George Foreman Grills... WHO has one? HOW to decide WHICH?? SO many to choose from | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

George Foreman Grills...  WHO has one?  HOW to decide WHICH??  SO many to choose from George Foreman Grills... WHO has one? HOW to decide WHICH?? SO many to choose from

Unread 01-25-2007, 01:58 PM
George Foreman Grills... WHO has one? HOW to decide WHICH?? SO many to choose from

I have decided to buy a new George Foreman grill on eBay. WOW there were over a dozen or more different versions and models!!!! I went to the George Foreman website and was overwhelmed with all the choices!!!!

HELP.... anyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2007, 05:30 PM
George Foreman Grills... WHO has one? HOW to decide WHICH?? SO many to choose from

I have one and I love it! I have the George Foreman jumbo grill. I've had it for several years now so the plates are not removeable. I do believe the newer ones have removeable plates that can be placed in the dishwasher. Even though they are not removeable, it cleans up in a snap.

Good luck! And happy shopping!
Unread 01-25-2007, 05:40 PM

I just got one of the small ones a couple of months ago. I bought one of the smaller ones and the surfaces do not remove. It isn't too hard to clean up. I can see the benefits of the removable plates. I based the size on how many people I am grilling for the most (2 -3).

Jane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2007, 06:21 PM

I have the old jumbo one also but I like the idea of the new removable plates. I find it easy to clean and I usually do my fish and chicken in glad bake and it stays very moist. I highly recommend them.
Unread 01-27-2007, 06:04 AM

We love ours ... I'm not sure which 'model' it is ... all it says on it is "Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine" ... and it's BIG! It's a few years old now but we wouldn't be without it!
Unread 01-27-2007, 12:16 PM

I love my "Georgie" and can't give it enough praise. However there are some things I didn't like about my first one...
  • Too small
  • Useless bun warmer
  • Non stick started wearing off (however this was after several years of use)

When the non-stick started wearing off, that was my signal to upgrade. I had definitely gotten my money's worth and there wa no question about replacing it. For the replacement, a "The Next Gerneration" Foreman Grill in Platinum, I made sure it was bigger, wider instead of longer (this would work better with my counter space), had no bun warmer (it didn't get very warm, didn't toast them like I prefer and constantly flopped open when I opened the grill...I usually ended up putting the buns opened up on the gril plate with the machine open to toast them after the meat was done) and had removable plates.

Removable plates aren't required since clean up on the other was a snap, but they are oh..so nice.

I don't think you can go wrong with any model, so my biggest recommendation is to determine what size will work for you and make sure it's shape (consider how the lid opens and how big the drip tray is too) will work where you plan to use it.
Unread 01-29-2007, 08:12 PM

I got the next generation G5 grill with interchangeable plates. I love it. You can put the plates in the dishwasher too for easy clean up.

I highly recommend it.

HUGS
SA

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register