Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 136 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Theater treatment for laryngitis is a dab of Vick'sVaporub on the back of your tongue... but it'll only bring your voice back for a brief (hour or so) while. And I"m not recommending it because you'd REALLY be abusing yourself if you try, but in case of emergency (or contract requirements) it has been known to bring voices back in a pinch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2007, 09:59 PM

Wow - vicks on the back of the tounge - Singingmad I will have to file that away for future reference.

Img420 I hope you are feeling better!
I've had mirgranes for years so you have my best wishes

Guniea - hang in there -
I thought my 6 week check was today - oops! not till monday but I saw one of my MD's anyway - some type of irritation to my incision so now I am on more rest and antibiotics - no more driving either. Had to call my boss and let him know he won't be seeing me monday - he was very nice about it and hopes thing will go well - I'm wondering if this could still be from the reaction I got right after the surgery to the prep they put on the site. Hope everyone is having a good evening
Rest well
Reb
Unread 03-22-2007, 11:19 PM

Singingmad, that brings back memories of my days of directing a Catholic church choir. We always made sure we had a full jar of Vicks cough drops. They helped us get through many a croaky Sun. morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2007, 01:09 AM
Insomnia again

I have not had a good night's sleep since Saturday. I know that is a small part of why I am being so grouchy. Once again it is 1 A.M. and I am wide awake wondering if I am going to fall asleep during class in a few hours. Then, I realize how ridiculous that idea is since the noise in my room would never permit that to happen. If I sit down for just a few seconds it's as if I left the room for an hour.

I know I am rambling, but I'm tired- I just can't get my brain to shut off. Of course now it is too late to take anything to fall asleep since I am supposed to wake up in three and a half hours. Ugh!

Well at least the rest of you are resting well (I hope).

Barb
Unread 03-23-2007, 03:19 AM

Happy now - so sorry about the prolapse. I also would like to know exactly what this is.

Alabama - Sometimes tea with honey will help laryngitis. I am sorry to say I am up at 4 a.m. today. Hopefully you can catch up on your sleep this weekend.
Unread 03-23-2007, 04:16 AM

hi girls went to gym yesterday only did treadmill and bike but it felt good . i am a bit worried that my doc did not do a internal . the playground was opened and no problems there , i am a little sore around my back but i do have a back problem i have spinabifida occulta and i dont know if that is playing up i go tp a chiropractor but have not been for a long time and dont know if i should go back . i am thinking its to early since opp what to you all think thanks michelle
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:06 AM

Good morning all. I didn't have a very good night at all. Usually I sleep very well. I woke up feeling very hot but not burning and a little bit sweaty. I went to the loo and back to bed and laid on top of the bed until Ifelt better. Was it a hot flush? I'll have to wait and see. I am experiencing pmt ie tender breasts so maybe my hormones are kicking in again. I am going to go out soon to do a bit of driving but no swimming until next week. Tomorrow I will go and listen to the choir that I belong to as they have a concert. My tummy still feels tender so I'll know when I have done too much. I'm not going to worry too much about the diagnosis of adeno as far as I'm concerned I have had it and it has been removed. Also my IBS seems a lot better since my hyst. All in all feeling much better today. To Happynow: I hope that you are able to get your prolapse treated, to Daisydimple I hope that you get some relief from your back problems, to everyone I hope that you all have a happy and healthy day. Will post later today. Jane/alias Bagpuss
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:30 AM

Hi Guys,
For all those enquiring what a prolapse is. It is where the wall of the 'vajaja' has been pushed in by either the uterus, bowel, or bladder. You experience a bulge within the 'vajaja'. It is graded at different severeties. The worst one will need surgery to fix them, surgery has a 25% failure rate!
'Bio feedback' is an electrical stimulant that helps with the pelvic floor muscles. The therapist puts a probe type device into the 'vajaja' and connects you to the electricity supply via a machine! It contract the muscles for you. I guess it's like excercise with no effort. However, usually a sign of weak pelvic floor is incontinence, I don't have this. But bio feed back and kegals should hopefully help with the damage.
This is how it works in the physio department that I work.
Any more questions, please feel free to ask. Although I actually treat skin conditions, I do work closely with the other therapists, so if I don't know - I can get the answers from my colleagues.
It's my first proper day out today, I am off to lunch with a couple of girlfriends...wish me luck.
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:36 AM

Good morning, a huge thank you for all the well wishes, you girls are so sweet and most importantly very helpful, it means alot. Sorry to hear about those who are sick and for your sick families.My Dh has been the only one sick, my kids and I have missed it. My neuralgia is easing up.Everything else is still the same, especially my sore butt. Again I am planning on doing nothing today and trying on a morning nap. I hope everyone has a great day and I'll talk to you later.
Jayne
Unread 03-23-2007, 06:42 AM

For those of us starting back with driving, my doc told me to make sure I kept a pillow or a folded blanket between my stomach and the seatbelt. I have a small chair cushion I use and it definitely keeps from irritating the incision area. Just a thought. I'm thinking I'll need it for another week or so until that area stops being sensitive at the end of the day.

Madeline - Singingmad! (I figure our real names are coming out of the closet so I"d join in!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register