Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 134 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Pia - at least you rescheduled the 6 week rather than cancelling and NOT rescheduling. Let you doc know your concern about being "caught short" during the exam.... if it can get that extreme there is probably something they can do to help. It sounds like its not a happy situation at all. I haven't had a problem in that area since day 4 post op but I DO have a friend who had that problem for 8 full weeks after surgery! They finally gave her a prescrip for a kind of softener/laxative. But when she was being truthful she fessed up that she wasn't all that regular BEFORE the surgery... just her body's way.

Glad you had fun at the party! Even if it was short lived. Some party is always better than none in my book!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2007, 10:26 AM

singingmad- I couldnt have said it better myself! (some party is still a party...) it was fanatstic to be out in public around people!!! I felt soooo good, besides the whole pain thing. And it was also so nice to have the focus be on lil bro and not on me. I will talk to Dr. about this, it's causing some anxiety in me...and to be honest, I've never been regular at all, but this is extreme even for me! and what is this gas pain about? I thought that would be over!! I feel healed for the most part, and then gas pains come and I can tell things are still really tender in there. Oh well.

I had the weirdest dream the other night! I can't remember all the details, but- and yes feel free to laugh- basically, someone gave me britney spears' babies!! haha. can you believe that? I think it was her mom- and it was a WEIRD dream. I woke up actually looking for these boys! I'm sure its just my subconsious working out the not being able to carry children anymore/crap reality TV viewing/US and people magazine reading thing, but it was still weird. just thought I'd share.
Unread 03-22-2007, 10:30 AM

That's a cool thread babcocks. Maybe I'll try to use it as incentive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2007, 10:39 AM

OMG Pia, that is one for the dream record books!!! LOL Either that or a Saturday Night Live Skit! Hilarious!

One tip on the gas. My doc, from the minute I hit the recovery room after surgery, vetoed ALL ice and ice cold beverages. He told me that for some people that can trigger gas. I wasn't even allowed ice chips, and had to drink room temp water. He also had me taking gas-x for the first few days with every meal. And I have to say I had no problems with gas until the last week or so. I think the increased moving around, AND the fact that I've started to put ice in my drinks and eat a wider variety of foods has brought gas back into my life. BUT, if its a problem for you try cutting out ice and cold drinks... and maybe using gas-x. A little gas is a good and normal thing... but really painful gas is NOT good.
Unread 03-22-2007, 11:24 AM

To Pia glad that you're back. I have been weird baby dreams too but too weird for here. Glad you've retained your sense of humour.
Unread 03-22-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLWC1
by the way- i remember reading something about chantix? What is it? A wonder pill to help quit smoking? PLEASE tell me more!!!!!
Yes they are wonderful. They worked for me and it has been 4 months for me and, my Dh is on them now. It has been over a week for him and he is doing wonderful. Good luck if you are trying to quit.
Unread 03-22-2007, 12:13 PM

Good morning,
I just wanted to say congratulations to all of you who are playing in the playground again! Looking forward to it and so is the DH. I wanted to also say that if any of you are still constipated, try the new Dannon Activia yogurt, the Plumsmart Juice, and up the water some more. Also, the sooner you stop the prescription pain meds, the better your chances are of getting "regular." I wish all of you well as you begin the next phase which should be painfree and more enjoyable! To all the teachers including myself, let's just keep it in the backs of our minds that we are CALLED to the profession so seek God's help when the little ones become the beasts!! God Bless!
Unread 03-22-2007, 12:58 PM

MIGRAINE-MIGRAINE-MIGRAINE
Just checking in till I can respond better, having a bout with my head right now! PIA - WELCOME BACK

CHANTIX.COM it is not an antidepressant it just works, better than the patch. Most Drs have month sample packs call and get it - believe me I am a diehard and it is the best thing I ever did!

I really gotta go get rid of this pain -

to all......
Unread 03-22-2007, 01:00 PM

to bagpuss: glad your okay (okay is better than bad so smile)!! It will get better - IT HAS TO GET BETTER!
Unread 03-22-2007, 01:59 PM

Hi FF1962, thank you for the HUG. It made me smile.Today has been hard, but at least the sun is shining and it is a little bit warmer.I think I am becoming depressed. I know it is because my recovery is extremely slow.I have a great family, caring friends, all of you girls, and a helpful doctor.So I am grateful for all that.But between the injections, a stupid bladder, neuralgia, swelly belly, and the list goes on, I think I could use a vacation(sunny Florida sounds good right about now).We usually go to DisneyWorld around March or April, so this is hard, because I know I can't do anything fun.Well as always thank you for listening. I'll check back with you girls later.Bye
Jayne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register