If you could change your Profession... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

If you could change your Profession... If you could change your Profession...

Unread 01-19-2007, 08:39 PM
If you could change your Profession...

what would you change it from...what would you change it to, and why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2007, 07:16 AM

I am a restaurant manager..have been for different resaurants for over 30 years. And while I love my job, my dream goal, is to open a rescue for dogs.
I feel this would be so rewarding. Saving the lives of dogs..remember dog spelled backwards is God.
My furkids have always been so important to me..the unconditional love thing is great.
Unread 01-22-2007, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennMd
what would you change it from...what would you change it to, and why?
I'm very happy as a librarian, it's something I've wanted to do since I was little, but only got the certification (most librarians here don't have an MLS, but a post BA certificate) in '89.

I've always had a bit of a desire to open a gift shop though, specializing in products made by people small poorer towns, minority groups, single mums, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2007, 11:32 PM

I did change my profession last year. I was an accountant/business manager. I have always been interested in skin care. So, last year I quit my job and went to school to become an aesthetician, and when I was finished with that I went to school to get certified in laseography; hair removal, tattoo removal, etc... I have now opened my own business. I am very happy to be out of the rat race of accounting, and all the dead lines!
Unread 02-11-2007, 02:17 PM

Does early retirement count?

My dream has been to raise miniature horses, but since I don't have that kind of money and know didley-squat about horses, I kinda doubt that will happen anytime soon. Sounds like fun, though!
Unread 02-14-2007, 06:20 PM

Currently in advertising sales. My dream job would involve writing for a travel magazine or some sort food magazine. Maybe even some sort of restaurant and hotel critic! But in a good way... Anyone know if Zagat is hiring???
Unread 03-26-2007, 06:02 PM

I'd be a professional singer. No doubt. It's what I love most and probably what I'm best at... but I was never in the right place in the right time, and when I was young (which is when it always happens, let's face it) I was doing other stuff.
Unread 03-26-2007, 10:00 PM

I am in the process of a career change right now. For the past 20 years I have been in the medical transcription field, the last 6-1/2 in quality assurance. That is, I proofread medical reports. DEADLY DULL!!! I just completed my Masters in Fine Arts in Graphic Design and am looking for a graphic design position. I still have the QA job to pay the bills and health insurance until I find a full-time design job.
Unread 03-26-2007, 10:36 PM

I love my job as a school librarian but my dream job would be to host a show on the Travel Channel. One that gets to travel all over and try out new locations. Getting paid to travel. Definitely a dream.
Unread 03-27-2007, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tete
I love my job as a school librarian but my dream job would be to host a show on the Travel Channel. One that gets to travel all over and try out new locations. Getting paid to travel. Definitely a dream.

If I were younger I would see if I could take a year off of work and get a job as a librarian on a cruise ship!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register