YIKES in 24 hrs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

YIKES in 24 hrs YIKES in 24 hrs

Unread 01-28-2007, 07:11 AM
YIKES in 24 hrs

I'll be at the castle..this has come about so quickly for me I haven't had time to panic. God bless this site and all the lovely women who respond to these threads.
Hope springs eternal and I am wishing my trip to the castle will begin my weight lose goals. Will stop the daily hives I have had for 3 years. Will bring my blood pressure down. And boy If I could come out of this with even a slight sliver of a memory I will be doing the HAPPY DANCE!! What surprised you about your body after surgery???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2007, 07:19 AM
YIKES in 24 hrs

Aylah

Two weeks ago at this time I was in your same place, the day before surgery. And like youve probably heard a hundred times before the waiting is the worst of it! What surprised me most about my body is when I first felt my tummy and how much flatter it was than before surgery. Good luck and God bless and see ya later on the post op side!
Unread 01-28-2007, 07:28 AM
YIKES in 24 hrs

I'll be at the castle tomorrow morning, as well. I'll be thinking of you. See ya in the Post-Op threads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

YIKES in 24 hrs

Aylah Good luck tomorrow, I will be making my trip to the castle in 3 days, getting rather nervous about everything. On top of going to the castle in 3 days hubby came home this morning so very sick, I told him not to breathe on me hehe.
YIKES in 24 hrs

I was surprised that immedialey after surgery the low back pain I had experienced for quite some time due to fibroid tumors and an enlarged uterus was completely gone. Poof! I figured it would take time to get better, but really, it was gone as soon as I woke up from surgery. Forget about the morphine drip :0

I know you are looking forward to weight loss, but please do not be discouraged if you gain initially afterward. I have swelling and a good 10 lbs more on me than before. Haven't been eating the best food lately. Guess it takes time to work this out. I feel certain that once I am able to be up and about like before and eat normally this weight will melt off.

The biggest difference of all - no endless bleeding. I have had it for so long, I was actually surprised when it didn't return. After the first 12 hours or so I only had a tiny bit of discharge. YIPPEE! Really, I feel like a new woman! Steppin alot lighter than before.

Best wishes for a textbook recovery. You're almost there.
Unread 01-28-2007, 07:35 AM
YIKES in 24 hrs

I'm there on Tuesday. Really freaking out now. I'm going to try to do some cleaning/shopping today to help get my mind off of it.
Unread 01-28-2007, 07:47 AM
YIKES in 24 hrs

Simple I'm right there with you, I will be there Wed. We will both be fine and feel like brand new women when we get home.
Unread 01-28-2007, 07:52 AM
YIKES in 24 hrs

Good luck to all of you on your upcoming surgery! You will feel alot better in a couple of weeks. Thoughts and prayers to all of you!
Unread 01-28-2007, 09:19 AM
YIKES in 24 hrs

Good luck to all of you!! the sun is shining here on the other side! Even though I am only three weeks out, I have noticed that my pain is significantly less than prior to surgery. I have the usual post-op ailmenst, but that horrible uterine pain is GONE!
Thinking of all of you!
Unread 01-28-2007, 12:52 PM
YIKES in 24 hrs

Good luck and God Bless all you ladies going to the castle! You are in my prayers!See you on the other side!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register