uterine cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

uterine cancer uterine cancer

Unread 02-03-2007, 07:00 PM
uterine cancer

Any sisters out there who are having a hysterectomy because of uterine cancer?? I'm having a total hyst. with lymph node removal as well. Surgery is Monday..Feb. 5th. Scared......yes. Most of the post op posts deal with woman who had fibroids and painful period cramps. I never had cramps...periods were a breeze. Those sisters were relieved to have had their hysterectomy. While I will be glad the cancer is going, I am nervous of losing my ovaries..lymph nodes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2007, 07:03 PM
uterine cancer

Hi, Yes I have ueterine cancer stage 1 and a prolapse having LAVH/BSO on February 15th!.

Good Luck to you,

Keiko /<oops, for privacy, please do not post email addresses>
Unread 02-03-2007, 07:10 PM
uterine cancer

I too am Stage 1, but Dr says can't be 100% sure until pathology comes back post hysterectomy. Also at this time doesn't think i'll need any radiation...keeping my fingers crossed... I wish all the best for you too... keep well....let's keep in touch here and keep each other positive!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2007, 08:19 PM
uterine cancer

Yep I had mine on Dec 11th, 2006, At first mine was Grade 1 pre-op but my surgical report says Grade 2 post-op. They removed my tubes and overies also, they did a pelvic wash and sent that to Path. no cancer cells were found in the wash. They also sent the uterus to path, and found the tumor had not gone past the lining. So they did not remove the lymph nodes.
I have to go back in 4 months to the onocologist. He will do another pelvic exam (Oh Joy!! I hate those things) I will have to have CT scans, xrays, and blood work every yr for the next few yrs. No other treatment other then the surgery. Dr. said as it was contained into the uterus lining, I was 99% cure of it.
Unread 02-03-2007, 08:20 PM
uterine cancer

Add me to the list.. I don't have my surgery date scheduled yet, just got the dx last week.
Hope that everything goes wonderfully for you.
Unread 02-03-2007, 09:51 PM
uterine cancer

Ladies, br sure and have your regular follow ups after surgery. Please do not neglect them.
I don't mean to scare you, but my sister went in for a hysterectomy and the dr said there was no obvious cancer. However, pathologist report came back conflicted, with one pathologist saying there were no cancer cells and another one saying low grade cancer. They never told us about the pathology report. They just sent a report to the county clinic reccamending follow up every 3 months. Nobody told us, so she never had follow ups.
15 months later she starts having nausea. Dr said it was acid reflux.
She spent 6 months getting worse and worse. June 30 2006 she was admitted to the county hospital and sent to ICU septic and with a mass where her uterus used to be. By the time the surgeon did surgery Aug 4th the mass was over 25 cm. It had wrapped around her intestines and invaded her liver and lung. On Oct 23, 2006 we lost her.
I am telling you this not to scare you, but to make sure you understand that when it comes to your life do not take any chances. Ask for a copy of the pathology report. Have your regular follow ups. I know a good cancer support group, e-mail me if you want that info. My sisters cancer was called leiomyosarcoma.
Unread 02-04-2007, 03:51 AM
uterine cancer

Has your doctor said what kind of cancer it is? I had grade 1, stage 1a endometrial adenocarcinoma. (It was contained in the superficial layer of the uterus and did not invade the muscle.) I had lymph node removal, pelvic washing, and appendectomy along with the TAH/BSO. No spread was found at that time. I did lots of research before and after my hyster, and everything I read is very encouraging about the prognosis for situations like mine. I needed no radiation or chemo, but will have a pap every 3 months for the 1st year, and CT scans by the end of the 1st year.

I was nervous about the lymph node and ovary loss also, and for me the instant menopause has not exactly been fun. But everyone is different, and maybe your experience will be better than mine. My doctor will not prescribe HRT and has even told me to stay away from soy products because of the small chance that there could be "rogue cancer cells" floating around somewhere that we don't want to encourage.

Keep posting - you will find lots of support on this site.

Melissa
Unread 02-04-2007, 07:28 AM
uterine cancer

My presenting problem was fibroids but a hysteroscopy showed up atypical hyperplasia, so I'm at the stage a lot of you ladies were, of waiting for my gynaecologist to get back to me to tell me whether I'm going to need my ovaries removed. He's fairly conservative and prefers to leave well alone if he can, so if he tells me they have to go, I'll abide by it. I hope he won't; firstly because a cancer diagnosis, even at an early stage, is never good, but also because it's taken me more than two weeks to get beyond feeling so sore I can't stand up, sit down or get out of bed without wishing I hadn't bothered. Still, it was my decision to hang onto my ovaries, even when I knew there might be a problem, so I'll have to live with the consequences if it happens. Good luck to everybody else out there, waiting for results, surgery and diagnoses.

Sharon
Unread 02-04-2007, 07:41 AM
uterine cancer

Right now I have stage one uterian cancer with questionable ovariers, they are enlarged and have what my dr said were cyst but she is not sure because of how enlarged they are that there is not something else going on. So we right now planning on removing my uterus, cervix and lymph nodes. They are going to do everything they can to save my ovariers, but there is no quarantee and she told me not to count on it.
I have had four radiation treatments and will have to do several after the suregery as well.

sorry about my spelling it is horrid I know
Unread 02-04-2007, 10:26 AM
uterine cancer

tia
As you can see, there are many sisters here who have a uterine cancer diagnosis. You are not alone.

Many who have a uterine cancer diagnosis (as well as other gyn cancers) post in the Cancer Concerns forum here at HysterSisters. If you haven't looked at Cancer Concerns yet, I invite you to do so. There you will receive lots of support dealing with the diagnosis and for any followup treatment you might need.

s
Jane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register