Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 145 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess48
I am getting alot of pain in my tummy and down there is this normal. Iam so on all of this pain.
Dear princess48,

Please start a new thread in Post Op with questions about your pain. This thread is for recovery updates only, not for questions relating to your hysterectomy.

If you start a new thread, you will have the benefit of responses from many members rather than the few who had their surgery the same week as yours.

I hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2007, 05:22 PM

It seems like you should have an internal at your 6 week check-up, otherwise how does the dr know whether or not the vaginal cuff is healing properly? I have granulations and had to have a silver nitrate treatment. Although maybe you don't need to worry about that if you still have your cervix.
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Well I made it here. I still don't have a voice and am not sure why. I appreciate all the suggestions. Vicks? Not a chance. Honey and tea, absolutely.

I have not had a good nights sleep since Saturday. How do you get your brain to turn off? It seems like I just can't get it to stop running mundane stuff through it. (Does this belong on this thread or the other?)

Also, and I know this is certainly not hysterectomy related, does anyone want a spare husband? Mine is starting to get on my nerves. The Lexapro had better kick in soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hello strangers..

Sorry I've been off the boards. My life is getting back to "normal" unfortunately and I am in the mad dash before I return to work.

My twins 4 yr old Birthday party is tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I stopped by the office today to drop off my "Return to Work" ppwk. I go back 4/4. It was nice seeing everyone and I felt very loved. It took me 2 1/2 hours to go around, say hi to everyone, explain how I was feeling, etc. I also did lunch with my best buddy at work. She has been a rock during this, calling me every day, keeping me in the loop about work.

But, I wouldn't have been able to get thru it without you all as well... my scattered rocks. No one else truly knows what we are going thru but us.

I finally had it out with my sister and vented towards her for 10 minutes about how unsupportive she has been. It started when she talked about how her admin was already back at work. When I questioned if she had to run around alot, she took this as me comparing jobs vs expressing concern (see- no one understands the kindred spirits of hyster sisters except those of us who have visited the castle). I told her how unsupportive she has been, and how she was supposed to be my support network and the person I depended on ( our mom passed away 3 years ago and she is my older sister by 4 1/2 years). I think I shocked her, because I actually hung up on her midsentance because I didn't have the energy for her, and she called back suprised. She is very negative towards me and I usually take it in stride to keep the peace. But, after 6 weeks of recovery and still being in more pain than I would like, I felt "empowered" to let it all out. It felt good.

So, I have a hectic weekend and week ahead. Besides the party tomorrow, me best friend and I are off to AC to belatedly celebrate our 40 birthdays (me last Nov and her in Jan). Next week will be spend doing a Spring purging of my kids drawers and buying and wrapping presents for the 5 birthday parties we have coming up. Next week, my family is coming over for the twins actually birthday.
Not to mention the Tricky Tray I have on Thursday pm.

After getting my hair done today, and the 2 1/2 hours visiting at work, I was wiped out and in pain.

I don't know how I am going to get back to real life again.

Wish me luck and the best of luck to all my sisters who are going back this week!!! :steer:

Big s

Lainie

ps- I ran out of Percoset this week and asked the nurse to see if my doctor would renew my prescription. He left a message saying I shouldn't need it at this point and extra strength tylenol or motrin should be enough. Never mind that I made 30 Percoset last 6 weeks, and that obviously I am not a drug addict. I left a mssg back saying I just needed it sometimes at night to get to sleep because the pain was so bad. He called in Tylenol 3 for me, but I could tell in the initial message that he was almost disappointed that I would ask for something more. Hmmm, I wonder how he felt after his TAH. I wonder how that incision across his belly feels. He and my sister should hang out. The nurse was much more pragmatic- she had told me that I am probably overdoing it if the pain is that bad at night. It was nice to have someone acknowledge the issue legitimately.
Unread 03-23-2007, 06:25 PM

Copy of my p.s. from new post:

I ran out of Percoset this week and asked the nurse to see if my doctor would renew my prescription. He left a message saying I shouldn't need it at this point and extra strength tylenol or motrin should be enough. Never mind that I made 30 Percoset last 6 weeks, and that obviously I am not a drug addict. I left a mssg back saying I just needed it sometimes at night to get to sleep because the pain was so bad. He called in Tylenol 3 for me, but I could tell in the initial message that he was almost disappointed that I would ask for something more. Hmmm, I wonder how he felt after his TAH. I wonder how that incision across his belly feels. He and my sister should hang out. The nurse was much more pragmatic- she had told me that I am probably overdoing it if the pain is that bad at night. It was nice to have someone acknowledge the issue legitimately.

