Harry Potter #7 due on July 21st!!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Harry Potter #7 due on July 21st!!!! Harry Potter #7 due on July 21st!!!!

Unread 03-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Harry Potter #7 due on July 21st!!!!

our local bookshop organises a midnight release party! but we will wait for tescos me thinks! sorry to hear about the tenosynovitus, i had mine for yonks but had decompression in 2004. I am still careful about overdoing the old arms but its the gardening and typing that did it, so its little and often! does it keep you up at night with the pain? if so ask about the op although its a long waiting list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz06uk
our local bookshop organises a midnight release party! but we will wait for tescos me thinks! sorry to hear about the tenosynovitus, i had mine for yonks but had decompression in 2004. I am still careful about overdoing the old arms but its the gardening and typing that did it, so its little and often! does it keep you up at night with the pain? if so ask about the op although its a long waiting list
My GP isn't so sure it is teno now - I had a steroid injection last week, which was OK for the first couple of days, then last weekend, the most horrific pain kicked in - my arm felt as if it was going into spasm and it wouldn't stop. Pain is a common side effect after the injection, but this was a bit over-the-top. Anyway, I've had an x-ray at the hospital to exclude other things before I'm sent for more investigations/physio. And I've got some long-acting Tramadol, which at least allows me to get some sleep.

Back on thread and it is relevant, because I'm finding the HP audiobooks very useful at the moment. When my arm's at its worst, I have to prop it up on a cushion so that I can read. With an audiobook, there's no problem, even with a book the size of OotP. I think a lot of people will be going to supermarkets for their Deathly Hallows, especially if they have more than one copy to buy. With all sort of rumours floating around about who's going to die, how many younger readers are going to wait till their siblings have finished with the one copy??
Unread 03-28-2007, 01:36 AM

Yep i can imagine a few fisticuffs over the one copy if it came to us sorry about your arm i hope it gets sorted out soon. take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2007, 06:16 AM

I'm currently re-reading all the books
(just started HP and the Goblet of Fire).

Is anyone else doing the same?

Marili
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberring
I'm currently re-reading all the books
(just started HP and the Goblet of Fire).

Is anyone else doing the same?

Marili

Planning to start next week, when I get my things out of storage!

60 days, 11 hours, 41 minutes left!!!
Unread 05-21-2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marian Paroo
60 days, 11 hours, 41 minutes left!!!
I'm waiting too!!!
Unread 05-21-2007, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanus
I'm waiting too!!!

I already arranged at work to have the following two days off...!
Unread 05-25-2007, 05:03 AM

It's me again

I'm on a mailing list about HP and they all
seem sure that at least a couple of main
characters are going to die in this last
book.....so sad!
What do you think about it?
Unread 05-25-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberring
It's me again

I'm on a mailing list about HP and they all
seem sure that at least a couple of main
characters are going to die in this last
book.....so sad!
What do you think about it?
Apparently, Rowling has indicated that a couple of characters are going down in flames. Although that would be sad, I'd rather a down-beat ending than one full of Pollyanna cheer. I don't think it would suit the tone of the series, which has been increasingly dark. A bulletin board I go on is fairly divided - some people find the idea of an ending full of death and tragedy quite upsetting; others, like me, would be appalled if the characters all lived happily ever after. Anyway, we now have less than two months to go, so we'll soon find out. My DH will get first bite; he's at work on the Monday, so once he's out of the door I have Harry all to myself.
Unread 05-26-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlington
Apparently, Rowling has indicated that a couple of characters are going down in flames. Although that would be sad, I'd rather a down-beat ending than one full of Pollyanna cheer. I don't think it would suit the tone of the series, which has been increasingly dark. A bulletin board I go on is fairly divided - some people find the idea of an ending full of death and tragedy quite upsetting; others, like me, would be appalled if the characters all lived happily ever after. Anyway, we now have less than two months to go, so we'll soon find out. My DH will get first bite; he's at work on the Monday, so once he's out of the door I have Harry all to myself.

Destroying evil doesn't come cheap.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register