Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 132 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

rn55-

Glad to hear the Dr. had a treatment plan for you. Are you feeling better now? I hope that everything starts to get better now. And you know, who can blame your bladder? It did have quite an experience.

Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 08:25 PM

Alabamateacher, I love reading your posts, tomorrow is my first day back at work, and I am praying that I don't find everyone but me has gotten stupid........

I am so glad that we can post our moods and such.......it helps and I feel your pain, but just the way that you express them, it makes me laugh......I hope that doesn't make you angry........but, it is great....

I hope that the lexapro works. I was given full playground rights too........but told dh he had to wait till Saturday. I would be to exhausted from work, and after internal today....was a little sore there. I want to have fun too.......

Hope tomorrow is better for you and it is almost the weekend, rest your throat then, have a brandy with some honey and lemon before school tomorrow and in your coffee cup at your desk and hopefully it will calm the day, and the students will become genuises (misspelled) I hope you know I am joking, but it might help before bed time.

Judy
Unread 03-21-2007, 09:58 PM

Jujubear-

Thanks,

I have some chocolates that contain Bailey's I might have to keep one or two in the bottom of my purse.

Well, Dr. was wrong!!! I am not exactly sure what "It looks perfect, you are free to pursue whatever activities you want" means, but let me tell you it should not be interpretted as go home and have a great time on the playground, because that was one hard fall of the monkey bars!

I took some advil and hope to fall asleep here soon. Hubby feels bad and said that he thought it was too soon, but didn't want to argue with me or the doctor. So he caved to the pressure

My advice, and someone else here said it first...I forgot to do it, take advil 30 mins prior to :bedjump: Right now he is and I am hmmm. I had imagined What was I thinking? Also, waiting for the weekend is probably a very good idea.

Have a great night,

Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2007, 10:09 PM

Alabamateacher - Everyone is entitled to have their moods. That is what we are here for to support each other whether we are having good or bad days or in good moods or bad moods. I am glad your dr appt went well and hope the medication he gave you helps. I am sorry your playground experience did not go so well. I don't go for another check up until Monday so won't know till then if I get the go ahead. But I know my dh no matter what will wait a little longer just to make sure everything is ok especially since I am still having so much abdominal pain. He has a lot of patience especially since with my 2nd child I was on bedrest for 5 1/2 months and that meant no playing at the playground. I hope you get some sleep tonight and have a good day tomorrow. Try not to beat any of your students even if you may feel like it. Mine is doing a lot better with handing things in and he had three tests today which he thinks he did well on so we will see.
Have a good night and a great day tomorrow!
Unread 03-21-2007, 10:13 PM

rn55 - hope your treatment helps
Alabama - I am going to take your advice to heart for tomorrow. I'm not expecting a lot of fun since I think now have a little infection on my incision the good news of the day is dd passed her driver's exam: - other than that so far I feel pretty good - energy is coming back
Hope all have a good night's rest
Reb
Unread 03-22-2007, 03:54 AM

Hi there Bagpuss checking in. I'm sorry that I was unable to post yesterday but dh was working at home and although he has his laptop needed main computer too which I use. My post op appointment went very well. I had a pelvic exam but not not an internal and he was very very gentle. We discussed my pmt symptoms and he said I could be prescribed oestrogen if I wanted it to level out the mood swings a little. I am released for playground duties ha ha and also swimming pilates and driving. However drove to the pub for lunch and I hit the curb so need some more practice! He also told me to ease myself back into my activities gently ie work and my singing. I am still puzzled by the findings of my pathology. He told me that they had found two fibroids but no adenomyosis but that did not rule it out it might not have been present in that part of the uterus that was being examined. I asked about the adhesions but he did not really give an explaination as to why I had them in the first place. He said that my cervix was tightly fixed in my pelvic cavity and that could have been due to my really strong pelvic muscles. It would made sense as before my op I did a lot of singing, swimming and pilates so I exercised my pelvic floor and abdominal muscles a lot. Or it could be due to adhesions or more likely a combination of both! He also said there might be some pinkish discharge when dh and I finally get to make love. In England we dont get another follow up with the gynae unless there are problems. I felt quite sad about seeing him for the last time. He also asked how I was feeling emotionally and I said that I was fine. I will post on aching hearts as I have had some wierd baby grieving loss dreams too. I am fine but it I'm still coming to terms with everything emotionally. I will go back to work for a few hours at the beginning of April. Thankyou Happynow for your kind wishes. Poco thankyou for your support. I hope you are feeling better today. Img420 thankyou. Billswife I hope you are feeling better today and I hope your appt goes well. Kappel, Singingmad, Rodswife, Megapixel I hope you are all feeling better. If I have missed anybody out love and hugs to all. Bagpuss.
Unread 03-22-2007, 05:12 AM

Good morning everyone!

Bagpus, So glad to hear your appt went well. When I asked my dr about adhesions (I had 2 c=sections and gall bladder surgery previously)he said that everyone gets them but that some people have problems caused by the adhesions and others don't. I am sorry you are having dreams about babies. Even with my age and knowing I would not have been able to have another one I still wish I could have had one more child. Last time I had tried I had a miscarriage which they said was probably due to the fibroids (and that was years ago).

I personally am totally exhausted today and still having some pain so will rest until I have to take my son to his drama club and then come right back home.

I hope everyone has a great day today!
Unread 03-22-2007, 05:13 AM

Hi Bagpuss
My Gynae showed me on my scans pre-op what he told me was definitely adenomyosis. i was a bit puzzled at the time because I was told it could only be diagnosed by lab test (but of course did not feel I could say that to him - it is only recently I have got bold!). And I did not have the pain, just debillitating symptoms of the fibroids. Anyway, when my path report came back post-op he said there was no adenomyosis. He has not mentioned it since (not surprisingly).
It had no bearing on my decision to have the op as I couldn't go on with the symptoms, but still....
Just thought i would share. Wishing you continued good healing.
MP.
PS Sorry joyteam, thanks for thyroid advice. I had the blood test - results in next couple of days. I had a test in November and everything normal, so not sure why I need another one...! Better safe than sorry.
Unread 03-22-2007, 05:14 AM

Good morning. My son was at a hockey game with his co-workers, my Dd was working, my Dh was lying in bed with me.The next thing I know it's 6 am the next day. I never heard either one of them come home. To me that is scary. It is just like last week when I had those injections, when I get sound sleep for a night.My butt still hurts, I am so sad I feel like this still. My dr said I was a difficult case surgically and now post op too. I am happy for those getting the go ahead to move on.Monday will be 7 weeks po for me, and I still have all these issues.I am going to try for my morning nap. I am sure I'll chat later.
I hope everyone enjoys their day, those that are working two thumbs up to you, yeah,those cleared to "play" yeah for you too.
Keep smiling
Jayne
Unread 03-22-2007, 05:58 AM

Gineapigs38 - I am so sorry you are not feeling well. My post op is taking a long time too and I am sure you know from reading the posts after going out 2 days in a row I am exhausted and in pain. I am also feeling frustrated that it is taking so long to get better. My dh reminds me that I am better than I was but I think I should have been able to go get my son from school yesterday, go to the dr, get his prescription filled and come back home without being exhausted and in pain. I guess I was lucky yesterday because anyone I ran into could tell I was in pain and all were very understanding but I myself am getting tired of it. This is the first time one of ds was in something and I could not help at all. I had signed up for two comittees and thought by now I would be able to help. I can't and feel bad about it. I know my son understands but it is still frustrating. Well, hopefully we will both be better soon and we will keep thinking positive thoughts and I keep saying by the summer every thing will be fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register