Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 129 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Whatever you guys want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 11:37 AM

We don't have to VOTE to stay here, cause obviously this thread will continue til we stop writing on it, but I think setting up a club on the clubhouse so we can move there for further socialization (and support stuff can still be here if we want) is a great idea and I vote for a club name like Fab Febs 2007, or Early Feb Gals 2007 (just so we'll know where to look!) cause otherwise we might not be able to find ourselves!
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:39 AM

Hi, everyone. Happy first day of Spring!

This is my last day of "freedom". Tomorrow is my first day back to work and also my first post-op appt. I'm pretty stressed about going back to work. My tummy is still swollen quite a bit and I don't have many clothes to accomodate it. I've tried finding something on a couple of shopping trips but so far have only gotten one pair of black slacks and a pair of shoes. It seems like the style of shirt that is popular is so fitted.

IMG420, thanks for writing to our hostess. I would like to stay on this board for a while longer because it's easy to jump back to the other post op threads. We're only about 6 weeks out and will probably still want post-op support for a little longer. When we're ready to move I'd like to stay on this site (doesn't matter where) but will go with the majority. In order to include everyone perhaps we could be Feb512 (for hysters feb.5-12).

Okay, now I need to address something that has me confused. Singingmad, didn't you used to be Singingmaid? Have I been hallucinating for 6 weeks or did you change it?

Good luck to everyone who is having a post-op today. I'll let you know how mine goes after tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 11:49 AM

Thank You Poconowoman for your well wishes! I'm holdong good thoughts for all who see their Dr. today. I'm so glad I found this site. You Sisters are an oasis to me, encouraging me tp go on.We are all essiential to our well being. My vote is to stay for now. Knappel where are you? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well with you!!
Unread 03-21-2007, 01:13 PM

Hello everyone! Just wanted to check in and tell everyone that I feel great physically but emotionally, I'm a mess. I keep seeing all these pregnant women and little kids and I just feel sad. I've had 2 kids and I don't want anymore, but I just feel like I'm too young to be having these feelings!?! My surgery was the best thing I've done for myself in a long time and I made the right decision, but I can't help but feel empty. I hope I'm not upsetting anyone talking about kids, but my DH doesn't understand and my mom tells me to "get over it". Does anyone else have these feelings? How do you deal with it? Elizabeth

Alabamateacher~Thanks for the insight on schoolwork from your perspective. My DH and I are trying to get a handle on the whole 11 yr old and immature aspect of our 6th grader. Hopefully, I won't get too many more gray hairs this year!
Unread 03-21-2007, 01:40 PM
ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmg420
My Vote:

Hysters Clubhouse (May 1st, 2007)

Name: Fab Febs 2007

I say ditto to that! Sounds good to me!
Unread 03-21-2007, 01:41 PM

catnapper and others who had their 6 week today
CONGRATULATIONS on your new bill of health! My HgB was at 12 today!!! Now I only have to take a megavitamin every morning! Forgot to tell doc about the hot flashes, but I wanted to try the herbal route anyway. If anybody knows their herbs, please advise. Best news of all is in my absence I was promoted and will start that on Monday when I return to work. I can't wait to get back. I still have some stiches so doc said no playground for 2 more weeks, but am healed enough to go green light on all other activities sensibly. Totally nixxed horseback riding for another 4 weeks. (Blast!) No more doc for 6 months.
Unread 03-21-2007, 01:53 PM

rodswife
My sister who birthed three kids said that when each child was around 2 years old she would get a very strong urge to have another baby. On her third one she decided to wait six months and if she still wanted another one she would have one. Well, she said the urge went away--now the bum is 56, her youngest is 18 and started college this year and she and husband are having the time of their lives
Sometimes I must admit I envy the woman. My boys are almost 20, 18 and 15 and Catherine is 4 1/2. There have been times that I have gotten an incredible desire to go back to China and I really think it's what I want to do. Then, I'm around my great-nephew and niece and I realize I'm too danged tired to raise any more babies!! I'll even think, gosh I'm glad we didn't go back. (I'm 40 and I teach school)

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is I think it is very normal to feel the way you do, but it doesn't mean that somehow you were supposed to get pregnant again or adopt or anything...or not supposed to either. It's just a feeling. Oddly enough I said to my husband last night, you know, I'm really okay with this hysterectomy but every now and then I get this thought about not being able to get pregnant and it's a little sad. He being wise and all said, "hmmm..." (He knew I'd knock his block if he told me to get over it!!)

What would be abnormal would be for you to feel nothing--this is a big deal whether or not you have had children or not.
Unread 03-21-2007, 02:22 PM

Pocono: It happens every musical, the star looses their voice. (Lemon juice!) Poor guy. I think that's fantastic they renamed the musical Andy. I know what you mean about the shopping and falling into bed for a nap. I was out all day Sat. with my dd and was exhausted by the end of the night. Congrats on feeling well enough to go, however! Here's hoping your next two weeks just find you feeling more like your new self.

FF1962: 2 Oh 7 (not 007)(aka Feb. '07) that's rich! I'm a BIG Bond fan. Thank you for your suggestion. I think I've also seen Fab Febs mentioned, and Feb512 to narrow the field a little bit. Those are all great names!

Happy Now: Being on restriction like that stinks Glad you found a way to entertain yourself. While you looking I could use a new pair of sneakers!? Size 8, navy blue?

Bagpus45: Hope you're feeling a little better. Didn't you also have a doc's apt. today? If so, how did it go?

Rodswife: I'm so sorry you're having a hard time right now. You come here and cry on our shoulders anytime. I keep all of my h.sisters in my prayers, but I'll say a little extra one for you today.

Billswife: Glad to hear from you always. Hope you are having a great week.

Kappel: So true about dealing with the fact of no more babies. I couldn't have any more after my last was born and had to deal with all of those emotions then. (I love kids) In a way a blessing because it spared me those emotions during hysterectomy. That was very painful at the time however.

Jlawn: Sorry you missed your apt. I've done that before. The busier I get the more I forget. Actually sometimes I'm not that busy and I forget anyway!

onthecouch: The website is a good idea. If all choose to pursue that I would be happy to build it. Right now I think everyone is in favor of the club as they are familiar with this site and blogging. Less work for us and more work for poor Catherine and Kathy.

Img420: Everything seems to be looking up for you. You and I are in the same boat as far as the playground is concerned. Dh was a little disappointed, but it will make it that much more special when the time comes.

Singingmad, hundjm, and princess 48: I will get with you guys later tonight as I have another doc apt. with the heart doc. Gotta run.

babs
Unread 03-21-2007, 02:24 PM

Hi everyone. Just got back from taking my youngest to the dr and he has strep again. I can't believe it. My kids have never had strep before and now the 2nd time.

Singingmad - Thanks for the tips. I will have dh pick up gatarade for him and check out the health food store this weekend because he is upset and feels he can't sing with the scratchy throat.

For those of us who have been taking a long time to heal - going out two days in a row is not a good idea. I just got home a few minutes ago and have been out for a total of 3 hours and I am in a lot of pain today. More so than yesterday or the beginning of the week. I almost feel like if it does not ease up I will be taking a pain pill.

Rodswife - It is normal for us to feel sad about not being able to get pregnant. Even knowing that I still sometimes get sad but I try to remember I was lucky enough to have two beautiful children and even though very young think about the possibility of grandchildren in the future. I hope you feel better soon.

I also vote for hysters clubhouse and fab febs 2007.

R

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register