Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 135 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

IMG420 - Hope your migraine goes away. I am lucky I have only had migraines twice in my life and it was terrible.

Gunieaspig38 - As I said this morning I understand somewhat how you are feeling. I don't have all your complications but the healing is so slow and even this week just trying to get out of the house my belly is unbelievably swollen and I am in a lot of pain. If you are getting depressed talk to your dr, maybe he can prescribe something. Just don't lose hope. I truly believe we will get better and maybe you can go to Disney in June. I am also ready for a vacation. I just need to get my family better. I can't believe they have all these colds, sinus infections, strep throat and so far I have not caught anything. I hope I am not jinxing myself.

Hugs to everyone!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2007, 03:51 PM

Hi Guys.
I had my 6 wk post op today, I have a prolapse, The doctor tried to tell me over the phone that it was pelvic inflammation. Well today he had to agree with me... male 's!!! He also treated me with silver nitrate, that wasn't so bad nor was the inernal examination, but now I have a real belly ache and have had to feeling sorry for myself. I thought this would be the end of surgery for me but hey, worse things happen.
I have been cleared to drive, but only short journeys, no lifting still, or pushing the shopping trolley.
I am to be referred to physio for some 'bio feedback', the physio is one of my best friends!!! how embarassing is that going to be? I work in the very department I am to be referred to, can't wait.
I have had no strange dreams like some of you girls, I was and have been delighted to get shut of my problems. My SIL warned me that she had these feelings of loss, but so far - touch wood - I've been OK.
's to all. Will be thinking of everyone.
Unread 03-22-2007, 04:48 PM

Prolapse at 6 weeks! I'm sorry things aren't going a little better for you. Although having the have to admit you were right all along must have been somewhat gratifying. (Sort of) I hope it all is cleared up in physio.

You are right, the internal wasn't too bad until a few hours later when the ibuprofen wore off. It did become a little sore yesterday evening but is fine today.

Img420 Here's hoping your migraine goes away and you are feeling better soon.

Guinea hang in there.
Pocono you too. Here's hoping your family well also.

babs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2007, 05:58 PM

Hi, girls. Gosh, I missed you today. It was my first day back at work. I tried to log on from work but couldn't remember my password so I just read a few of the messages as a guest. I'm feeling okay although I think I will have to take a little nap before I fix dinner.

So today was also my first post-op. Doc says everything looks good and I heal quickly. She still doesn't want me to lift anything over 10 lbs. (I forgot to ask for how long). Lawn mowing should be okay in a couple of weeks... just be careful and not do too much all at once. I still need to have yearly pap smears. She explained that swelly belly is the body's response to trauma and will get better over time. Drinking lots of water and doing sit-ups will help. And, last but not least, the "anchor" that I can feel at one end of my incision is a suture reaction. It is swollen because my body isn't happy with a foreign object. If the swelling doesn't go down in six weeks I'll need a lidocaine shot.

Bagpuss, my doc also thought I had adeno before the surgery but it wasn't noted on the path report. She said the same thing your doc did about the sampling of certain sections. I also had endo on one of the tubes and they didn't mention that. The doc is going to have path look at it again and give a more complete report.

Happy Now, I'm sorry to hear about the prolapse. Is the bio feedback supposed to help and, if so, how does it work?

Alabama, the next time you're in one of your moods would you please come up to Illinois and give some of my co-workers a piece of your mind for me.

To anyone I didn't mention, take care and feel better.
Unread 03-22-2007, 06:02 PM

I can't beleive the silver nitrate didn't hurt.........stung the heck out of me........and still stings a little today, just on the left side though.

I went back to work today.....8 hrs. after a 1 hr drive in the am.....so really it is a 10 hr day for me. At least my job is mostly mental, not very physical, but seemed to be in a fog all day....of course I spent 4 hrs catching up on all the emails, I work for an insurance company that handles the militaries insurance.......and they implement a lot of changes on us all the time. Hopefully will be better tomorrow.

Well, I am waiting till this weekend to open the playground for my dh, he said that is fine, he can wait, he doesn't want to hurt me. Plus, we have the house to ourselves this weekend, my ds's are going to visit their dad.

Well, I hope that you all get better......and Pia, the Dannon Activia, and fiber sure, with lots of extra water really helped for me......and I have never been regular either.

Take care all.........and hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day.
Unread 03-22-2007, 06:13 PM

I know this may sound like a stupid question- but what is a prolapse and what does it feel like? Is it when something kind of, for lack of a better word, falls out a bit? Through the cuff or cervix? and how do you know if you have it?
I'll get to the grocery store and get some activia tomorrow! yay! Thanks for the suggestions ladies!! I really do need to be drinking more water, too. I'll stock up.
Also- here's yet another thing to add to the "stupid things IPia has done during recovery" list- DH was mowing the back yard this evening and I was out there with the kids. i never mow the lawn, ever- but it looked like fun so I thought why not? I strolled over and booted him out and proceeded to mow the rest of the lawn. Keep in mind, DH got rid of the lawn service because he wanted to do it himself- and SOLD the riding lawnmower and bought a LITTLE RED PUSH lawnmower!haha
Winded me, and my shoulders hurt- but other than that I was fine. Key word- WAS!! haha. A few hours later and I'm regretting it. Oh well... tomorrow is another day!!
This weekend is supposed to be gorgeous!! high 80's and sunny. can't wait to go swimming!!!!
Unread 03-22-2007, 06:14 PM

Happy Now- Wow, what a bummer. At least your doctor won't blow you off anymore. I love when Dr. are shown the light from their patients. Sometimes we really do know what is going on with OUR bodies.

Catnapper- prepare a list, I'll kick butt and send you a bill later.

IMG- hope that migraine is gone by now.

Pocono- hope everyone there is feeling good.

Kappel- Are you still in mourning? There is always next year...
Unread 03-22-2007, 06:15 PM

Okay,

So the steriod shot to help my laryngitis has done nothing. Can I repeat that? NOTHING!

Today, for my classes I needed a sport whistle to get their attention. I would give three short lightbursts on the whistle and try to get their attention. They responded by talking louder. Then I let out a really shrill blow and they whined.

I can't believe that I still can't talk louder than a whisper. Hubby took me out to dinner again tonight and bought me a bouqet of tulips. He still feels bad about last night.

I am going to wrap this up for a while so I can get some ice cream before Grey's Anatomy.

Anyone have ideas for laryngitis? The mood swings today weren't nearly as annoying as no voice.

Barb
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Alabama Teacher,

The cure for laryngitis is voice rest,do not speak!!!!!!!!!!HaHa, i know this is so hard for everyone, but it does work. Get well soon, at least you have the summer break to get away from all the germs you students bring you.

Get Well,
Debbie
Unread 03-22-2007, 08:19 PM

Rn55-

Hmmmm, classes of up to 30 students, a husband, two sons, and a town full of people that can't drive? And I'm not allowed to talk? How am I supposed to stay sane? Forget it, I will have to tough it out until Saturday. There is no way I can not speak tomorrow. It would be too much of a treat for my students. Can't do it. Nope, it would ruin my reputation.

Barb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register