Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 120 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

I've only got an hour and fifteen minutes left here in the office and I can tell you if I could, I'd be RUNNING to my car when I get out. Its only Monday but I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Glad others are able to do the half day thing. I KNOW it helped me.

Good news though. My inlaws have asked us to the annual dinner down in CT (a 3 hour drive if not more) and my DP has informed me that we're just going to have a quiet weekend at home rather than running around and trying to please family. YAY!!!!! It seems like forever since we've had some down time without me recuperating and our house to ourselves without my mother hanging around. Cause if all goes well she'll be packed off to stay with my sister in Buffalo. And we can just relax and enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 02:37 PM

I have a lot to say but don't remember exactly who said what.

Bagpuss45 - Absolutely hold your head up. You have nothing to feel bad about. Don't even think that - you needed a hysterectomy and you did it. I am not a violent person but anyone who makes you feel bad should get smacked in the head.

To everyone else who has nosey people bothering them. Start telling them the gory details of the surgery and all your symptoms afterwards and they will never ask you anything again. As I said to the woman who posted about people thinking she is a drug addict - she should embarrass them by telling them she is really sick with anemia and will be going for a hysterectomy. The people will really quickly shut their mouths. I am sorry if I seem angry but I really don't like when people are nosey and say things to people that make them feel bad. It is no one's business but our own how we feel and who we want to tell. I may feel this way because with my older sister being deaf I have seen her put through he-- when I was younger with people calling her names, (she is 7 years older than I am) hearing kids throwing rocks at her and even working in an office many many years ago where her nasty boss came over to her one day and told her he was going to put a phone on her desk. My parents are deceased now but back then we had to hold my father back from going into her office to beat the guy up. My parents once said people told them to put her in an institution and they quickly told them they were idiots. My sister is married and has a great life and has traveled all over the world. I always tell her she has used her deafness to her advantage. For example try being a kid having a fight with your big sister you are angry and screaming like a lunatic and she is standing there laughing because she can't hear a word I am saying. Very frustrating especially when your parents join in the laughter. I laugh about it now but not back then. Sorry to go on and on but it just really gets me when people are nosey or really say and do stupid things. As someone on here who just posted recently about losing a parent. A good one was someone came up to me and once said when they think they have problems they look at me and feel better. That is because I lost both my parents within two years in my twenties. I think that is the stupidest thing I have ever had someone say to me. I hope I am not giving too much information.

On another note I am also hoping they do not close the post. I don't think they would since we post so much but I am sure we could always ask them to keep it open. Has everyone noticed we seem to post more than any other week has?

On the couch - I am sorry your shopping did not go better. Both my kids need new jeans and I am hoping to go with them and dh this weekend. I still have to look for the items for my son's play and I found out the clothes were due today. I spoke to his drama club teacher last week and she did not tell me that. They do have someone that will make him the red vest he needs for the show so I can stop worrying about that. So I am going to ask a friend to take me sometime this week to the consignment shops and salvation army since once the show is over he will not need the clothes (especially since I have to rip them up so he looks like an orphan until he meets Daddy Warbucks. For those of you who do not know my 6th grader got the lead part in the show Annie but it will be called "Andy". We are really excited and I am hoping that in two weeks I will really be able to sit there almost pain free and enjoy the show.

For everyone else please feel good and if I have forgotten anything sorry. I am sure I have talked enough today.

Kappel - I think you said it. I think is was very weird that all that pain burning and pulling just went away for no reason. Do you think it was our incisions shrinking and everything starting to tighten back up?

Alabamateacher - I also do not sleep well at night and last night was one of the few times I did not get online. Sorry.

I am sorry for going on and on and understand if everyone skips this post. (LOL)
Unread 03-19-2007, 03:01 PM

pocono - your story of your sister reminds me of MY story. I had many physical problems and my parents were told to put me in a home and forget about me and not have any more children. Thankfully they didn't listen! But I DO remember my mother telling me (when I was very young and had had a particularly bad "poor me" day) that I should look at another girl in my class who was missing a leg! Just be glad I wasn't her! And I'd get so angry... cause all I could think of was all the mothers telling THEIR daughters who had other things to complain about, to look at ME and be glad they didn't have MY problems! Who wants to be the one others look at to feel better!??!!

