Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 185 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Nanette
So sorry, I didn't get the e-mail either. I know you're so tired today and you have still been posting so much. Try to get a good nights sleep and maybe the e-mail will show up. I will let you know. Was it your idea to use our real names. Great idea. I notice a lot of us are doing it now.
Caroline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 05:40 PM

PLWC1 I hope you and your family are feeling better. I remember my kids having to go to the hospital etc. Poor baby, and on her party day too.

Easter this year is at my house as I have the most room. Everyone is invited from both sides of our family and they will all probably come. We will celebrate Easter at the house on Saturday and then on Sunday it will be just dh, ds, and myself going to church and eating leftovers.
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:50 PM

On the Couch (Caroline) - I definitely have to have my dh check out what is going on with my e-mail. I can understand things possibly being sent back but not being able to send out has never happened before. At least this time I saved the e-mail so I will not have to type it again. I will try to get some sleep tonight. Just found out the dr called and my dh still has strep after two rounds of antibiotics which caused him to get thrush. So now he is going to be on another round. Our dr wants me to now get checked in case I am a carrier but I told him I have not even had a sore throat. I feel so bad that he is not feeling well after how great he was and still is in taking care of me and the kids since I had the surgery. This coming week I will be released for everything. Yipee. And yes the names was my idea if anyone wants to use their real names. I know we had all said our names when we first started the thread so I just thought it might be nice to continue doing that.

Babcocks - Sounds like it will be a lot of fun and that you will be having lots of people. I hope family members will be helping you so that you don't overdo it. Have a great Easter!
Nanette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 06:11 PM

hi gals~

so sorry to hear about sick children. That really is the worst isn't it? I hope all my sisters here are doing better and better every day.

Kittens and ducks huh..... Well Ms. Kitty just had 5 kittens in the barn. No ducks though....Kittens for sale! I have never had lamb. I have had duck though. (don't tell the chicks)

Kappel~ Easter vigil what a marathon. I did it when I was confirmed to become Catholic. My #2 was 4 days old. Yep, sat through the whole 2 1/2 hours. My pennance has been paid up ever since!

So how do we celebrate Easter? well so far I put eggs on to boil at about 6:30 and saw the dh and dd off to Mass to have their feet washed (catholic thing I think, we never did that in the lutheran church I was raised in). then I sat down and got online. Read a post not 2 seconds ago and realized my eggs had been on for 1 hour and 30 minutes. I feel the need to call my dr and make sure he performed a hyst and not a lobotomy.

We will have my family over for easter breakfast , and an egg hunt, then go to dh's families house for supper and usually an egg hunt. I will have to ask my MIL if we need to bring snow pants!!!

Went shopping today. I'm having crummy luck with jeans. I have had better luck with soft dress pants. Got some at 1/2 price today. Got the dh a shirt that he looks smashing in. hubba hubba

Played through a 2 hour rehearsal last night. did fine. Had fun actually, read through some Haydn quartets and other pop stuff. So anyone need a professional string quartet for a wedding? We've got some openings this summer. Good thing I can play now, symphony week is next week. 5 ~3 hour services (concerts/rehearsals).

So I am feeling like intermission is finally over. Anyone else up for frolicking through a gently rolling pasture singing "the Hills are Alive?" Or maybe I will just climb to the rooftop and holler, "I'm Back." Then my neighbors will call the estrogen police.....

So
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:13 PM

oops!!

forgot my moniker

Christine
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:54 PM

hundjm~

The farwell festival is going to be pretty big. there are 2 now, a country one and a rock one. Do a google. I think they are calling it the farwell mountain music festival. Tickets are on sale already. I would LOVE to meet you.
All my best
Christine
Unread 04-05-2007, 07:12 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words! You are all so incredibly sweet... thank you for your kind words and prayers! Each and every one of my children has had some sort of health scare. Shane (oldest 13) had a double hernia operation at 2 weeks. Brett (almost 12) had meningitis at around 2 months ( and on the very morning of his baptism- a looking- back- kind- of- funny- but- not- really story) and little man with some false positive PKU results at birth). thankfully each one of them are fine and all healed without incident. Bella is on the mend, just slowly. She seems to be feeling better tonight- even asked for some cheetos! The Dr. put her on some sort of acid reducing medicine usually used for patients with ulcers. she said it would help reduce the nausea and vomiting and that sometimes the virus is in the acids in the stomach and this might help clear it up. My only response to that is- huh? Why the hell didn't you give this to her days ago???????? But anyway...

Karen so glad to read your post!Hope all is well with you and princess Katherine.

Madeline- I have been meaning to askyou where in Mass you live. My mothers side of the family is all in Western Mass and my ex is in Boston.
Easter here will not be the same as usual because the boys are in Boston with their dad. Bella and Brayden will be here with us. We were planning on going to church, but that probably won't happen because of Bella being so sick. We've already potentially taken out her entire mothers morning out program, along with the kids at the party Cinderella and Belle were going to after our party... I don't think we should risk anymore!
She had to miss the huge easter program at mmo this morning, so we're going to do a huge hunt for her here in our own backyard. We'll color the eggs tomorrow and start to decorate.
M & FIL will probably come over, if FIL will leave the house (which is rare).
DH and the boys love Ham for easter- but I can't cook a ham! haha. i mean- even a honey baked ham and I will ruin it!! I can cook almost anything, but for some reason every ham i have ever attempted to cook comes out horribly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:23 PM

You have been through the ringer where you kids' health is concerned! I bet it makes you appreciate them all the more. Glad things are getting back to normal.
Flatfroggie: loved the one about the lobotomy. Hope you don't mind if I borrow that. There must be something in those hormones we no longer produce that helps with brain function. By the way, wish I'd thought to ask for a tummy tuck along with the hyst. I didn't think I needed one before, but now I have two lumps where my stomach used to be. So much for low-riders!
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:30 PM

Kudos to you! I bet your lawn looks great. It's so cold here we had to bring plants/flowers inside. Down to the 20's at night
You truly are fortunate in your recovery. We are all so different. I'm glad to be feeling more like myself. But I SO miss the pampering!! I need to remind the hubby.
A blessed Easter to all - a time for rejoicing for all we have to be thankful for.
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:19 PM

Onthecouch, thanks for the warning about exercise. I felt pretty good today but did have some of that heaviness you described as the day progressed. By mid-afternoon, I was peeing every half hour. I'll heed your advise and take it slow.

The swelly belly is still a problem for me. I was so pleased that for about 2 weeks after the surgery my stomach was flatter, but it's been a problem ever since. I've actually lost a few pounds in the past week or so but you'd never know it because of that darn belly.

Okay, I've been a good girl and stayed on the topic of recovery. See you over at the clubhouse.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register