Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 197 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

hey Babs
never did the Miss America slumber party- sounds like a blast though
my smart son figured out how to get only the girls to come over, but they just were picked up, so I have to go to bed. You've inspired me to go back to the exercise. I was worried because I had such bladder pain, but asked dr when I was there with dd and he said my bladder just has to get used to it's new location and it's probably having spasms and the more I do the better it will get? OK, so I just will go with that. Hope you're feeling well after your workout tomorrow.
Nanette, talk to you tomorrow. I've been up since 4:30 and I am way past my bedtime. Goodnight everyone!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 09:40 PM
8 weeks post op

I have been back to work 2 weeks, at home I am back to my everyday normal stuff! My M.D. told me to get a abdomen support band to wear, it does seem to help. I feel better than ever!
Unread 04-10-2007, 10:12 PM

I started vacuuming about 2 wks after surgery. The doc didn't say I couldn't and my vac supposedly weighs only 8 lbs. I just couldn't stand it anymore because I have a white Persian that likes to leave bits of himself all over the carpet. The first time I did it I was very careful and just did the main traffic areas. Now I can do a more thorough job with no problems. What I haven't done since surgery though is mop the floors. For some reason that's harder for me than vacuuming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 10:48 PM

Onthecouch, too bad about your dd. My cyst was about the same size. I hope all goes well with the surgery. It's nice that she has a mom who understands exactly what she's going through.

Summersday, it sounds like you found a really nice landlord. Congrats on the new place. I hope the snow melts before you move.
Unread 04-10-2007, 11:19 PM

Hi everyone,
Hope all had a good holiday weekend! I have been cleaning and vacuuming also! But I try not too lift anything too heavy! I did pick up a 2 year old not thinking and was sure sore after that.
My Fatherschild - That is interesting you are a nurse from St. Louis. Would love to chat see ya on the "friends" site.
Bookah - Glad to hear you are feeling better
YoMiss - My first day back at work was not too bad I survived it. I was tired though by the time I got home. I am only working 8 hour shifts this week to see how I do, then next week I will work 12 hour shifts.

My problem is my clothing not fitting well. So I am thinking maybe I should start exercising and dieting. Though I am not sure how much exercise I can do without injuring myself. Has anyone been exercising and at what week post op did you start? Also what type of exercise were you doing? Well :timeup:
Unread 04-11-2007, 12:07 AM

Hi everyone,
My fatherschild- Are you working yet? Do you work in a hospital? Lets talk! If you want you can pm me.

Pocono - That is terrible about your children. Did the car stop? Glad they are OK. Sorry to hear about your back and leg pain. I have that too. I have had injections in my back. What helped me the most was physical therapy. They showed me exercises that helped move the pain from the leg to the back and then it would dissapate. Also ways to sleep that would keep from irritating it.

On the Couch - Sorry to hear about your dd. It is so hard to watch your children go through pain and surgery! My are with you for a speedy recovery

Singingmad - Sorry to hear about your dp. Glad no surgery is needed. I also she will have a quick recovery from her pain.

Summersday - I noticed we had our surgery on the same day. Good luck with your move.

Bookah - Glad you are feeling better.

Well time to turn in! :timeup:
Unread 04-11-2007, 12:26 AM

Hi Ladies
Glad to see so many had a nice weekend - hope we don't get too much snow here in MN - being back to work is eating time like crazy again, bit by bit my energy is returning!
I am keeping many of you in my prayers!
More Later
Reb
Unread 04-11-2007, 12:41 AM

I got a dyson as a suprise about 2 weeks before the sugery - and I finaly got to use it last week - the kids chased me away from it before that. They are awesome vaccums if you have pets and such - really great on the bare floors too. I did a bit too much cleaning at the 2 week mark and just got back to the cleaning about a week ago...feels good but I still worry about doing too much at once
Reb
Unread 04-11-2007, 04:06 AM

Good morning everyone. I actually just got released this past monday to go back to all activities so I will start to get back into my regular routine slowly.

I am feeling so much better but still have some pain from my incision after running around a lot or sitting for too long. Is anyone else having that?

Glad to hear that everything went well for those that returned to work this week. Talk to everyone later.
Unread 04-11-2007, 04:34 AM

Good morning everyone and yes it is 5 a.m. I actually slept about 5 hours last night which is great for me. I am finally going to get my hair cut and colored today. Can't wait it looks terrible.

To everyone who showed concern for my ds thank you. We also live where there are no sidewalks. It did really scare me. My ds besides his scrapes, which a couple started bleeding at school yesterday, was telling me his shoulder hurts also. And of course, the person driving did not stop, that would mean they actually cared about almost running someone down. The sad part is my 13 yr old has never really wanted to bike ride, my dh has taught him two different times (also he had hurt his knee 3 years ago (something called osteochondritis disecans - he had fallen and bruised his bone but then it turned into the osteo etc. and that is where the blood supply stops going to the bone and if it is not corrected could have ended up with permanent knee damage) so that took almost 2 years to heal. He handled it better than I did because he was not even allowed to go for walks. He was in a cast and leg brace for 12 weeks. So anyway, he just decided this past week he wanted to ride a bike and was having so much fun doing it - now I am not sure he will want to ride again because of this. I am hoping he will but he is too bruised too even think about it right now.

To Caroline and Babcocks - Regarding my back pain - I was in a very bad car accident when I was 22 - (I was not driving) 2 girls ran a stop sign and smashed into the car I was in. They had to use the jaws of life to get me out. I had two broken ribs, 2 broken collar bones and a sprained neck. This was before MRIs. Since then I have found out I have 3 herniated discs, 2 of which are pressing against the spinal column. (docs said the accident is the only way I could have this kind of damage) The leg pain started almost 2 years ago when I decided to start walking and trying to lose weight - after about 6 weeks had to stop. At this point between the pain, then the heavy periods etc and being exhausted due to the lack of sleep the last thing I have the energy for is exercise. I did try physical therapy years ago and it worked for a while and then it stopped working. I actually used to go to a gym and work out with weights and that also only helped just so much. Losing weight will not help the neck part which is where all the pain generating into the middle of my back comes from but I know it would help the lower back and leg pain. At this point it is so bad that I want the shots to reduce the pain so that I can start to exercise. I have had my thyroid checked and that is fine but it seems that dieting does not do much for me without exercising. I was hoping to get the shots sooner but there are not too many drs where I live that do them so his 1st appt for me is a month away. Now that I have been released for everything I am thinking about doing the weights again but only 2 or 3 pounds. Right now the pain is so bad that I am hoping the shots relieve it enough so that I can start to lose weight and sleep. I can't believe I am talking about all this in such detail. It makes me want to cry. There are people that know I have back problems but most don't want to listen to anyone talking about it and don't realize how little sleep I actually get. I spend many nights on the couch (Caroline no pun intended) so that my getting up and down does not wake up dh. Thank you so much for listening (or should I say reading). I am truly hoping the shots work and then if I have to will go back to physical therapy. I still do the neck stretches they taught me which will relax my neck a little.

Thanks so much for reading and I am sorry that this is so long. I know we all have things we have gone through and are going through. Everyone have a great day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register