snowy Sunday, Jan.21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

snowy Sunday, Jan.21 snowy Sunday, Jan.21

Unread 01-20-2007, 10:45 PM
snowy Sunday, Jan.21

Good morning ladies,
I'm sort-of cheating...I have not been to bed yet! But it is Sunday, so I'll get this rolling! Have been MIA due to major computer problems...I'm on a borrowed laptop right now.

Eating is so-so...exercise about the same...trying to get that extra kick and get off this plateau. DD lost well again at WW and got her keychain today...she's now inspiring ME!
Was out late babysitting tonight...this was while my friend who just lost her baby went out with some ladies...her first big outing. The kids were good. I took dinner over - thin crust pizza and I did ok with it.
Guess it does not help the plateau...

Hi to the new Emily and to Di and anyone else I might have missed...I tried to catch up again. Hope I can keep borrowing this computer until mine is fixed.
Talk with you all soon.
Ali
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2007, 11:32 PM
snowy Sunday, Jan.21

Morning!!

I am up early, can't sleep so I thought I'd get on the puter while I can!!

Last night, enjoyed my beef stew I made, will have the other half tonight, and the DDs can have a pizza.

I took Billy for a walk / jog around the block last night, around a mile. I quite enjoyed it (as did he!) We'll be doing that every evening now, I feel more confident jogging with him, and I can walk when I'm out of breath and nobody knows!

My SILs gate fell on her yesterday with the high winds, and she had to have 6 stitches in her leg. She rang my MIL to tell her, and she forgot, and I was ringing her last night, to see where she was and she said I rang her!!! Poor MIL looked really sad then, but she had no memory whatsoever of her ringing, this is where the short term memory loss is starting. Oh well, I made up her tablets for the week, and we enjoyed a couple of hours chatting!

I think I might go back to bed for an hour now, its only 6.30am, so I will try and pop in later, when i am allowed a turn again! LOL

Have a lovely day!
Unread 01-21-2007, 08:37 AM
snowy Sunday, Jan.21

Sorry I've been gone so long, I really have been overwhelmed both physically and mentally. I mean, there is just so much to do, and then I had moments of just in general. I did sleep last night and feel pretty good. I'm going to post here then go back to sleep unless I need to go give Dad a bath. LT said he'd try to talk Dad out of it so I can have the day off, and my mother thinks it will be okay.

I have quickly read everyone's posts, so while I can't touch everyone, I do want to send special to Llyn and prayers that things are looking up and DM is on the mend.

And to Lynn, good luck on the surgery. You really do have a good support group. for good health!

Welcome also to Believer and Dianne! This is a great group and I really do look forward to getting to know you. Y'know, when I first joined BEST I used my first name, Diane, but there was already a Diane or Dianne or maybe Diana (also from Australia!) and it seemed confusing so I switched to my personal "Desk" and no one has challenged me for that moniker Where are you located, Di? I"m glad you are getting rain and I hope you are getting some rest.
And Believer, I sure hope you have not suffered from the bad weather in TX. I don't remember where in TX you are but I have numerous friends who have really had a time of it.

Melissa, I usually don't really eat breakfast until I get to work around 6 AM, so I am not really sure what I do or when I eat. You know me, see food, eat it, so it just depends. Sweets cause me to want sweets, but they do give me heartburn in the morning so that helps prevent ingestion most of the time. Some days I just feel daring Ideally I will eat around 6 or 7 and make it to noon, but that schedule has yet to establish itself.

Nancy, I am thrilled that you have water. Did you find anything interesting in the old vanity? You have inspired me, and I actually cleaned my bathroom last night before I went to bed I excavated the scale and shined it up a bit but it didn't thank me and still showed me at 175 (that would be 79 kg and 12.5 stone - I found a converter!). Most of the dog hair is gone and I only broke one vacuum yesterday. I think our house is so bad that each just expires when we try them. In 20 years we have broken about 10-15 vacuums. It doesn't help that DH LT (that's Dear Husband, Little Timmy, for you new folks) continually brings home used vacuums that may not work in the first place. One year we had six vacs in the garage and I don't think any worked. I bought a very pricey one a year or two ago, and am told that one is down for the count just now, and I used my mother's yesterday and that one started smoking, so my bathroom was done with an inexpensive electric broom that so far still works! All I can say it that (Ali's?) aerobic vacuuming is not something that will work for me since the vacuum poops out before I do!!!

