Bored | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Bored

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since TAH. I'm OK but I can't do anything. I ran out of pain pills, Dr. won't refill. I'm afraid to do anything for fear of starting the pain. One day last week I went out and walked 2 blocks, and the next day I was in serious pain. I never thought I'd get tired of lying in bed. Of course I read and watch Tv and walk around the house. I kind of wanted to go to church today but it snowed and I can't shovel the driveway, LOL I'd probably rupture something. LOL Boy will I be glad to resume my life in a couple weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Bored

I can relate to that. I too am bored, I used to love reading but I just haven't had the desire to read lately. I have been thinking a lot about church but I don't think I am ready for that yet. I'll end up praising God and dancing and be in pain later. I am so used to getting out of the house everyday. I was actually looking for the time off from work and just relaxing around the house, now I am tired of looking at these four walls. I do look at this way, its rest long overdue and I am going to make the best of it because I don't know when I will ever have this chance again.
Unread 01-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Bored

I had my TAH Jan 12,. I really haven't taken much pain med. I think a total of 3 since i been home. I really feel pretty good other then feel like i am carring a pouch around. lol Swelly Belly which is sore. I was thinking of venturing out to the grocery store. Could send DH, but i feel like doing it. I will just take someone along with me, kids or DH. Yesterday i went to my office and paid some bills and a little paper work, probley shouldn't, but i feel fine today. Is it ok to drive after 1 week or is it 2. I heard mixed things even from my doctor. It's really hard to lay and do nothing were so used to doing everything. I guess we should just enjoy, because before we know it we will be back to running around. Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Bored

I can totally relate to the boredom. I am going crazy..I love to read but I have not had much interest in it since my surgery. I will be so glad when I can do things.

My doc told me not to drive for at least 4 weeks because if you had to suddenly brake hard it could rip things inside.
Unread 01-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Bored

I had one list of instructions which said no driving for 2 weeks and another list that said 7-10 days. It's not the driving I'm worried about. It's the walking around I can't do. The kids are going nuts, they want to go somewhere. I wish they would just go for a walk or something but they're not interested in that. On 2nd thought maybe they could walk to the ice cream store which is about the only thing within walking distance for us. At least you Fla. and Cal. ladies don't have to worry about snow. It is pretty though.
Unread 01-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Bored

I would wait unti Dr says it's OK to drive. If you're in pain now just with walking, you are gonna hurt trying to control a 4,000 lbs machine! And going over bumps, enough to send me into tears sometimes!

It snowed here in Columbus, I'm not even gonna try going out!

I call this boredom "Hyster Fever" - we're not supposed to go out, but we want to, but we hurt and feel like frump-queens in our sweats or pj bottoms, we want to be energetic but we get tired, we're tired of seeing the same 300+ channels on satillite tv, we've seen all the new movies from Blockbuster, read every book a hundred time and we don't want to read them again, but we feel guilty laying around with out feet up resting. ugh!

Listen to your body! Don't overdo it - I went to the Boat & RV show at two weeks, walked around and climbed up in trailors, and I hurt like hell the next day!! Send your kids out to go play in the snow, build you a snow man or make angels. And if they get ice cream, be sure they get you chocolate!!

Hugs to you!!
Unread 01-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Bored

Oh Boy, I wish I had joined this group before my surgery! I really understand the boredom, and when I am bored, I get into trouble and do too much. And am paying for it now! Treat yourself like you would treat your own best friend, and make yourself rest. That is what I will try to do, also.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register