sheculed for an abdominal hysterectomy on feb 6th 2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sheculed for an abdominal hysterectomy on feb 6th 2007 sheculed for an abdominal hysterectomy on feb 6th 2007

Unread 01-31-2007, 03:47 PM
sheculed for an abdominal hysterectomy on feb 6th 2007

hello everyone i am new here . i stumbled across this site when i was looking for information and support on haveing a hysterectomy. I am 27yrs old and i am haveing an abdominal hysterectomy on feb 6th 07. i have struggled with endometriosis for about 5yrs and ovarian cyst trouble. i have an enlarged ovary and my tubes are no good anymore. my doctor says there no more hope for me to have children, i have seen 6 different doctors and they all say the same. i have never had any kids and this is really disapointing to me and my hubby. this is a very hard thing for my to accept. but i know and feel i must have this done for my own health. does anyone haveing any tips on recovery for an abdominal hysterectomy? any advice and tips would be greatly appriceated. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2007, 04:04 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you need a hysterectomy at such a young age.
Good for you for going for all of those extra opinions. This isn't something that you should take one person's opinion on, and you haven't.
I had an abdominal hysterectomy with a vertical incision several months ago. I brought a pillow to the hospital which I placed on my tummy when I had to sneeze, cough or laugh, and used it as protection between myself and the seat belt on the drive home.
I got relief from lower back pain from my heating pad. I expected for the recovery to take a long time..and it has. I did a very decent amount of walking right away, and kept a good balance between resting and also not becoming a slug. I had a very uneventful recovery
and at my six week check up I was released. Now I don't go back until my yearly check up. Don't let people encourage you to do too much, too soon. You sound as if you must be in pain. I look forward to hearing about your relief from it, as you recover.
Unread 01-31-2007, 04:19 PM

thanks for answering my post. how long was you in the hospital.i was told i would be there for about 4 days, but i also heard that it could be longer depending on how things go?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2007, 04:55 PM

hi,
Im so sorry you have had to go through so much!
thought I would share stuff about me and my recovery with you i hope this helps you some!
I had my TAH-BSO on Jan 16th...I was in the hospital from tuesday till thursday afternoon, they let me go home after I passed gas and ate solid food...the recovery is a long slow one, but I feel alittle better everyday, you have to be very careful getting in and out of bed, sneezing, coughing, make sure you walk alot rest alot and, dont try to over do! Like laundry,
sweeping, mopping...you can fold your laundry after someone else carries it for you.I know it drives me nuts not being able to take care of things the way im used to but I dont want to risk hurting myself and taking that much longer to heal! Just know you will do fine and we will survive this time in our lives! Good luck
to you and GOD BLESS! I hope you will be better soon!
Unread 02-01-2007, 08:11 AM

I had my surgery first thing on a Tuesday morning, and went home that Friday.
Unread 02-01-2007, 09:28 AM

Hi I am so sorry you have to go through this at such a young age. Mine is scheduled for Feb. 7th and I was told I would be in the hospital for 4 days. Good luck and our prayers are with you.
Unread 02-01-2007, 10:27 AM

thank you all so much for replying to my post. you all are in my prayers too and i wish us all a speedy recovery! i know it isnt going to be easy. My hubby and my doctor are worried about depresion on acount that i havent had any children , a part of me feels that this is the best for me seeing how i have been in pain for so long and the risk of cancer,but the other half of me is heart broken.. i have some questions on HRT? i will be talking to my doctor, but are any of you ladies takeing it? and is it working for you? i read that your risk of cvd is increased with haveing a hysterectomy and takeing HRT would help it? but i also read that if you have a family history of breast cancer that HRT could increase your risk for that. this is so frustrating trying to make all these decisions. could someone give me some feed back on HRT?...thanks...so much and god bless you all.
Unread 02-01-2007, 12:18 PM

Since I had no medical reason or family history that was a concern, I was able to keep one ovary, so I've needed no hormonal replacement. I feel great!
Unread 02-01-2007, 02:10 PM

I'm scheduled for my TAH on February 12th. I just found out today.
They are giving me a pain bubble that will be inserted into my incision to control pain after. I won't need the morphine after surgery, thankfully. Has anyone else heard about this??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register