Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 127 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-21-2007, 04:37 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hey flatfroggie, I took wellbutrin for 5 years... towards the end I had to add a teeny bit of prozac (5 mg to be exact). My gyn doc thought the amount was a typo because it was such a small amount but it definitely helped. Sometimes when our bodies go through hormonal changes it throws off other chemical balances. You may need a dose tweaking or to add something else for a bit. I'd been getting treated for severe depression at the time and my periods being totally out of sync and the hormonal swings just caused me misery. Talk to your doc and see what they think! I found that lots of people take wellbutrin, for a number of reasons... and some can't take the generic brand cause it just does'nt work for them, especially if you're on the time released kind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 04:50 AM

Good Morning all! Well I have made a decision, I am tired of worrying, the playground is closed until April 10th - that will be 8 weeks from the date of surgery I should be healed by then? I have read so many posts of women having bleeding, pain, rips, tears, having to get cauterized etc., I know when I went Wed the Dr said "wait a couple more weeks I still see alot of stitches". I realize alot of people heal faster than others but wouldn't it be better to be safe then sorry? You would think that Drs would use that as a guideline, I see alot of sisters suffering needlessly....who needs sex? OK SOMEONE VALIDATE ME! I SEEM TO HAVE AN AVERSION TO SEX NOW! TO ME IT IS THE SINGLE MOST SCARIEST THING SINCE VAGINAL PACKING!!

I guess I am lucky to have the support of my dh who I think is equally scared, although it doesn't stop him from trying or pestering me!!
Unread 03-21-2007, 04:53 AM

Thankyou Happy Now I'm really nervous about my post op today. I am also on anti depressants and have been for a considerable period of time. I think that they have helped in my recovery from my hyst. I am sure I would have gone under without them. Most of the time it is rather like a patient on insulin. I know that they keep me alive most of the time I'm hardly aware that I'm taking them. I do have to go for regular blood tests for the lithium. I was expecting the prothiaden to be upped during my recovery but this hasn't been necessary. Sorry if the drug names are not familiar. I had to look up Wellbutin. We know it as Effexor I think. Prothiden is an older anti depressant but it works for me. I have had problems with Seroxat in the past. Bagpuss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 05:02 AM

To Img420: It must be really frustrating for you and dh being unable to have sex. Did the docs say that even swinging on the swings a little bit was banned? I think that the risks of damaging yourself are too great at this time but I know that when we are told that we can't have something we want it all the more. It might be an idea to clarify what sort of touching is allowed and what isn't and what you feel happy doing with dh without getting you both into too much of a lather! Hope that makes sense without being too graphic. Hugs and continue to heal well. Bagpuss
Unread 03-21-2007, 05:11 AM

Bagpuss: I will be here waiting for your report when you get home! Good or bad I am here for you!

Thank you so much for checking into those sites I think the hystersisters club is probably the better, since we are all familiar with it already. I guess now your our Hystersister Mom!

Don't stress over the appt, you have handled and perserved through so much already, you are a very strong person and we will be here for you!! You can do it!!
Unread 03-21-2007, 06:00 AM

Good morning everyone. I am very tired from my outing yesterday and in a little bit more pain than yesterday but still feel good about my outing.

Bagpuss45 - Good luck with your appointment today. I am sure everything will be fine. I am also leaning towards staying with the hystersisters club but will do what ever everybody else wants to do. Also thank you for doing the research.

Everyone have a great day today!
Unread 03-21-2007, 06:30 AM

Good Morning
Since we are still recovering from hysterectomies our discussions belong on this thread so that our pre-op sisters and others can look forward to what they are in for. (At least I think that is what Catherine was trying to tell us.) My goal is to find a place to take our discussions when it is no longer pertinent to just hysterectomy as we have all become very close and seem to enjoy the diversity. I know I would miss you guys.

With that in mind, it seems to be the consensus to ask for a club. Now we need a name. 207 Alumni? Hollow but beautiful? Let me know when you guys are ready to make that conversion. Catherine has been very gracious in helping us out.

PS....Please, we need a name for the club that we all agree on.
Unread 03-21-2007, 06:44 AM

In case we are looking for another option to stay in touch, my daughters friend created his own web site, and instead of going to "my space" or something public they just go to there own personal site. I like it for the kids because you don't get any intruders. Another positive about our own site is no censoring, because I think we are all mature enough not to be cruel, yet grown up enough to chose our own words. Just a thought. We also, would still need a name,and could still use this site for all it's other bonuses

Pocono, did you get everything you need for the play. Sounds like you were successful. I know the feeling you had in your abdomen. I had the same thing on Sunday when I was out shopping. Feel better today. How is your son?
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:00 AM

Good Morning everyone. I am hoping we all are feeling a little better than yesterday. Each day we are closer to feeling normal, right? It's hard to believe it's been 6 weeks already and my app. is tomorrow at 1:15. I too am nervous as to what she will tell me and how much the exam will hurt. Oh well it probably won't I'm just a worrier anyway. Going into this surgery I was told I had endometrial cancer but I felt physically fine going in and coming out a total opposite and I know they said they got it all by taking EVERYTHING out and thats great news but it's still overwhelming to me and wonder if cancer will come back somewhere else .Sorry I don't mean to be a downer. I will post my experience tomorrow after my app. I hope today is a good day for everyone and I wish you all the joy you can wish.
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:03 AM

lmg420 I hear you on just putting a deadline on it all and trying to stick with it... when I had my second post op at the 4 1/2 week mark the doc told me there were still quite a few stitches in there... "few more weeks" was basically all he said. But that BEING said, if you don't go guys don't go IN the playground but hang around the fence for a bit (now THERE's an interesting visual) maybe you can at least test the waters on how you feel? If you're worried about your own responses I mean.

I'm in a totally different situation than most of you since my DP is a "DP" and not a DH.... she went through the same thing herself three years ago and totally understands, and I'm guessing is quite a bit different than how guys feel about it all. Sounds like your DH is very supportive and maybe his pestering you is his way to show you he still is interested... still finds you attractive. Probably doesn't want to PUSH but certainly wants you to know if YOU'RE game, so is he!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register