Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 158 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Ouch Angie, that is NOT fun! Your new motto will hopefully not be hanging up for long but it sounds like you're determined to get better in the time it takes... hang in there.

I actually came down with a nasty headcold this morning.... why does it feel like my body's own winter is refusing to leave when all around me the snow is melting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 01:12 PM

I just wanted to thank all of you!! I was jsut reading the posts and it hit me in such a rush that this forum, and more specifically, this group of women- it's amazing! We are all so different, different stories, different backgrounds, family situations- and yet we are all here, as women should do, supporting each other without question. From trivial hair issues to serious health, family and wellbeing issues. it's amazing! Thanks to all of you who post and even those who just read, thank you for being you! All of us have things to add and I appreciate each of you.

And Elizabeth~ wow. You're having one hell of a month, aren't you? I'm so sorry for the situation... but you and your dh sound like wonderful parents and responsible people. You sound open to different solutions and that is the key to this working out, i think. a difficult decision for sure, but one I feel confident yall will be able to make. Have faith that with some soul searching and if it's in your faith, praying- this will turn out for the best... wherever this child winds up.

On another note- NO MORE COLOR! My head is too short on top to look good in caps, and I don't dare try to fix it for at least a few more weeks. So... i'll just suck it up. It's only hair, right?
I lie- I am soooooo getting a wig!! haha
Unread 03-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Clubhouse

How do we get there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 01:48 PM

LOL.... it IS only hair, but photos of you IN that hair are going to be on record! It will certainly grow out but bad timing. Then again, maybe its the conversation piece you needed!
Unread 03-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Pain Update

Well I went to the ER via ambulance last Tuesday night.

Had emergency Gall Bladder surgery on Thursday after tests.4 more abdominal incisions.Just got out of the hospital on Monday. 6 days...
My OB GYN came to see me. Was supposed to get my release last Friday but he won't see me until next Monday. 8 weeks post. Because of the healing etc and a new surgery I feel about 1-2 weeks out. The nurse at his office said the playground maybe closed another 4 weeks because it irrtated and caused additional swelling with this 2nd surgery.
My hubby is going nuts!!! I was waiting to get to play.. NOW DON"T TOUCH ME is my motto!!! My bladder suspension at the sam,e time as the Hyst was affected and the following day of my surgery my bladder was in shock again and quit working. I had a catheter from Friday to Monday.
I had called a nurse and told her my pain and location. She said normal... got worse... ADVICE>>>> TALK TO THE DOCTOR EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AFTER HOURS and call exchange!!! He told me go straight to ER it did not sound hyster related!!!
Unread 03-27-2007, 01:52 PM

Try this link, although maybe you already found us? https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=292544
Unread 03-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Parents

My mother was NEVER a nurturing mother and even now doesn't like spending much time with her grandchildren. She'd have FREAKED if my sister or brother even whispered of this idea! She won't even watch them for an overnight.

*** My mother won't sit for an afternoon. I can relate wish she wanted to be more in their lives but as much as I love her, shes a selfish and negative person and has little sdympathy. She had kids because its was the status quo. Her opinion.. Thats what nannies are for. I love being home with my kids... she was angry I gave up my career to be a SAHM. $ is my problem even when hubby was laid off.
"Well you wouyldnot be in this position if you were not obsessed with your kids. No one has 4 kids. You chose this and you deal with it!!!

Angi
Unread 03-27-2007, 02:16 PM
zFpund it

I'll start posting there. Sounds like most everyone moved over there anyway.
Unread 03-27-2007, 02:36 PM

My mother loved having kids but was VERY strict with us. She feels that her grandchildren are catered to far too much and is worried that they won't listen to her if she has to take care of them. I have to state though that my mother is in her 80's and I'd worry about her ABILITY to care for a three year old, or control a 14 year old who's been known to kick in a wall or take an axe and chop through electric wires outside a house. My mother was never a big caregiver because growing up HER mother wasn't... she didn't see it demonstrated. instead her grandfather took care of her, or the housekeeper. Growing up I had three siblings and we were well behaved but free spirits. We all provide support for each other and KNOW that my mother is the way she is. So Angi, I'm glad you're enjoying your children. My brother and sister wish my mother was more involved with their kids, but they have come to an understanding about it all, and they both know if necessary I am here to care for their kids... that being said, when my brother came to visit with his three last summer, I made them sleep outside in a tent. Am I bad??? Those kids don't respect house rules, kick holes in walls, let cats and dogs out of the house that AREN'T outdoor pets, drop things into fish tanks, leave food everwhere... in general its chaotic PLUS when they visit. LOL Now that I read that I think I KNOW why my mother doesn't want to take care of them! But to be truthful she's like that with all kids.
Unread 03-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Good Idea!!!

We should set up the tent!!!
My SIL kids are terrors... expect to see them on the news any day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register