Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 159 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi everyone, today has been hard for me, our 6' 3", 190 lb. baby boy is 16 today.It is hard to believe 16 years ago I was having a baby, no chance of that ever happening again,reality set in.I am sure down the road I will feel better about it ( the whole decision of the TAH).So with not feeling so well, his celebration will be on the quiet side. A quick cook out (DH is the grill master, I would burn down the neighborhood). An ice cream cake (DS favorite), my parents and sister will stop by and my poor DD is at work til midnight.He plays in 5 hockey leagues so he needs another new hockey stick and I got him a gift bag filled with all his favorite things. I wish he was still little and could do a theme party ,it was much easier.I hope everyone is enjoying the weather where you are ,it is 80 here in Pa. Well thanks for the ear. chat real soon.
Jayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Jayne

I have had goofy baby dreams but I'm glad that part is done... I can enjoy my grandson and those yet to come... No more diapers unless I volunteer and spoil them and send them home. My kids range from 20-2.
At that age its better to do small family and let them hang with friends.
My 20 yr old is in Germany in the military. MIssed his birthday just sent him goodies and a Mustang T Shirt.
Unread 03-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

FF1962 and Poconowoman - that thing with the painkillers must have worked! Great tip. The consultant was very gentle, did an internal which was short and gentle and didn't hurt at all! And he told me that my pathology samples were normal and he cleared me to ease myself back into normal activities! Said that the scar was a bit puffy but this was because nerves and lymph whatevers were cut - wonder if he meant swelly belly, didn't ask - felt I knew all the answers about that from Hystersisters! Sure is swollen now though!
Off to bed. It's been quite an exciting day!
Louise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 03:41 PM
lou49

zgood for you! Glad it all went well.
Unread 03-27-2007, 06:32 PM

This was my second day back at work. On my feet constantly for 10 hours straight. My stomach and pelvic muscles are revolting! Everytime I walk, they spasm. Everytime I stand, they spasm. Guess I'll take a little apple cider vinegar, sit and pray it's all better in the morning.
Unread 03-27-2007, 07:05 PM

AngieDawn
Tents are good! Better get the kind that will just keep popping itself back up though! Sorry to hear about your ex-gall bladder. I hope you get back on your feet soon.

Guinea-I know how you feel about your baby being 16. Mine turned 16 last September. Just remember these words "Mom, can I have the car?" My 23 y/o is 6'3". Just tell your son to pick you up so you can yell at him. Does he lean on you with his arm resting on your head yet? That's when the fun broke out at our house. (I love to wrestle around with the kids.)

Pocono, I saw you got a clean bill of health. Yeah.

Bad hair day? I guess so. Would love to see a picture just for grins and giggles.

I don't remember who said it, but you guys are very much an incredible bunch of ladies.

babs
Unread 03-27-2007, 07:06 PM

So sorry to hear about your surgery. You must be feeling overwhelmed (& your hubby!). I hope the healing process goes well. Remember, you're still a princess!
Unread 03-27-2007, 10:50 PM

AngiDawn, sorry to hear you had to go in for another surgery. It sounds like you're been through the ringer. On the upside though, I bet you'll feel better with the gallbladder out. I had mine out about 7 yrs. ago and remember it being a fast recovery...much faster than the hysterectomy. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better soon.

I got my hair cut by the new gal tonight and am happy to report that it came out fine. It's about 2 inches shorter in a shoulder length bob. This is the cut I wish I had gotten before the surgery because I think it will be so much easier to work with. I'm all for a day of pampering. Wouldn't it be lovely if we could all get together and get our fingers and toes done. And while we're there we could throw in a facial and a massage. After what we've been through, we deserve it!

Take care, everyone.
Unread 03-27-2007, 11:08 PM

Hi everyone.
Angie Dawn - So sorry about the gall bladder surgery. I can't imagine going in for another surgery especially before being healed from this one. I also had my gall bladder out about 13 1/2 years ago. Also much easier to heal from then the hyster but I also had a 5 1/2 month old at home to take care of.

Pia - Absolutely agree with you. An incredible bunch of women and I am so glad I was told about this site. Sorry to say I would also love to see a picture of the hair. I would probably be so upset though. I remember many years ago when I was about 19 I was suppose to go skiing with my girlfriends and a whole bunch of people (even though I do not ski) and cancelled going because of a bad haircut. How silly we are when we are younger. I laugh now that I actually cancelled a weekend trip because of my hair. Hope it grows out soon.

Catnapper - I am with you. A day of pampering with everyone sounds wonderful.

On another note seems I can't stop going to drs. My younger son woke up this morning and feels his asthma is kicking in. He has very bad spring allergies which brings on the asthma. It only lasts about 6 weeks but he ends up on like 7 different medicines. I feel bad because he is the one in the show and everyday this week either his throat hurts or now he is clogged so tomorrow morning he will be at the dr before going to school. The Good news is since he had a dress rehearsal on Monday he is less nervous.

I do think I am healing a little bit better this week. My pain seems to disappear quicker after I have done things and I rest afterwards meaning driving and errands since I am still not released for lifting and bending. I guess I should be posting this on the other thread.

My lunch plans were changed to tomorrow so I am hoping I am done with my son's dr on time or it will be changed to breakfast Thursday morning.

It is now 1 am and again I am up. I am getting really tired of being tired. LOL
Hugs to everyone!
Unread 03-27-2007, 11:20 PM

Babcocks so sorry you are not feeling well. Hope your day goes better tomorrow.

I have finally read my dr's surgical report and when he said I had adhesions he meant an abundance. It was weird reading the report and seeing how they looked at everything and talking about what they clamped and etc but he actually said in his report they had to spend a lot of time removing the adhesions before they could actually get to the organs. Anyway I posted on the other thread while I still have a lot of pain I am noticing that after I drive or run some errands when I come and rest the pain is going away faster than it was last week which is a good sign.

For those of you not feeling well I hope you get better soon and for those of you who are continued good health and a quick recovery.

Hugs to everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register