Vitamins: http://www.cnbc.com/id/16655168/ I sometimes take them, have dozens of bottles of various vitamins on my shelves since I lose them or forget I have them. But this is an interesting article and provides guidance on determining the best/safest ones.

I did find a couple of weight conversion links like http://www.sciencelab.com/data/conversions/weight.shtml and
http://www.sciencelab.com/data/conversions/weight.shtml
that may help us keep up with one another's challenges and progress around the world. I always figure a kg is 2.2 lbs, so I just divide by 2 for a rough estimate. Dividing by 14 to get stones is a little more difficult for me. I'm good at math, but the basic arithmetic has always stopped me.

I know I've not greeted everyone properly but I'm about to take a nap, perhaps to sleep the day away, if I"m lucky. My stomach is letting me know that breakfast would not be rejected, but if I can sleep, I'll wake up not hungry and that will enable me to eat less when I finally have breakfast. If I could sleep all the time, I might not eat at all. Well, it worked for me when I was 14, anyway.

Argh. Photos. I will need to have a new driver's license id this year. Now THAT's a goal to work toward - to lose enough weight so that my ID will not offend me for the next five years!

Thanks to everyone for thinking of me. You are always in my mind and my heart -

Desk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2007, 08:42 AM
snowy Sunday, Jan.21

Good Morning Everyone! I'm posting quickly while DH gets the final measurements on a wall board we need to cut. I'm staying out of the way while he thinks.

Food yesterday was really good. Had a Wendy's chili for dinner last night. Got up this morning, got on the scale and had gained 1 pound. How does that happen. I moved all day working in the bathroom, and ate really really good. I should have lost or at least stayed the same. Hopefully it's some water weight. I'll stay OP today and see how it looks tomorrow. It's so hard to stay OP when the scale goes in the wrong direction.

Exercise today will be moving vanity cabinets around, getting large quantities of construction trash out of the house, and my walk. Just no time for any more than that. I'm going to love this new bathroom, but right now it's at that really messy aggrevating point.

Ali.. DD is struggling with PC issues too, and I have in the past. Hopefully yours will be happy soon. It's amazing how much we rely on these darn things anymore.

Fran.. The jogs with Billy sound great. And I know he enjoys them. I love walking in the evenings.

Ok..off to be helpful (I hope). I'll check back in later.

Have a BEST OP day everyone!

Desk...We were posting at the same time I guess. You need some time for Desk..Just like Melissa needs some time for herself. Try to schedule some time, just for you. Even if it's only 20-30 minutes. It really does help. I'm glad I inspired you to clean out your bathroom. We found a pill cutter under the drawers that we have looked everywhere for. Otherwise all the stuff under the old vanity was a good surprise. The floor is in great shape, level and the new cabinets fit in the same spot.
Take care!!
Unread 01-21-2007, 09:23 AM
snowy Sunday, Jan.21

Morning everyone...

I've already been up and about today... but having no luck. Target didn't have what I needed & the mall is still closed & the bank wasn't dispensing $$... so I just came home I'll try my luck later on!!

Yesterday was fun -- went to see "Happy Feet" at the movies & am proud to say that we were not tempted by any of the concession foods We did go to a Mexican place & I had their grilled shrimp salad w/ fat free salsa verde & a bottled water. I did snack on some of the nachos... but definitely didn't eat them like I use to.

Nancy... I'm really impressed with do-it-yourselfers!! DH & I have no talent in that area & we still have one more bathroom to remodel. At least we help keep handymen employed

Desk... enjoy your day resting. Sometimes that's just what we need to recharge our batteries.

Melissa... sounds like you could use a break as well!!

Fran... good news on the jogging!! You are sooooo motivated!!

Ali... at least the pizza was thin crust (looking for the positive here). Just love making our own pizza... haven't done it in a while though.

Speaking of food & trying to stay OP... DH made spaghetti the other night... not only did he use a whole box of spaghetti, he went and used the half box of spaghetti that I had in the pantry -- there's only 2 of us. Needless to say, we have tons of spaghetti I'm thinking of putting some in a container to give to DD when she picks up DgS so it all doesn't go to waste.

Ok... off to get the laundry done, and clean up after the guys. Have a great day all!!
Unread 01-21-2007, 10:56 AM
snowy Sunday, Jan.21

Hi Everyone

Ali and Fran if I'd looked I would have posted on the threads you started last night. PJ and I apparently couldn't sleep!

