Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 157 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-27-2007, 03:56 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

This is not actually 'my' board (as you'll see from surgery date' but just wanted to say THANKS as I have a post-op visit with surgeon this afternoon and will now be sure to take painkillers after what I've seen on here! I dread the thought that he might want to do an internal exam as I feel so tender still and the thought of anyone touching my stomach (or worse) makes me want to run for the hills! However I am going to put on a bit of makeup and literally put a brave face on it!
Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 04:57 AM

Good morning, hope all is well. I am still not sleeping. And last night I had the worst belly pain EVER.I am soooo tired. I felt better earlier in my recovery.It is always great to hear how some are doing so well, it gives me hope.Have a nice day ladies
Unread 03-27-2007, 06:14 AM

Pia your story about your hair reminds me of when I was young and bleached my sister's hair. It came out green!!! And before I let her remove the towel from her head I went around the house covering all the mirrors. I'd suggest doing a TEMPORARY color rinse in a darker color to cover up some of the brassiness... it definitely will take differently on different colors of hair so you'll have a combination of colors, but it also usually takes stronger on lighter hair... and also make sure to get the kind that rinses out in like 10 shampoos. Just a suggestion.

Thanks too for sharing your adoption story. Like I said in my reply, its best to have ALL feelings out on the table, and make an educated decision. Sounds like you guys didn't like your situation and tried to be responsible about it... and decided to be responsible by keeping the child. For some people being responsible would be giving the child up... and for others, having family take the child. But when giving the child up, you really need to have everyone involved decide how they'll feel if that is the choice! For some, the residual guilt is too much to bear. Not sure what choice I"d make. Probably take my child's child... and then feel angry about it for a while. Not the BEST way to handle it, but I think that's what I'd do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 07:38 AM

Lou49 - please let us know how it goes at the MD's - hopefully they will be gentle and remember - we are ladies!

guniapigg - I know what you mean about pain - I get some in my lower abdomen and back at night - I thought I'd be more pain free but I guess this keeps me from overdoing it yet - I hope you keep progresssing a bit each day and here is a since I'm not closer.

catnapper - thanks for the hints on the SW - I will get back to drinking a lot more water - about 2 weeks more before I can try those ab crunches

Off to work tomorrow - trying to get ready today
Bests to all
Reb
Unread 03-27-2007, 07:57 AM

Good morning everyone! As expected I am exhausted today but I am still planning to meet my girlfriend for lunch. My ds woke up and feels is asthma is kicking in. I guess I should talk about that on the other post. Also in more back pain, leg pain etc, I guess that is from walking around the food store yesterday. I cannot believe I am even more out of shape then before.

LOU49 = You are welcome to our group anytime. Good luck at the dr today and keep us posted.

Gineapigs38 - So sorry you are still in a lot of pain. I understand it and while mine has gotten better I still have alot of it so I do believe you will get better. It is just taking a long time. I was surprised yesterday by my dr when I told him after being out 2 days in a row last week that I had to take a percocet. He did not say anything so it looks like he thinks this is normal.

Reb - Good luck on your first day back at work tomorrow. I will be 7 weeks post op tomorrow and while I don't work if I did there is no way I would be able to do it. I'm exhausted after being out for 3 hours. Let us know how it goes.

To everyone else have a great day.
Unread 03-27-2007, 08:13 AM

Good morning everyone! I thought I had a 24 hr bug, but it looks like it's a 48hr one! I had to take Phenegran last night~couldn't stop throwing up~and I slept like a rock! Hopefully today will be much better.

I also want to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and stories! Dh and I have talked and talked about what to do, but no decision has been made. I almost feel like I am living someone elses life. Is this really happening? Unfortunately, it is! Either way we decide, this child will be loved. I could raise it as my own if they walk away and never come back. If adoption is the answer, then we will help in anyway we can to find a great home for the baby. I have to thank God that they have realized that they are not ready for a baby!

Thanks again to all of you! Elizabeth

BTW~I have all of you in my thoughts, but I don't have the energy to reply to everyone. Just know I am thinking about ALL of you!
Unread 03-27-2007, 09:26 AM

rodswife - My heart goes out to you. We had that darn stomach bug for a week. It was tricky too because you would feel better and then it would come back.

To all the ladies with the hair problems, I think we all need a fancy spa day. My hair is down to the middle of my back I haven't had it cut since before my dd was born and that was May of last year. My thyroid was so off that my hair was falling out in clumps and I wanted to keep all the hair I could. Since the surgery it is growing in so nice and thick Anyway, I still think we need pampering!!

Happy Tuesday everyone.
Unread 03-27-2007, 10:31 AM

Hi everyone. I am feeling ok today. I am going to take my dog to the vet today and , I think I am going to walk up there so I can get some exersise.Well It is another nice day here so I am going to try an enjoy it. Well all my sisters have a great day bye!
Unread 03-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Pain Upper Right Side

Well I went to the ER via ambulance last Tuesday night.

Had emergency Gall Bladder surgery on Thursday after tests.4 more abdominal incisions.Just got out of the hospital on Monday. 6 days...
My OB GYN came to see me. Was supposed to get my release last Friday but he won't see me until next Monday. 8 weeks post. Because of the healing etc and a new surgery I feel about 1-2 weeks out. The nurse at his office said the playground maybe closed another 4 weeks because it irrtated and caused additional swelling with this 2nd surgery.
My hubby is going nuts!!! I was waiting to get to play.. NOW DON"T TOUCH ME is my motto!!! My bladder suspension at the sam,e time as the Hyst was affected and the following day of my surgery my bladder was in shock again and quit working. I had a catheter from Friday to Monday.
I had called a nurse and told her my pain and location. She said normal... got worse... ADVICE>>>> TALK TO THE DOCTOR EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AFTER HOURS and call exchange!!! He told me go straight to ER it did not sound hyster related!!!
Unread 03-27-2007, 12:00 PM

Angie - I am so so sorry you had to go through all that! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that this is it for you.

I regressed last night into not being able to sleep but I still have a ton of energy today so I really can't complain and my pain is all the way gone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register