TVH on 01/08/07 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH on 01/08/07 TVH on 01/08/07

Unread 01-18-2007, 05:30 AM
TVH on 01/08/07

Had uterus and cervix removed vaginally on 01/08/07 (fibroids). Doctor said that she had to cut the uterus into pieces to remove it (about the size of a grapefruit). Had to try 6 times to get the IV in. I got to the hospital at 11am but they were running ahead and got going right away. Only spent 1 night in hospital - not much pain. Only nausea was when the morphine drip was stopped. Around 3am got up and walked around, left around 11am the following morning. Moving slowly - pain not too bad after a couple of day. Little to no bleeding just some pink/light brown spotting. I get tired easily and have to remind myself to not overdo things. I guess it's harder since I don't have any outward signs of having surgery. Post op visit scheduled on 01/24/07 with plan to return to work approx 4 weeks from surgery date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2007, 07:31 AM
TVH on 01/08/07

Hello Angelbear! You sound great! I'm so glad everything is going well. Just remember, even though you feel really good, keep reminding yourself to
Unread 01-18-2007, 10:21 AM
TVH on 01/08/07

It is completely normal to be moving slowly with a TVH. I had a TVH and was tired and sore for almost 6 weeks. We have had a lot of work done inside, even though no stitches show, we had major surgery, and this requires rest , healthy eating ,and a little walking to get us through our recovery .

Here are some helpful Post-op articles that may help you :

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/articlelist_171.htm

Please take care of yourself and pamper yourself.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register