Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 100 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Pocono, it is always hard to say how the weather will change from one state to another. My 16 year old had school as the snow melted off the roads pretty quickly. Here's hoping for the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 08:18 PM

Well poconowoman you deserve it whoever gave it too noticed like I and I'm sure many other ladies that you give great words of advice and encouragement. I have to say you got me freaked out about the swellybelly. Mine has been so flat this whole time and I thought I was home free. I guess it's just another reminder that we aren't quite out of the woods yet. I hope the weather doesn't get too bad for you. I finally got rid of the stupid stomach bug that's been going around the house, my dh, well that's another story, you would think he just had surgery
Unread 03-15-2007, 08:18 PM

Hi Everyone,
Well I gotta say It is taking every bit of energy to write today, I am so deeply saddened and discouraged, I am also feeling guilty and I just want to climb in my bed, pull the blankets over my head and hide (much like I've been doing) - my Drs appt didn't go so great yesterday.

First of all as soon as I hit the office door I started to panic, I am a great panicker (no one can usually tell) but behind my smile and the how you feeling? You look great greetings with the receptionist, I was shaking, my head was spinning, and I had sweat on my upper lip!

When they finally called my name to come in I got weighed, I lost 13lbs, I wish it had been anything but "13" while I have never been superstitious I was right then! I went into the room and the Dr came in and every single question I had for him was gone and of course I forgot my list in the car. As he was bringing the speculum toward me I told him "I am scared right now" he was so sweet and ohh why honey? The only thing I could think of was "I have the same feeling I had when they took the VAGINAL PACKING out, the horror of it all!! But at that moment the thought of the speculum was like NO WAY!! He assured me it wouldn't hurt etc. And of course it didn't - actually it was the least painful of all the exams I've ever had! When he looked inside he said "I see alotttt of stitches", but everything looks good, he felt around and it wasn't that bad at all (Whoever said to take the Motrin before hand - thank you!)

Afterwards I said before I forget Princess NeNe had an abdominal the Dr gave her an anchor, what is that? He just looked at me (he has known me since 14 yrs old, I am 40 now) Princess NeNe my Hystersister...he started laughing and of course I had to explain but anyways he said "it depends on the type of procedures, she had, was there a tummy tuck? Did she have her ovaries out? sling? etc, but he said chances are is that what he meant was the starting point of the sewing, they do a bunch of stitches in one spot beneath the skin to anchor...to that effect, but he couldn't be sure, for some reason when he was talking it made sense. Not so much anymore.

Then I asked him why Babcocks and I are nauseated and he said the bowel and the bladder are not 100% yet and until that whole system is back on line its to be expected. Then he explained that for me is what it appears to be the cause because he could see no other reason, but he also said it is a common complaint and could also indicate infection, bladder or bowel injury, also hormone imbalance, thyroid or other imbalances and that all those things should be ruled out and you better talk to your Dr about it.

Then he asked me questions and asked me to start keeping a daily journal.

Conclusion: Stick to what I have been doing, it appears that I am healing slower than he wishes but that there doesn't seem to be any infection. He thinks it best if I stay home from work until APRIL 10TH because of the slow healing. We agreed to wait until MAY 10TH a full 3 months post-op to reasses all the other "residual" problems, because he thinks at that time the exhaustion, hotflashes, bowel, nausea and dizziness should be under control. He said it takes a good 3 months for everything to be back on track and that full healing takes about a year. NO BATHING, NO LIFTING, NO SWINGING IN THE PLAYGROUND, FOR 3 MORE WEEKS. He said just keep taking it easy and if these things worsen or additional problems occur call him. If I still have problems come May we will address them.

I feel guilty because alot of people have serious problems, I feel sad becuase I wanted to go back to work, worried because I dread SEX yet disappointed because I "miss" him, feeling inadequate because I feel like I got a bad report card. I am just so sad, I'm sorry Ladies I even feel like I let you's down....its like redundant at this point...I thought I was so strong.

So thats my story I'll try to get my head out of my but tonight ...love ya all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 09:01 PM

lmg- i get anxious before going to the Dr, too. I mean FREAK out. as in heart pounding, sweating, stomach in knots and hard to breath- but nobody ever notices because i'm all smiles and chatty!! So don't feel alone there- and know that there is always another person who, behind the smiles and friendliness, is scared or anxious too. EVERYONE has problems, some are jsut more vocal about them than others. we so rarely know what is really going on in someone elses lives and minds!
I'm sorry you don't get to resume activities (ahem) but look at it this way, when y ou do get to it will be time, you know? You'll be all healed and ready to go!!
You didn't get a bad report card, you're healing jsut right for you, trite as it may sound.
I think most of us have great doctors, but let's not forget that they are human! And they see so many patients, sometimes they seem to forget that we need a little TLC, not just a kind comment.
So get your TLC here! big hugs to you.. now go forth and eat chocolate!
Unread 03-15-2007, 09:16 PM

