Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 117 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Babcocks,
I was kind of miserable for a few days after the Drs on Wed..I just tried to get my brain in check all weekend. Having the "should go to work" guilt, I did go to Macy's on Sunday and Olive Garden (2 hrs out) and Didn't get anything at Macy's, have my eye on a purse but its still too $$$ for my checkbook, I'll bide my time!

I admire you for trying to get back to normal....but....OUCH I can't fathom riding, it just makes me shiver to imagine!! There is a post somewhere about that on here, I can barely read it lest do it! I am not a regular rider, so maybe thats why!!

Your weekend sounds like it was truly enjoyable and relaxing, good for you - you deserve it!

hundjm,
yesterday at the Olive garden I got alot of those quick bursts of NOT PLEASURABLE spasms in the vajaja, by the time you can say ouch they are gone, but I notice everytime I get them my upper lip sweats! I have no idea why.

Alabama REST, REST, REST, its all you can do and all you should do. Please let us know how you are.

Pocono I hope dh gets well soon, but don't run yourself into a guilt ridden jam, remember you still have WOUNDS to heal. Maybe you can sit together and drink tea and read??!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 09:32 AM

Flatfroggie,
I'm sorry and please don't bite my head off but I was laughing at your post today!!

I have found that when I kind of wave my hand (nicely) and say oh I'm getting better but lets talk about something else, how are you doing? the kids etc. you gotta do it fast or you could be like my girlfriend who had surgery for something else who kept interrupting the "concerned friends" and saying oh I don't want to talk about me, I'm going to put everything on a webpage as soon as its up I'll let you know! She really did it was great!

Glad to see your fighting it off today!!

ok gotta go throw another load of that "don't do the laundry honey, I'll do it over the weekend" wash in the dryer!
Unread 03-19-2007, 09:37 AM

Hi Bagpuss checking in . We have just had a mega snow/hail/ice shower but that is all it was and it's gone! I am still feeling very tired. My boss came for coffee and I have tidied up made macaroni cheese and had a nap and the day is almost 3/4 done. Went out for Mothers Day. The meal was very good . Feel very tired and stomach feels tight. I'll try to do a more detailed post tomorrow. I hope everyone is healing well. Love and hugs to all. No names mentioned but that means ALL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 09:39 AM

lmg420 you have the next 20+ years to work but just a few short weeks to heal so don't feel too guilty. It will come. On the in between you can see that we miss you when you don't post, so just know that you are valuable to us! (I did notice that you made up for lost time early this am. Glad your back.)
Unread 03-19-2007, 09:44 AM

flatfroggie, I'm sorry you are going through all that crap. I hear you on not wanting to discuss it. It seems like everyone has an opinion or a one liner. Like when my mother passed. People say the stupidest stuff! I did have a much better weekend. The stomach flu is out of our house...finally We just took it easy and I am starting to feel human again...yeah! Here is to a good week for everyone!
Unread 03-19-2007, 09:44 AM

Flatfroggie - So sorry you are having such a bad day. Feel better soon and I too thought your post was funny so please don't bite my head off either.
Unread 03-19-2007, 09:57 AM

Does anybody know how long this thread is open for? Does it last until people stop using it?
Unread 03-19-2007, 10:05 AM

Bagpuss45 Happy Mothers Day (one day late)and good night.

Flatfroggie, I live in a small town too. Last Friday while at a school function I had quite a few of those comments. I think my comment was "OMG everybody knows about that?! I'm so embarrased!" I know they meant well, but I just wanted to get on with life.

Bookah, glad the flu has left your building. Here's to a fabulous week.

Daisydimple and Peachy Pie, good luck with your appointments tomorrow and your hopeful return to work.

Singingmad, I'm so glad your neighbor was there to help. Doesn't it just figure something like that would happen on your first day back. Have a great rest of the day.
Unread 03-19-2007, 10:22 AM

Well, the cheese worked, sort of. I am fat, lazy, and too stuffed to bite anyone's head off, so~no worries, say what you like sisters.

Still angry though. I've had cheddar and colby so I guess I need to go back to the fridge for the pepperjack.

Oh yeah, and when I can't poop from all this cheese I am sure I will feel angry about that too.

Ornery Froggie
Unread 03-19-2007, 10:33 AM

Flatfroggie: Sounds like your hormones are going haywire! I know the feeling. We were babysitting for our granddaughters and my dh told me the 5-year-old said "Grandma's talking mean to me." Boy did I feel bad! Sometimes it feels like the worst case of PMS. The good news is, it eases up. Would you consider anti-depressants to ease you through this time? I have, and the have helped. (As long as your neighbors don't find out, of course!)
As far as the nosiness (is this a word?) goes, hold your head up and let people know when they are crossing a line. This is a very personal thing, and people aren't entitled to know all the details - only the ones you choose to tell them. Hang in there, you're a survivor!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register