Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 156 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Well, today is the beginning of a full week for me at work. I am passing stiches, and they hurt some (burning type of feeling) when they pass. I got up early and worked out at curves this morning for only 1/2 the time that is 15 min. then worked for 10 hrs today and walked on both of my 15 min breaks and after dinner my husband and I took a 30 min walk........boy, am I bushed........but, the walking really helps the brain fog...I have never felt like this.....and what is really weird is the fact that I know that it is not normal for me and that I am being just awful and I can't stop myself. Anyone else feel that way. All in all today was a good day, other than the swelly belly, which gives me an extra 3 inches on my stomach when I have it. Well good luck on all of you who have your 6 weeks and the ones that are still healing.......it gets better with time.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2007, 09:55 PM

Pia, I am so sorry about your hair. What did this woman say to you when she realized she ruined your hair? My roots are showing and I realize after being in the house for 6 weeks that I desperately need a haircut. My hairdresser actually just had a baby and is only working 1 afternoon a week. I am planning to try someone new. Wish me luck. Is your hair long enough to pull back?

After being out today, of course, stomach is more swollen and in pain but hopefully will feel better tomorrow since my girlfriend is in from Florida and we are going to lunch tomorrow. It should be fun.

For those of you who gave me suggestions for my son's hair I have discovered there are colored hair sprays. He had his dress rehearshal today and would not let my dh or I stay to see it. He looks so cute with his red hair (looks burgundy to me) and his orphan clothes on. If I do say so myself the outfit came out looking great. His drama teacher was very happy with his look. Also, the hair spray washes out right away.

I just realized I forgot to ask the dr if I could start swimming. We belong to an indoor pool and of course I haven't been for a couple of months but might be a good way to start out. I am also thinking about curves hoping it won't bother my bad back or leg pain. Now that I have had the hysterectomy I am planning on going for shots in my back to get rid of that pain and then I think I will truly have my life back meaning energy and everything. My back problems are mostly from a car accident I was in (I was not driving - 2 girls ran a stop sign and smashed into the car I was in) when I was 21. Two broken ribs, two broken clavicals (collarbones) and a sprained neck. Of course, drs said I am young and won't be any long term problems. Yea right. This was before the days of MRIs. I have been told I have 3 herniated discs in my neck and two of them are pressing against my spinal column. As we say about some drs the last neurologist I went to actually told me and dh that I would have been better off breaking my neck, nice huh. Anyway hope not too much info. Just between that and needing the hyst it has been very frustrating. I do however feel that with the hyst I am finally on the mend even with the pain and swelly belly.

Everyone have a good night.

Rodswife, I am thinking of you and hoping everything is ok.
Unread 03-26-2007, 09:59 PM

I will say the only thing that frustrated me about my dr's visit today was the fact that he did not say anything about the swelly belly and felt that it was a particular problem just that I was having. Of course, after talking to all of you I know better. Everyone have a good night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2007, 10:22 PM

Hi, girls. It's my fourth day back at work and I'm still doing okay...have to take a nap when I get home though.

It seems like we're all having problems with the swelly belly. Mine was a little better today. My doctor told me to drink lots of water so I've been trying to up my intake. I'm too pooped out at the end of the day to do sit-ups which was her other suggestion. When I've got a little more stamina, I'll give it a go. For those who didn't get an adequate answer from their doc about the reason for swelly belly, my doc told me it was the body's response to trauma. It will go away over time and lots of water and sit-ups will help.
Unread 03-26-2007, 10:25 PM

Thanks catnapper. That is nice to hear especially since my tummy with the enlarged uterus and needing to lose weight was not flat before this but when I came home from the hospital was noticeably flatter (even my kids noticed it was flatter) and now its bigger than it ever was.
Unread 03-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Back to work

Well I went back to work Sunday night, 7:30p.m. to 5:30 A.M. It went alot better than I expected I didn't have any trouble staying awake. Went and walked 3 miles after work. My friend I walk with hadn't walked since I had my surgery. She said she thought the walking today bothered her more than it did me!
I lost 13 lbs by the 3rd week after my surgery so actually my pants are fitting better. I do have swelly belly today. I didn't sleep well today, but since I have been use to normal sleeping it will probably take a bit to get back in the routine.

Cheryl
Unread 03-26-2007, 10:51 PM

Hi ladies
I too had the 6 week visit today - internal and all and it went well - not much pain until later at home - motrin did the trick for that - as far as Curves - arobic and non abdominals for 2 more weeks - the playground is open and everything works. As far as work - no lifiting for 3 weeks - or pushing anything over 10 lbs. Even that pesky incison is finaly healing up. There is light at the end of the tunnel. As far as swelly belly and fatigue, my DH reminded me that complete healing is 6-12 months and that muscles fatigue and need to recover. I can't believe how bad the hot flashes and night sweats have gotten - so I am now on estradiol .5mg I haven't been sleeping very well the past week so I hope this helps. Sorry to be so long winded on me - just wanted to keep everyone posted
thanks for reading
Reb
Unread 03-26-2007, 11:15 PM

Oh my,
On the hair front - my stylist just took a job as an instructor at her academy, so either she comes over and does our hair at our home or sets us up with someone she trusts at the school (Had an updo for an event) - gave me a heavy conditioning treatment pre-op and advised me my hair might change after surgery - sure enough it's gotten much redder and less blond (sitting indoors) and the part switched sides - that is the first time in about 11 years - it used to switch more often when I was younger. I feel so bad about your hair Pia - I hate to say this but a friend litteraly lost a lot of her hair after a bad diabetic episode and at that point wore a lot of hats (went from pump to getting a stomach - staple type procedure and now her hair has returned & she's off insulin) and once in a while, a wig. I wish I were closer - so this is the only I can give you. I figure about two more weeks before swimming to insure that darned incision is well healed. I feel quite silly having alergic reactions to the antiseptic preps , ect in that area so even the idea of a hot tub or a bubble bath has lost some of it's alure. I found a great b& b with some amazing whirlpools - maybe by the end of April ?. Sorry for the ramble. I know some of us are dealing with really big issues outside of our healing - that doesn't seem fair but I want to wish each of you peace, healing and wisdom - that is my prayer to all tonight
Bests
Reb
Unread 03-26-2007, 11:19 PM

Rodswife, I'm so sorry you are going through this at a time when you should only be worrying about your own welfare. It seems as though your son and his girl want to have their cake and eat it, too. Good luck with your meeting this week. I think you were speaking from your gut on your first post this morning and I think you should follow your instinct.

Pia, what a bummer. Have you called a salon to see if someone can fix what this lady did? You would probably do more damage if you continue trying to go blonde, but perhaps a professional who specializes in color could help.

Pocono, good luck with the new stylist. I'm trying someone new at my hair appt. tomorrow night.

Hugs to everyone.
Unread 03-26-2007, 11:39 PM

You're welcome, Pocono. It sounds like we're in the same boat. I need to lose about 50 lbs. and was thrilled that my stomach was flatter for the first couple of weeks after surgery. I also lost about 5 lbs. When my appetite came back at about the third week, I got the tummy back and then some.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register