Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 139 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

I'm keeping my crown!!! To be honest, I kinda think I wore one BEFORE the trip to the castle. It might have been a bit tarnished and I lend it to friends as needed but still... once a princess, always a princess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2007, 09:41 AM

hundjm - definitly tell viv I said hi and I think she is the best nurse I have ever had...I made that girl work. If you see Korrie, tell her we bought my mom's house from my step-dad and we go on weekly "Cantina" runs. She'll know what I mean.

Singing - are you a career singer? I have a band but we mainly play for beer and charity. We only gig in the summer but it is a blast. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

IMG - I hope that headache goes away for good. I have lived with migraines since I was 16 and found when all else fails fill the tub, turn off the lights, and float. It works! If you still feel pain when you get out just lay down until it's gone.

Take care everyone.
Unread 03-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Thumbs up - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi ladies
I found this thanks to the link. Still a bit sore on the incision and hoping to enjoy the sunshine today - ANYONE ever decides they have to shop the Mall of America be sure to let me know - it's one of my favorites !
Reb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2007, 09:54 AM

Hi Ladies
The incision is still the "problem" now! I even think I feel a stich or a hair poking out of one end........Other than cabin fever I think I will enjoy the sunshine today Happy Friday everyone
Reb
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:07 AM

Hi Bookah. No, not a career singer currently, although in the past I've been a wedding singer, backup studio singer, a member of a touring company, National Anthem singer at local ballgames, and even appeared as a feature soloist at the US Pavilion at the World's Fair in Madrid. Right now I'm singing with a Sweet Adeline chorus (just started back with them after a 10 year break 3 weeks before my surgery) and enjoying the fun and comaraderie of it. Singing is great exercise, and wonderful way to meet people and has always been part of my life. I took 13 years of formal voice training and even did a British Tour of the musical Two by Two back in 1980... so I GUESS if career means I get paid no... if career means for life - yes!
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:12 AM

Reb, you may HAVE a stitch poking out. My doc told me there were stitches inside, both above AND below the incision and they would eventually dissolve and might even move around a bit through the healing process. Some will take up to a year to dissolve. If you can actually FEEL thread or something poking out, give them a call. My DP had that and she went in and they removed it fairly easily. Try putting a little cocoa butter on the incision area too if its not actually oozing or open. The discomfort might be from the healing process and the skin being tender. I found that the cocoa butter helped ALOT! Check with your doc's office first, but I got the okay and found almost immediate relief!!!
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:43 AM

I love the sweet adelines. I go out for karaoke every once in awhile. It's been awhile though!
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:45 AM

Hi I made it. I w had my 6 week post op check today and will post that in the other thread. Meanwhile back at the ranch.......

Wow all these musicians! I am a cellist. I play in a string quartet. we do lots of weddings, but some dinners and events also. I play inthe local symphony, and sing in church.
The weather here in MI is gorgeous today. I am loving it.
Hope you are all well and talk more later!
Chris
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:50 AM

I feel I owe 'Kathy Keeper of the Keys' an apology Sorry.
I have talked about my 'Prolapse' on this thread, but only because it's my hysterectomy that contributed to my having it. Therefore I thought that it was a part of my recovery and did belong here. Also the 'friends' I have made on this thread have been genuinely concerned about me.
I to will follow up on the alternative thread.

Love to everyone, see you all on the other side!!!
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:55 AM
6 week check

Hi,
I made it. Playground passed inspection, reporting for duty. I have a suture under my skin that is causing some pain and my bladder still hurts quite a bit but I am doing well. Dr says that is to be expected because my uterus was "welded" to my bladder. That sutute will be staying around for a while because it is done in a much slower dissolving material than the other sutures.
Path came back as expected. Surgery went as expected. I am feeling so much better but not 100% yet.

Still like my dr. Still glad I did the procedures.
ttfn
FF

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register