We all get our crosses to bear, our curses to overcome, our ups and downs... and they are what they are. Rather than finding someone we can think of as worse off that us, I'd rather feel like we're all in the same boat and we all have good days and bad days. If I"m having a good day, or maybe just a not so bad day, if I can help someone else I DO!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 03:18 PM

pocono
your story made me laugh and cry. the insensitivity and stupidity of what those people said to you and your sister, is unreal. i'm sorry about all of it. you and your sister are just amazing and it must be so wonderful when you get together. i don't remember, is she far from you?
Unread 03-19-2007, 03:18 PM

Springmaid: that's a great attitude. We don't need to use someone else's misfortune to feel better about our own. Nobody's perfect. I used to spend so much effort trying to hide my flaws (more internal than external, but who cares!). It came back to bite me when I transferred to the ER from the floor (I'm a nurse) and totally bombed! I eventually transferred, but it taught me a great lesson. You hold your own self-esteem in the palm of your hand. It's not what others think of you (good, bad or indifferent) but instead what you think of yourself, and the more you value yourself the more value you will be able to see in others.
Unread 03-19-2007, 03:21 PM

Singingmad - I agree and I am so sorry you have had to go through stuff like this. I do think sometimes what we go through makes us better people. I agree that we should not look at other people's problems to make ourselves feel better but not everyone thinks that way. I also believe when you can help someone you should. Have a great evening!
Unread 03-19-2007, 03:31 PM

pocono
I think we are healing every moment of every day and when we go to bed there are several where we healing and are unaware of that. While we are awake it's hard to discern change but when you wake up maybe 6 or 7 hours later there's a noticeable difference.
Unread 03-19-2007, 03:31 PM

On the Couch - She lives in NY so whenever we go down we try to see her. She was going to come up and stay with me for a week after the surgery but I told her I was ok. Her dh wasn't feeling so great. Believe it or not we still fight sometimes and she will still laugh at me because I will still forget and start to yell. Even my sons have turned around and told me "mom she can't hear you". I don't see her as much as I would like but with e-mail and technology I actually can sit on the phone with her and talk as if I was talking to you and a translater will sign to her via her tv and tell me what she says so that is pretty cool. Back when my mom was alive they used to have something called a tty and my mom and her would spend hours typing to each other. I think sometimes we don't realize how much technology has made a difference in our lives. My kids laugh when I tell them we did not have computers (when we typed reports we had to use whiteout to fix mistakes and actually re-write our final copies after writing the draft) and did not have video games, etc. There eyes get so big like life was so terrible for us. LOL
Unread 03-19-2007, 04:32 PM

K guys, have you looked at girlsgetgoing.com? I'm thinking we could take our whole group and transfer to that site after we have all returned to our normal activities. If you'd like I can go and figure out how to start a thread that we can all join in on.

babs
Unread 03-19-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyteam
Hi Jujubear,
Sorry that you're having flashes and sleeplessness. I can only imagine that it's related to the hormone changes. Did you have ovaries removed too? Seems to me that your doc needs to make some adjustments. Have you tried chamomile tea to help you sleep?? I am not having either of your issues, but it may be due to my ovaries still being there. I pray that you get some resolve soon and remember you can always talk to your doc before your scheduled appt. I wouldn't wait if I were you. Take care and I'll pray for Jujubear!
Thank you Joyteam, I will try the chamomile tea to see if that helps me sleep. I did speak w/my dr the day that I had my staples removed, but he still wants to wait till my 6 week appt. I had both ovaries removed. I had to visit my general practice dr today, had an asthma attack, now I am on predisone and from all the coughing, my belly is really swelled and extremely sore......having to wear the old lady pads, because with my bladder still healing, everytime I cough I pee.........was hoping this would go away. As soon as the coughing does, hopefully it will.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register