Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 102 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

6 months off???? Wow! That IS amazing! I got 8 days off with pay and then had to work from home or use up the rest of my vacation days and be without pay for a few weeks. My company has no short term disability so I'd need to be out for 3 months before I could even collect long term disability. Ah well... live and learn.

Did someone mention glitter? I should share what happened to me at my post op. I was sitting in the office and the nurse asked if minded if an intern could view my incision along with my doc. She made it very clear that I could say no, and told me that so far that day (and my appointment was at 1 pm) no one had given permission. Well, I figured it was just my abdominal incision... no peeks anywhere else... and he WAS a doctor after all... And my own doc would be there so what the heck. The poor guy walked in with my doctor, thanked me profusely and shook my hand.... and for some reason I felt sorry for him so I gave him a warning, " I hear no one else will let you look, and I wasn't expecting a special guest so I apologize in advance for no glitter, fancy tattoos or ribbons!" He laughed and MAJORLY relaxed, and actually so did I. I just imagine how we'd feel if our doctors first experience with any of this was with an actual patient, rather than during their internship. I'm hoping that the experience helped this guy to understand the impact this surgery has for women and how personal and overwhelming it can be for us. From what I understand he'd just been sitting at a desk all day because no one would give permission for him to come in. My doc is gay and is a hoot and I've always felt extremely comfortable with him so I didn't have any worries there. I knew he'd make the whole appointment a very open comfortable one.

For those of us who HAVE had our internal post op, did it hurt??? I was uncomfortable for part of it (never an exam I like anyway), but I was surprised that the pushing on my abdomen actually wasn't uncomfortable. He did recommend me taking a deep breath and then letting it out slowly to relax my muscles a bit.... it helped! But my worries ahead of time were for naught. The playground is not yet open for visitors for another couple weeks to give those internal stitches time to heal but I'll be curious to see if all the "rides" work when it IS open!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2007, 08:27 AM

Babcocks, just wanted to let you know May 17 is my son's birthday. The weather should be beautiful.

On the couch - we have art shows up here too but they are not field trips, we usually have them at night or on the weekends. I too am hoping they reschedule for your school or the kids will be so disappointed. Mine always get excited when they have something in an art show.

Happy Now - your house sounds beautiful. I do have lots of houses around and only have a 1/2 acre but have 33 acres of woods behind us which is attached to a 300 acre bog. We love looking out at the woods and also have lots of wildlife - deer, rabbits, raccoons and sometimes bears and skunks. We also have a pair of woodpeckers like ***** Woodpecker with the red feathers on top. They are so amazing to see. Some of it we don't want sometimes like the couple of times we have had skunks. One funny story was many years ago before we had the kids we were both going to work and my dh wanted to get a jacket. I am in the car watching as a skunk starts to walk across the front steps (mind you this is 5:00 a.m. so he could not see it. I could not say anything so as not to scare the skunk so I am watching him come down the steps and I am hysterically laughing because he did not see it till literally he was a foot away and it was just like a moving rewinding he did not even turn around but walked back up the stairs backwards and had to wait till the skunk turned away. I don't know if anyone else will find that funny but I really did.
Another time I was getting ready for my ds 1st birthday party and had about 40 people coming to the house. I am outside at 6:30 a.m. and turn a cub bear is about 20 feet from me just watching me. I too just backed away slowly. The real funny part is my dh laughing at me because I'm now in the house yelling at the bear to leave bec I have so much to do to get ready and could not go back outside until the bear left. Good thing nobody but my family saw me yelling. Think anyone would have thought I was crazy.

I guess I am very talkative today.
Unread 03-16-2007, 08:30 AM

Singingmad - That was so nice of you to let the intern look. I am sure he will remember that experience for the rest of his life as you were the first one to let him look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2007, 08:37 AM

Hi Babcocks, I am not sure everyone in the UK gets the same allowances for time off work 'sick', I work in a local hospital, other companies may have different leave structures.

To Bagpus, we are lucky with the location of our home, we have a business and when we relocated part of it, the house came along with the business premises as a 'job lot', it needed a lot of work but we are very happy here,and the wild life we get in the garden makes my time from work fairly pleasant. We get foxes, badgers and deer, and a fabulous variety of birds. We have a shed in the garden where I have 4 dustbins, 1 with sunflower hearts for the birds, 1 with peanuts for the badgers, 1 with dry dog food for the foxes and one with horse nuts for the deer. We put food out every day, and it is all eaten! they cost us a fortune.
Unread 03-16-2007, 09:05 AM

To Poconowoman, My house is ok...but to have bears...now that is something. We took a trip to Alaska a couple of years ago and saw bears there, they were so close to us, but the salmon were spawning and the bears were really only interested in the fish. I'll never forget that, it was really special for us.
We stopped in Seattle as well on the same trip, I loved the city and got so in to the Baseball, we went to 2 games whilst we were there (go Mariners!!!), I have never seen such enourmous bags of popcorn, I was in heaven. And whilst talking of the food, what's with all the garlic they put on the fries? My eyes watered it was so strong (and that was from the people in front of us).
We stayed at a hotel called 'The Edge Water' it was lovely and traditional of the area, I think.
I also love your 'Cheesecake factory' ooooh, the choice. OK now I'm hungry and need to go eat . Talk later.
Unread 03-16-2007, 09:14 AM

Goodmorning sisters. Well I am still not sleeping great. I have maybe 2 nights where I sleep good , and I can never nap. I would like to today but I am babysitting all weekend. I have my sisters kids . The youngets is almost 2 . My Dh says I am to nice to have to be doing this. I have to pick the 2 year old up in about an hour. I am hope the weekend goes well. I won't be going anywhere . I hope all of you have a great day . I will let you know how it goes bye for now!
Unread 03-16-2007, 09:47 AM

The only thing that is improving from my visit, is sleep. I just got up from my morning nap 7 am to 11 am.My butt really hurts from the injections, still have discharge (from cuff not healed yet), bladder doing what it wants, swelly belly,pain, and still tired. The weather is yucky, I am home alone,and wishing things were better.I hope my antibiotic does not give me "the you know what infection". I think I am going to take a shower, and do my hair, maybe that will make me feel better.Talk to you soon.
Unread 03-16-2007, 09:52 AM

Thanks for replying - it's so comforting to hear someone else with the same/similar experiences. Sorry you have to return the 26th - don't think I could, but we do what we have to don't we?
Unread 03-16-2007, 09:58 AM

It is a bit of an exageration. I work for a small family firm that would not be able to afford to pay me for six months full pay. Dh has a job with the Financial Services Authority before that he was working at the Bank of England. His pay and conditions are much better than mine. I hope to return to work as soon as I can. I wont be off for six months! I cant say that we have bears in garden although for the first time last year we had a family of four fox cubs. No badgers I'm afraid although I have seen one carvorting across the road when I came back from singing late one night. Racoons no, montjack deer well yes in the woods at the back of the hospital where I had my hyster. Thought I'd had too much morphine. We also get regular visits to the garden from sparrowhawks, the odd heron off course, a good collection of long tailed tits, goldfinches, blackcaps and siskin but not all at once. At the moment we are hosting our usual frog party. Once they have done their spawning they usually leave. Off to find some clothes for tonights outing.
Unread 03-16-2007, 10:02 AM

To Guineapigs: I'm on antibiotics too I hope that we dont get the dreaded thrush infection. I hope they are helping you feel better. I'm certainly feeling better from mine. The infections can make you feel a bit low too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register