"Water balloon with novacain" feeling on my incision after exercise | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"Water balloon with novacain" feeling on my incision after exercise "Water balloon with novacain" feeling on my incision after exercise

Unread 01-25-2007, 09:13 AM
"Water balloon with novacain" feeling on my incision after exercise

I feel great since my surgery. I exercise regularly doing either weights, jogging, or walking most days. My only issue is my incision area. I get what I describe as a "water balloon with novacain" feeling on my incision. There is no pain at all, just that odd numb kind of feeling. Has this happened to any of you? Is this normal? Do you think that I am doing too much even if I am not in pain? Is this forever?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2007, 11:28 AM

I am so glad I read your thread, I am a daily excerciser and the stomach at my incision feels numb and creepy. I wear the .1 Vivelle Dot patch and I tried to put the patch on the front of me and it made my stomach feel swollen and even more numb. Maybe some sisters could help us out with an answer
Unread 01-25-2007, 09:27 PM

Hi Ivette,

I'm glad you're feeling so well after surgery - that's terrific!

This may be a case where it's worth a quick call to your doctor just to be sure everything is okay with the unusual numbness you're feeling. That way you can get started on any prevention or treatment (if any is even needed) and you can put your mind at ease knowing your doc is on the case!

By the way, I think it's wonderful that you're able to do so much activity and that you're really listening to your body. That is excellent and sets you up for great healing!!! May I gently remind you that you're still relatively close to your surgery date? Don't forget you're still healing and that it's always great to and to not push exercise too much. (Lecture over! - you're doing great!).

Good luck and will you let us know what your doctor says?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2007, 05:26 AM

this is completely normal, or so my doc assured me, he said the next step is a tingly feeling as the nerves are starting to heal and replace themselves. i purposely asked, cause i was slighty concerned as well. i hope that helps ya out and eases your mind a bit. :smilie5:
Unread 01-26-2007, 06:00 AM

I am a big spinner and walker and some weights too. I had my 6 week on Wednesday. Doc. said I could walk in moderation, no spinning yet and one year before any ab work. She said it takes a year for your insides to heal and I risk getting a hernia.
I'm pretty upset about this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register