Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 124 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

I had my 2nd post op almost two weeks ago and wish I'd waited a bit longer cause I would have had more questions. My doc was rushed too, but I KNOW he would have hung out if I'd wanted to chat a bit. I'd just ask about the use of painkillers, about when he/she feels its safe for playground activity, and basically ANYTHING that you worry about at the end of the day. You can always call back later to ask other questions as they come up, but for me there's nothing like the face to face connection. One thing I forgot to ask about but may call about is the hormone question. I had both ovaries left in but back then was still having hot flashes. I wanted to check to see, assuming they kick back in fully, am I still going to be on the low side? Should I watch for specific symptoms to know if I"m going to have trouble. I'm planning on scheduling my regular annual checkup in a few months so will give myself til then to see how things go but having your doc's opinion now might be comforting.

My internal was a bit painful during but really didn't seem to bother me much afterwards. So don't worry TOO much about it. My doctor told me all his patients get the heebie geebies about it but that it wouldn't hurt... I told him as he was doing it... "well, this DOES hurt! But not horribly". He tried to be more careful after that comment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 11:10 AM
School: Kids on Hysterectomy Break

My kids just are ending their 6 week hysterectomy break.
Mini summer. I homeschool. Which has been great!!!
They did a little throughout the recovery. I'm logging my hours and will have an estra month and a half into the summer but it's been great to not have the burden on the family.
My son was very disorganized up until 6 months ago... about when he was turning 14. Try giving him encouragements.
My kids get their lessons done during the week they get computer time.
If they don't they have school on weekends. My Jake would be doing his school lessons Thursday night until misdnight... now he gets up goes to the binder and starts going. He looks for things to count as school... For instance he was watching the travel station and they were eating weird things from other countries. He says this should count as culture... Do a report on it and I'll count it. Now ordinarily no way... but he HATES to write so extra practice ... whatever it takes.
He will still do the actual school work but it helps.
Unread 03-20-2007, 11:40 AM

my son, in 6th grade has always been an honor roll student, but his progress report last week did not reflect that. one of his teachers even called to see what was going on. i told her maybe it had to do with my surgery and recovery? but he said the teacher is stupid and the work is stupid and he is just not doing it. of course i told him he has to do it no matter what his opinion is. i have been grounding him, not letting him go to friends houses until i see an improvement. i really hope it helps. i agree this age is a big turning point for all of them, and i fear he is doing this to go along with the crowd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Teens Not Parents...

I like shock discipline... Never know what will happen. Worked great for my pre teens on #3 and 2 more to go.

What about..
If you don't turn in your homework... guess who will surprise you at lunch.. My baby will get to share his friends with his mommy. I'd love to get to know all your friends over lunch. Bet they haven't heard the story about... Hmmm might have a few pics.

or...
Tell him remember when you were little and learning how to do things mom was there to show you well...
since you need to relearn how to do things. I'm going to go to school with you and help you do your homework and turn it in for you.

Enroll him into a Learning place like Sullivan on weekends... He will lose his friends and require "tutoring" until his grades go back up.The earlier the better. A week or two should be all it takes.

My son was in public school a few years ago for a semester. We just moved here and needed to get the laws etc oked to Homeschool. He pulled a stunk of not turning in his homework on a group project. Told the teacher don't cut the other kids in the group but give my Jake a ZERO. HE EARNED IT!!!!

My kids never know what to expect and have way less issues than the other ones. They are not perfect but I get their attention faster. They don't think.. is this worth being grounded? They don't want to find out if its worth what my husband and I conjur up.
Unread 03-20-2007, 12:26 PM

AngiDawn - I like your style! here in MN they are talking about a new syndrome in children - DDD - discipline deficit disorder - when my kids saw the article and heard it on the news they commented on "Is that like the vitamin NO you used to give us all the time ?" They are 16&19 now. I wish I had the ability to homeschool my dd -
Reb
Unread 03-20-2007, 01:33 PM

Pocono,
I absolutely love your responses about donating eggs and worrying about the uterus growing back. I may have to steal the uterus joke. I agree with you about feeling so good that it makes it easy to have a little joke now and then. White pants!! Yeahhhhh!!! Take care!
Unread 03-20-2007, 01:38 PM

Sorry Pocono I meant to send this message to Alabamateacher,
I absolutely love your responses about donating eggs and worrying about the uterus growing back. I may have to steal the uterus joke. I agree with you about feeling so good that it makes it easy to have a little joke now and then. White pants!! Yeahhhhh!!! Take care!
Unread 03-20-2007, 01:49 PM

Sisters,
This is a copy of the message that I received back from Catherine at the histersisters.com website. Let me know how you would like to proceed to insure that we can stay in touch.

Start a thread in the Friends Without Faces forum at Hystersisters for
your chatter. Here's the link to FWF...

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Or

You could think of a name for your group and Kathy could start a club
for you over at our Hystersisters Clubhouse:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=204

Let me know what you want to do. In any case, please keep the
recovery thread for recovery updates only.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Catherine
Help Desk

babs
Unread 03-20-2007, 02:14 PM

Wow! If we kept this to recovery information only it'd be kind of a stripped string of comments, huh? I would think just a single thread might work for us to stay in touch... but did she say how long our group will stay active? Is she going to shut us down? The bulk of our m messages are recovery related at this point, don't you think? Talk about children, etc. is kind of discussion about getting back to normal. I guess I'm thinking we can personally email each other if we want. But I'd hate to have them go to the trouble of setting up a club (maybe it's not trouble...) and then we don't really use it. I'm gonna check those two links and see what they're like.
Unread 03-20-2007, 02:17 PM

Well my 6 week check up went good.I did not get a exam at all,I asked him if I could go back to doing whatever I want and, he said yes. I go back in 3 months for a yearly check up. I only had a few ? about my HRTS and the pain I get.
singingmad: The pain I told you about befor is gas and it will go away soon. Well good luck to all of you going to your 6 week check up this week. Mine was fine hope yours is to bye sisters.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register