By the way, I did get an internal at my 6 week checkup last Friday. He had to check my Vaginal Cuff. I had cramping afterwards. Lots of fun.

Hello to all,

Lainie
Unread 03-23-2007, 06:30 PM

Singingmad - I will tell my son that. It's a great pep talk.

Alabamateacher - It sounds like you need a break. Can you make the time to pamper yourself. A manicure? pedicure? facial? or massage? Something that will relax you and only for you. If not that lunch with a good friend.

Lainie - good to see you posting. I am so glad you said something to your sister. She needed to hear that. She sounds like no matter what you say she will still only see it her way. I have come across people like that before. Hope you don't mind me saying that. I am also almost out of percocet and have only taken 1 in the past week. I also think my dr on monday at my post op is not going to renew my prescription. Have a great time at your twins' birthday party tomorrow. I am sure it will be fun, hectic and tiring. If going back to work full time is too much is it possible to do part time even if only for a week or two to get used to it?

Hugs to everyone.
Unread 03-23-2007, 07:01 PM

Summersday
I know just how your son feels. My two oldest decided it would be fun to moon a line of movie goers when they were 17. They were with one of their friends Mom who thought it hysterical...until the nice policeman pulled them over! That was a debt my two paid for for a very, very, very long time.
Unread 03-23-2007, 07:05 PM

Good evening girls. Glad you could join us Lainie. Doctors are crazy about the narcotics. Too many government regulations. Mine gave me 60 vicodin at my last check up (at 4 weeks) thank God! I needed it. I still have a refill left and I just take it at night but it really helps.

Poco - I was always one that loved the limelight in school. Loved to be on stage or read a report in front of the class. Though once opening night would hit I would get a little jittery...still do when I sing with the band, even karaoke. One good piece of advice is to look just above everyone's head so he doesn't make eye contact with anyone in the crowd. If he stays in character even if he messes up it will make sense to the audience. Just my 2 cents.

I'm ready to toss my dh out the front door too alabama. I love him dearly but he has decided that I am a new woman now that I am 6 weeks post op. Yesterday I got up with the kids, emptied, loaded, and ran the dishwasher, worked 8 hours from home, fed, changed, and bathed our 10 month old, read 10 books to our 7 year old (March is reading month ), and sanitized the surfaces and doorknobs of the house b/c my sick niece had to stay over yesterday. Last night he was switching over the laundry and asked why I didn't do it earlier He happens to be self employed and took the day off to nap, eat, nap, play a video game, watch TV (wait who had surgery ) Ughhh! Ok, deep cleansing breaths, I'm done.

Today he more than made up for it. He cleaned, made dinner, and brought me flowers.
Unread 03-23-2007, 07:15 PM

THank Bookah for sending me this thread. Sounds like everyone is doing better.
I start back to work next Thursday. I don't look forward to it. It ´has been nice to be at home!
Unread 03-23-2007, 07:20 PM

Glad you made it Keikom!

Okay ladies, I was just looking at our progress reports page...does anyone else feel we are being waaaaay over policed???? I don't know why a pain question or a new post surgical prolapse wouldn't be a direct recovery progress comment. I sure thought it was. Maybe some of us don't have time to start 5 different threads for every thought that pops into our minds. I hope we are safe to discuss whatever we want here. I'll still post my progress in case there are any new sisters to see how the road to recovery goes but yikes, I'm almost afraid to post anything over there anymore.

Ok, enough about that. I just hope this can be our safe haven to talk about WHATEVER we want.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register