Everyone sounds good today. Thanks for the support to myself and Desk about needing "me" time. I sure do. DH wants to consider another vacation. I truly don't want to go away just now. Just want the problems to go away. LOL

Food today? Ummmm lets just say I could do better. Bkft: 1 mini begal toasted w/butter and hot tea. Snack: choco brownie :day: why did I buy them yesterday? Lunch: mug of chili. Dinner: not sure yet - no desires to cook.

I got my bills paid - have to write out only 2 more checks for dad. Starts all over at the 1st of the month. Cloudy, about 28F and smells like snow! I love that smell in the air and will probably enjoy the first true snow fall if we get any.

I'm enjoying watching my feathered friend out in the feeders. So many variety's. Squirrels being chased by doggies is fun to watch also. The squirrels are breaking weight records. They are too fat to catch in our live trap to release elsewhere.

Nancy - I finally figured out your scale problem. You live in Michigan - that's up north. You probably live in one of those areas where there's a magnetic anomolie (sp) and the weight spring automatically points north or UP! Works for me. As you can tell I'm no rocket scientist.

Desk - you and vaccums sounds like my firend. She must buy an new one every 6-12 months. I've had the same one for 13 yrs and bought a new one 2 yrs ago. I hate the new one. But I got a cheapie and it's not convienent for the tools.

OK - I'm off to spend quality time with DH. He's up and asking for lunch. Just know I read everyone's posts and am thinking of you all.

M.
Unread 01-21-2007, 11:04 AM
snowy Sunday, Jan.21

Melissa...That must be it!!
Unread 01-21-2007, 02:11 PM
snowy Sunday, Jan.21

A quick hello to everyone,
We are having a very busy weekend here - basketball games and trying to finish tiling the master bathroom. I am going to need to start pulling down the wallpaper soon. I am over the wallpaper in the bathrooms - its paint from now on. The new cabinets and counter tops and sinks are in. They look great. The new ceiling fan and light fixtures will go in after I pull the wallpaper. The ceiling in there is vaulted so it is alot of work to do the ceiling fan. Its hard to remodel when you are doing it as weekend warriors. Next is the master bedroom. I started packing everything in there - not fun.
My eating is ok - not great - I have lost another 2 lbs - I am eating healthy things - just no appetite so I am not eating alot. I also am sensative to heavy tasting things - don't know if my blood work had anything to do with that - my blood work had that my iron stores were totally depleted. Anyone have any input on that - I will have to call oncologist to ask. I am taking Tandum plus which is supposed to boost my iron and my white and red blood counts. They were low on Tues - don't think they could change that drastically -
Hopefully I will be sort of back to normal tomorrow. Hope you all are having a great Sunday. Until tomorrow. Lynn
Unread 01-21-2007, 02:47 PM
snowy Sunday, Jan.21

I realized last night while babysitting...I went the entire holiday season with NO EGGNOG...I realized this when I opened my friends fridge to get the kids some milk...and she had a jug of nog in there...it is one of my "trigger foods". I will just guzzle the stuff. And I did good last night and did NOT touch the stuff. Small victories/baby steps.
Our snow has ceased for the time being, with possible ice/drizzle later...so we are not having our ESL classes tonight. One of our teachers did a 360 in her car on the way home from church, and many of our students drive a long way. Better to be safe!
Trying to stay OP...drinking my water - staying out of the kitchen! :hidekey: Chili and plain baked potato for dinner. Yummy.
Have a good evening all.
Ali
Unread 01-21-2007, 04:59 PM
snowy Sunday, Jan.21

:letsnow: guess what's it doing here?! Not sure if I like it or not. Now if I were in a ski lodge in front of a roaring fire, drink in hand, handsome ski bum wispering in my ear....LOL. Its comming down heavy and laying on everything except the street already. I don't think we're supposed to get any accumulation to amout of. Haven't listened to the weather yet. DH watching a war movie.

MIL came over this afternoon. We talked, ate some fresh made stromboli and played "UpWords". I enjoy that game. sipped hot tea and enjoyed her visit.

Dinner ended up being grilled cheese for DH and I had another toasted mini begal w/cream cheese. Just not hungry. Maybe I'll have some protein (cheese cubes, nuts, yogurt - something) later.

Lynn - don't you want to finish you bathroom before starting on your bedroom? My DH can be the king of unfinished projects I know him too well.

Ali - your right, better safe than sorry. I hope DD has school tomorrow. Mid-terms start and she wants them over with. Can't say I blame her.

OK- off to see if DH will turn the channel.

Hugs to all - hope to stop in tomorrow,
M.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register