Internal radiation treatment #1 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Internal radiation treatment #1 Internal radiation treatment #1

Unread 06-07-2001, 01:42 PM
Internal radiation treatment #1

Thanks for all your good wishes. While I wouldn't say that this morning was a piece of cake and parts of it were down right trying, I survived my first internal treatment. I was there an hour and a half. I didn't have to take any drugs whatsoever. The radiation part just took 8 minutes. I felt as good as you can with a cather, the vaginal probe and the tube in my rectum. I started getting a little teary when they told me where going to put the tube in my rectum, given my problems with an anal fissure, but it really wasn't too bad.

I spent my time there in prayer. I first asked God to let me feel His presence and to help keep me relaxed and calm. Which He did, so I was able to spend the rest of the time praying for others. God is so good. Okay only two more treatments, next Thursday and the Thursday after. I am seeing a wonderful, beautiful light at the end of this tunnel.

God Bless you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2001, 01:53 PM

Zoe , great news !!! I am so happy that you are now really on the down hill run. It won't be long now. You will be having your last treatment at exactly the same time I am having my internal treatment. Like you have told me... we will survive and come out at the other end much better for this experience. Much , much love to you x x
Unread 06-07-2001, 03:25 PM

Oh Zoe,
I have been checking all day, waiting to hear from you! Thank God, it was not that bad.I tell you Zoe, I have been feeling great all day today. I see the light.....there is no more darkness, I cannot wait for you to feel the same.
Valentina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2001, 03:45 PM

Hugs ((((Zoe)))))
So glad you got the first one over with!! Now you will have an idea of what to expect for the remaining ones, and hopefully that is of some comfort to you. It sounds like a very uncomfortable procedure, but you are all strong women and will get through it.

I just know you are all taking strength from each other through this. It helps so much to have someone going through the same treatment as you can so well relate to each other.

Valentina, so great to hear that you are feeling so good! Won't be long now before Robyn and Zoe and Brenda are posting the same thing.

Love and Hugs to all of you!
M. xoxo
Unread 06-08-2001, 09:20 PM

{{Zoe}}

I'm so glad you're on your way to completing your treatments! One down! Yeah!

You sound like you've got a great attitude and outlook, that is so very important. Hang in there and keep up the great attitude!

We're all here for you, praying right along with all of you.

Take care and big {{hugs}} for you.

Vicki
Unread 06-09-2001, 05:27 AM

Hi, Zoe!

I'm so relieved to hear it went well for you. You're right--God is good. He sees us through all things. Just 2 more to go! I know you can do it, then you'll be feeling better and you'll be healed up and all this will be just one more story behind you.

And Valentina! You sound great! I'm thrilled to hear it.

God bless you both, sisters. Have a great day!
Unread 06-09-2001, 09:02 PM

Dear Zoe:

So glad to hear everything went well with your treatment and you will be finished with them before too long.

Isn't it amazing how God takes care of us. He truly answers our prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register