IMG420, I am sorry you are feeling so sad. But as it has been said we all heal at different rates. While at this point I don't seem to have anything really wrong except terrible leg pain before the surgery which seems to have gotten worse since the surgery (I am hoping to go to nuerologist/pain management and get shots or something to ease it) it is also taking me a long time to heal and I am still taking percocet at night. So lets try and think about the small things that have improved. For example, I was happy I did not take percocet last night but did tonight. If you look back you are probably walking better, getting up and down better, etc. I know this is frustrating but we are not getting report cards. We all, including myself, need to remember this is a big deal and we will get through it. Before surgery I asked two of my drs about previous patients who have had hysterectomies. They said they have not had one patient who ever regretted having it done and in fact most of them say they wished they had done it sooner. So I am hoping for all of us that are slow healers that by the summer we will be great and ready to party, go swimming , play with our kids etc. I don't know if any of this has helped you but I know all of us care and we are here for you. Hugs to you and everyone.

Bookah - so sorry for freaking you out. Please forgive me. I am surprised as you that this happened tonight. I truly do think as soon as some of us start to feel better we get reminders not to overdo.
Unread 03-15-2007, 10:28 PM

Hi Ladies
I really wish my Dh was here tonight - one end of my incision does not look right and I am afraid I will be in for stiches or someting else! - I have had decent energy and no real pain for a while - tinges and an occasional pull but not bad. I had a massage today as I can be on my side for a decent amount of time and that was great! Everybody has to adapt at their own rate and I hope everyone has a good nights rest. I hope the hot flash fairy can find someone else to bother for a while
Reb
Unread 03-15-2007, 11:45 PM

IMG420 I'm so sorry you're feeling sad. And, don't feel like you let any of us down. I learned a lot from your post ( I'm one of the sisters with an "anchor"). My first post-op isn't until the 22nd so it's really helpful to read what you gals are posting after your DR appts. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better soon. Here's a

Pocono, I've had the swelly belly thing on and off since about the 3nd week of recovery. It was so bad on Tues. that I looked like I was about 6 mo. pregnant and my tummy was rock hard. About 3:00 that afternoon I started having to go to the bathroom (#1) almost constantly. I think I went (and a substantial amount) about every 15 min. until I went to bed. The next day my swelly belly was down considerably. I'm still not real clear on what causes it. That will be on my list of questions for the doc next week.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, restful night.
Unread 03-16-2007, 04:53 AM

Good morning ladies. I can't believe we are on page 100 of posts already! I actually got a little more sleep last night. I guess the shots may be working.I am still very sore where my shots were.I am going to go back to the beginning, after surgery, and I am not doing anything.I still can't get over how productive my follow up visit was. We addressed a lot of issues.Monday when I get my blood work done, I hope my progesterone level is okay, and I won't need any more shots.I am sure that is just wishful thinking though.My dr said feeling sad and even crying is normal, we just lost a part of ourselves.I do feel better knowing that slow healing is okay.I also feel relieved I don't have to worry about returning to work anytime soon either.I stopped in to see my boss after my office visit, she said take my time.Those of you like myself getting snow yuck, those of you in the south yeah, enjoy the sunshine.I hope you all have a great day where ever you are. I am going to try the morning nap thing, after my son leaves for school.Chat later.
Jayne
Unread 03-16-2007, 05:29 AM

Hi wow plenty of posts while the English gals are asleep. I'm feeling less energetic this morning. I've done a bit of housework but have had to stop owing to giddy and light headed feelings. The penicilin for my infection seems to be working as my tum feels less tender. I'm feeling less sure about returning to work at the beginning of April. My six week check is next Wednesday and dh is coming with me. Like everyone I have questions that I will want answered. I feel very tired today and lacking in energy. I think that if I can get clearance for swimming it might make me feel better. I am going out tonight with the mums from school for our 'Christmas' party. I dont want to go nothing fits I feel like a lump. I f I can have a rest then I probably will go. To Singingmad: I hope you enjoy your singing weekend. It sounds like loads of fun. I usually go on singing days that have a theme like early music, or works by a particular composer or by the composer who is taking the workshop. One of my choirs has a concert next week. I shall go and sit in the audience. I'll resume that choir when I am able to drive again.
Unread 03-16-2007, 05:41 AM

hi everyone
snow day for some of us. doesn't look like a good day for the kids to play outside though. and today was really going to be the day i was going to hit the mall and find real pants to fit my swollen body. also, my daughter was in an art show today, in the mall. i was up at 5 getting ready for it but it's part of a school field trip, so is cancelled. hope they reschedule. I had to sit in the eye drs. office for over an hour with dd. I almost left. Not easy sitting in an uncomfy chair. I'm sure you can all relate. Also, tonight was going to be my first dinner out with dh and friends. It may be too icey though. Have a great day

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register