Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 112 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-18-2007, 06:42 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi Bagpuss checking in. I'm feeling really tired today. I went out for a meal with some of the mums fron my sons school on Friday. Yesterday I slept for two hours in the afternoon. Today as it is Mothering Sunday I'm being taken out for a meal later so I might get some zzz before we go. My stomach feels tight so some pain relief is needed. Everyone sounds as if they are moving on in leaps and bounds. Today here in the UK it is very windy and cold and a bit showery. Snow is forecast for tomorrow and Tuesday. I dont think that we shall have such a big snowfall as we had on the day of my op. I'm not sure whether I'll be going back to work at the beginning of April. I might go back after Easter. If I get some help at work then maybe I'll go back sooner. I look foward to being released to drive and swim and to play in the playground. Hopefully that will happen after my six week check on Wednesday. Love and hugs to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2007, 08:04 AM

Good morning everyone. We are suppose to go out to eat today but I am not sure if that is going to happen since we had a little more snow last night and the roads may be kind of icy. For those of you who went out yesterday I hope everybody had a good time and that you are not in pain today.

I have a question for everyone. I was starting to feel better and since thursday night my belly has swelled up, which up to that point was not so bad and my incision (on the outside still looks good) coming from the inside is burning and pulling really bad. I have not heard too many people say this so has anybody had this and if so is this normal? I posted a thread on it but did not get that many responses so I am wondering if this is something that really isn't normal. I am so tired of feeling like my recovery is taking so long. I am already thinking about calling the dr about this even though I just feel like ignoring it and maybe it will go away.

Yesterday I made a cinnamon quick bread (Betty Crocker again) for the first time and everyone really loved it. I really don't bake that often except for holidays and when the kids need something for school activities. However, our school district has a new wellness policy so now the kids are not even allowed to bring in cupcakes to celebrate their birthdays except for my younger son's teacher who is not abiding by the policy. He sends out memos about bringing in only healthy snacks for parties and then tells the kids verbally they can bring in cookies or brownies or whatever.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Unread 03-18-2007, 08:14 AM

Poco: I have the swelling and pain that you describe but I have an infection. Are you you sure you dont have an infection at the moment? Mine is responding to antibiotics. My tummy is still very sore just above the scar line. Can almost smell the home baking. Makes me feel really hungry. Have a good day. We are going out at 4.00pm GMT. Have FUN.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2007, 08:25 AM

Bagpus45 - What kind of infection do you have if you don't mind me asking and did the dr do any tests on you to figure out that it was an infection? Thanks for responding and have fun today!
Unread 03-18-2007, 08:34 AM

She wasn't quite sure. I had my urine tested but no UTI present. She thought it was internal maybe a bruise and fluid had collected around that spot. The pain was quite localised on Thursday and my temperature was slightly raised. I am feeling better although I still have the pain. How are you?
Unread 03-18-2007, 08:38 AM

I still have the pain and burning so last night my dh and I said I will probably call the dr tomorrow. I have no fever but dh did see a little blue on one side of the incision but that had gotten better from friday to saturday. It is across my whole incision but my swelling did seem a little less yesterday. I was also wondering if because my stomach swelled up so much could that be causing the pulling and burning? I am also trying not to take the pain medicine. This is all so frustrating to me. I sound like a broken record but really thought I would be so much better by now.
Unread 03-18-2007, 08:59 AM

good morning everyone! Poco - I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. While I'm definitly not all the way there yet I have been testing myself with little things and am finding my strength and stamina are increasing. I hope your doctor is able to help you out.
Unread 03-18-2007, 09:32 AM

Wow, it sounds like a lot of us are not feeling to well today.
Poco~are you taking some ibuprofin, if not, maybe that will help with the swelling and at least help you to feel a little better. I am sorry you are feeling so crummy.
Singingmad~I am glad you are not worse this morning. Hopefully you can take it easy today though.
Alalbama~glad the fever broke. I hope it stays away. I have a grounded 16yo too. lol She is doing her spring break hw today.
Guine~I am sorry that you are so sore. I hope you are just sore and did not mess anything up. Get lots of rest today.
I hope all of you get some rest today and can feel better tomorrow.
Unread 03-18-2007, 09:47 AM

My MIL called a little while ago to see how I was feeling (amazing!) and to let me know I didn't have to come today, I could come NEXT weekend... I explained that both I and my DP were going to be away next weekend... Truthfully I think she does'nt look forward to seeing JUST me, but maybe I"m just being sensitive. Anyway, I"m going to blowdry my hair and then see if my car will move at all. Because regardless of what I do today I have to get myself to work tomorrow. I'd rather fight the snow in the afternoon than at 7:30 tomorrow morning, ya know? We've got temps in the 40's right now and a good wind blowing so the roads appear to be clear. If I don't drive north for lunch I'll be running out to the grocery store since I want to make some meatloaf today to have during the week. Will let you know how it goes.

Pocono - be careful if you are getting a bit bruisy looking near the incision. Mine is swollen above, and the doc told me that can happen if the internal stitches above and below the incision get aggravated because of muscle use, but bruising would lead me to believe something else might be going on... better to be safe than sorry (I should have listened to my OWN advice yesterday). Take care! It is slow going, that's for certain but I keep telling myself by June I WILL feel better!!!! And ready for a summer of hiking, kayaking, and hanging out with our friends!
Unread 03-18-2007, 11:55 AM

Thanks sisters for the advice. I had a lot of gas today and a bm which I was a little constipated yesterday. I stopped taking stool softener last week but the pain did not feel like gas. I am still swollen but not quite as bad and still pulling and burning but not as much. I am wondering if this has anything to do with a few days ago I kept feeling little pops on the inside but no pain or burning and was wondering if that had to do with internal stitches.
Sunlite91 - I was taking percocet or motrin and the motrin did not do anything and percocet helped a little.

Singingmad - I keep telling myself the same thing that by summer I will be better. I am really hoping for May since that is when both my sons birthdays are.

Hugs to everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register