and uncertanity to have someone to share with! My appt. with surgon is 6/25. I've had another flair up of very sore swelly belly and constipation. The GI dr. said this tumor had nothing to do with these symptoms, but he didn't suggest anything further as far as more tests, treating for IBS or refering me to another dr to check for adhesions. So the tumor he found doesn't cause symptoms but needs to come out. What about the problems I was seeing him for to start with? I'm so miserable right now (can't wear normal clothes, can't stand anything to touch my belly, and having major difficulity going to the bathroom) I think I need to go back to him but I'm hesitant and think maybe this surgery will help and I could wait. I keep racking my brain trying to figure out what's happened to the person I used to be. Everything went good after my hyst until about 6 months post op, then all these symptoms started. I keep trying to think of anything that could have triggered this and I keep having doubts that it has anything to do with the hyst, it took so long to show up. So here I am wearing moo-moo type dresses when I have a closet full of nice clothes I'd love to be wearing, taking fiber and stool softeners and praying for a BM! The road sure has a lot of ups and downs. Thanks for being there, your support is terrific! Fay
Unread 06-13-2001, 07:55 AM
rectal surgery anyone?

we're always here, night or day, just post and we'll come running

just remember if your pain gets too unbearable , call the doc, you shouldn't have to put up with it, ok?

keep us posted on how your doing, and if it helps at all, I am also running around in mumu's these days
Unread 06-13-2001, 09:21 AM
rectal surgery anyone?

{{Fay}},
I'm sorry you need surgery again A lot of us here have similiar symptoms...pelvic pain,bowel problems,swelly belly and so on and so on Will they be doing this surgery Laproscopic? I havent had a tumor removed but did have surgery for Bowel obstructions over a year ago. They did it Lap w/ 5 incisions. I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks but that was because complications from the surgery. I returned to work 3 weeks after I got out of the hospital. The pain was worse with the Hysterectomy. Hopefully when they go in they will discover the cause of the other problems you are experiencing. It seems a lot of us here on the Road are dealing with pain from Adhesions. There is a lot of info here about them. I hope all goes well with your surgery, I'll keep you in my prayers Please keep us posted...
Unread 06-13-2001, 10:25 AM
rectal surgery anyone?

Sheri, The GI dr. thinks the tumor can be removed rectally through a sigmoidscope, but it's up to the surgon. I haven't seen him yet so I don't know what he'll recommend. I do hope this clears up some of my problems. I can't believe they sent you back to work just three weeks after coming home. I know women are tough but that's superwoman stuff! Fay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register