Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 146 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

HELP!!!! I am so freaking out! My step-son and his underage girlfriend want my Dh and I to adopt their baby! I dream about having more kids, but I don't really want one. We already have 3 other kids to think about. I am a stay at homer so day care is not an option. My youngest is 3 1/2 and totally dependent on me and I am not going to put her in somebody elses care now! My step-daughter is 13 and my son is almost 12. We have college to think about-not to mention 2 teen-age drivers! We need to save more for retirement-dh is 45 and I'm 31! I think I am going CRAZY!!!

Thanks for listening! Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow!!

Hope y'all have a good night! Elizabeth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookah212
Okay ladies, I was just looking at our progress reports page...does anyone else feel we are being waaaaay over policed???? I don't know why a pain question or a new post surgical prolapse wouldn't be a direct recovery progress comment. I sure thought it was. Maybe some of us don't have time to start 5 different threads for every thought that pops into our minds. I hope we are safe to discuss whatever we want here. I'll still post my progress in case there are any new sisters to see how the road to recovery goes but yikes, I'm almost afraid to post anything over there anymore.

Ok, enough about that. I just hope this can be our safe haven to talk about WHATEVER we want.
Hmmm....Over-policed?

You asked publicly so I'll answer publicly.

We specifically set up progress reports for the stated purpose: Hysterectomy Recovery Progress Reports as a place for our members to have a place to post their normal hysterectomy progress.

We also state specifically on every single "Progress Report"
  Quote:
If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!
If you have a question about post-op pain, post-op prolapse, etc, you will get support on the appropriate support forums where 100,000 women can pitch in and answer your questions and provide support and answers to your questions. A new thread for *your* question in its very own discussion gets attention from many...to benefit you and others.

And since the Progress Report threads are for hysterectomy progress, we ask that your "Progress Report" not become everyday, normal life chatter which takes the thread off topic.

((( Ladies ))) I'm sure you could be confused but perhaps taking a step back, re-reading the guidelines for the Progress Report thread (first post on your progress thread) and re-reading other forum descriptions and our website guidelines will help to explain how and why we do things....after 8+ years online...to keep things organized and to benefit the community as a whole.

And this thread (as well as all the other threads on Hystersisters.com) are monitored for content and website guidelines compliance for everyone's enjoyment and safety.

s
Unread 03-23-2007, 08:13 PM

daisydimple, how long were you on the treadmill? Doc told me today nothing but walking yet - no elliptical
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2007, 08:20 PM

I totally understand the feeling of things hanging out after standing or walking for a while. I am using a band around my lower abdoman -- I'm not sure what they call it. It's a NOrdic track brand, about 8 inches wide and attaches w/ velcro. You probably can find it in the sports section at a pharmacy or a sports store. I don't know what i'd do with out it. I wear it A LOT. I'm able to walk 30 minutes. I feel it but thinks it's helps building up my strenght.

I'm off to a caribbean cruise tomorrow!! yeah. Had signed up for lots of snorkling and even trying scuba diving in shallow water. All seemed reasonable a couple of weeks ago, but now I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do. AT least I'll hve a nice place to rest and nap while I recover from my excursions!
Unread 03-23-2007, 08:43 PM

um!
Unread 03-23-2007, 08:51 PM

Thank you Kathy and I completly understand the intent behind it. And I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for creating this website. It helped me through so much and I got the chance to meet these wonderful ladies.

As a matter of fact, we were discussing needing to move our thread as it had become a place to catch up on everything, not just our surgery. I just thought after we took the initiative to move it and from what I have seen everyone has been doing as good a job as possible to get the right topic in the right place there really wasn't a need to comment on Princess' pain. She was expressing what is happening as a result of her recovery. That was where I was taken aback. I didn't mean to offend anyone and apologize for the sarcastic tone of my post but we all, for the most part, take part in posting in various areas and responding to many women outside of our surgery dates.

I do want to make sure that this thread is a "safe place" for us to discuss whatever we feel like as long as it isn't offensive, illegal, etc... But kids, husbands, surgery, sleep (or lack of), pain, mental state, music, the weather, intimacy issues... Our group has a special bond, you can see that by the number of posts in our recovery thread. I just don't want to end up getting reprimanded for topics here as well.

I respect your intent and the benifit it provides to all members of hystersisters. That is why I would like to make sure this is more of an anything goes chat area and the other thread is a "progress reports only"

Please correct me if I am wrong and again I apologize for my lack of tact in my previous post that wasn't very nice.
Unread 03-23-2007, 08:56 PM

Now, bookah212, I don't think we are being policed. I think big sister is watching us

Alambama: I'm no longer in morning---too dang tired after being at school 1/2 days all week. But, absolutely ready to get back. Latest news is that Tubby our coach is leaving. My big question is do I have to change the dog's name. My husband named him after Tubby! They're talking like Billy Donovan might be the guy to replace him--That would be great--don't know if it would ever happen.
Unread 03-23-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookah212
I do want to make sure that this thread is a "safe place" for us to discuss whatever we feel like as long as it isn't offensive, illegal, etc... But kids, husbands, surgery, sleep (or lack of), pain, mental state, music, the weather, intimacy issues... Our group has a special bond, you can see that by the number of posts in our recovery thread. I just don't want to end up getting reprimanded for topics here as well.

I respect your intent and the benifit it provides to all members of hystersisters. That is why I would like to make sure this is more of an anything goes chat area and the other thread is a "progress reports only"

Please correct me if I am wrong and again I apologize for my lack of tact in my previous post that wasn't very nice.
Thank you Bookah212, I appreciate your kindness.

This thread is for chatter: weather, kids, music, movies, favorite TV shows.

If a member raises a question that is best asked in a different forum, (hormone questions go in hormone forum, intimacy questions go in our sexual dysfunction forum or if its not about sexual dysfunction, the questions about sex post-op should be asked in regular post-op forum since its related to hyst recovery...all the time remembering we are a PG rated website....) those questions should not be lost in the middle of a chatter thread.

((( Princess48))), you have continued to post about ongoing pain issues in the progress report. Please start a thread for your specific needs so that other members can help you....those members who are further along in recovery and do have answers and suggestions that would be a benefit to you.

Thank you, ladies, for your kindness and help!
Unread 03-23-2007, 09:07 PM

Thanks Kathy!

Goodnight ladies. I need some serious sleep...I only got 2 hours last night
Unread 03-23-2007, 10:00 PM

Hi,everyone! This thread is great. I'm having a hard time keeping up though since I jumped in late. It's almost 11pm here and I'm trying to get some things done around the house before I go to bed. I have to work tomorrow and still have to iron my shirt and slacks. Sat. is our busiest day and I hope I'm up to it. I worked half days yesterday and today and was pretty tired...had to take a nap when I got home. I hope I can sleep tonight.

Anyway, it has been fun reading everyone's posts and getting to know you all better. I'll try to write more later this weekend.

Laura

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register