Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 198 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Good morning all,

Pocono: I can relate to the neck pain-3 herniated discs-I had a radio frequency denervation in 2001-luckily it worked for me and the pain was alleviated. This process, if it works, usually only lasts 3 years maximum, it is now 6 years and I am still pain free. There are some things I cannot do, rake, sweep, mop, or I will have pain, but if I do them and have pain , the pain does go away with motrin. I had been dealing with it since 1997, went through therapy, shots, lots of pain meds,felt like a zombie, and then the new dr. did the rfd. DH deals with back and leg pain. Had back surgery 5 years ago and formed a golf ball sized scar tissue around nerve in back.
You are right people do not understand back-neck pain. It is not like a broken bone where they can see the reason.

On the couch: Your DD is in my thoughts and prayers.

cbrn: Thanks.

We are suppose to get 8-12 inches of snow in the next day or 2!!!It started about 6 am. The good thing is it is suppose to get up to 50 by next week so this white stuff should melt quickly.

My grandson got home safe and sound! His mother is suppose to have him most of the summer, my son is adament that she will have to find a way to drive the 8 hrs to get him or he will not go. I can't blame him either, he has bent over backward to accomodate her.

I packed a few more boxes yesterday. I still cannot due to much or my belly starts to hurt. It is very frustrating!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

June
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 06:57 AM

On the couch I am going to pray for your DD I am sure it will all go well for her.
Poconowoman I hope your DS will feel better soon, and I hope also with you.
Summersday Good luck with your packing I hope it get somewhat easer.
To everyone else I hope everything is good for you all and wish you the luck with going back to work and getting back to yourself. I am hoping to get back to work soon myself have a great day all bye!
Unread 04-11-2007, 07:27 AM

Thank you again singing, book, nanette, babs also catnapper, cindy, june and princess, for all your thoughts and prayers for my daughter. Sorry if I missed anyone. All your words mean so much to me.
Sorry about all of the chronic pain you girls are suffering from. I do hope you find relief.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 07:27 AM

Good morning everyone...
poco - I hope your ds tries again. I stopped riding for three years after I hurt myself at the age of 12. Then I really got into it. People are such jerks! Who wouldn't stop to help a kid???

I am so sorry about your back pain. I will pray that the shots work. My dh has been getting two kinds of shots in his knees but they haven't found a way to fix his back yet. I know he suffers daily and there isn't anything I can do for him. If he can take narcotics at night he can work fine during the day but the doctors start treating him like a druggie so it is really frustrating. If he can't treat the pain, he can't sleep, and then the pain gets worse, and he can't work (he is a plumber so he hauls bathtubs and water heaters and works in very tight spaces for a living) Anyway, I sympathize and hope you find a treatment that works for you

Summersday...where is the summer??? I hate springs like this, they forecast 4 - 8 inches of snow...yuck! I hope your move goes ok and you don't hurt yourself. Take it slow and let everyone else do the rough stuff. I was supposed to meet my aunt at the cemetary my mom is buried at after my doctor's appointment. It was so nice out yesterday I wish we would have done it then.

Well, I'll post an update at recovery after my dr. appt. Have a nice day everyone
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:27 AM

cbrn - I went to see my Doc at the six week mark and he released me to start exercising. I have a Gazelle and the Doc said to start out at 10 minutes and work my way up. I also have done Pilates and bike riding in the past so I asked how soon I could get back into those and he told me to wait another month for both activities. Had my bike been a stationary one, I could have started that at the 6 week point. Hope this helps.

I am on my third day back to work. I am only putting in 5-6 hours a day as my bosses don't want me to overdo it too quickly. I am blessed with understanding bosses. My only issue is being really tired when I get home. My Doc has put me on some "power" vitamins to help that so hopefully I'll be 100% soon.
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:59 AM

I've started Women's One a Day vitamins but so far haven't noticed them helping with the tiredness. Some days I drive home just day dreaming about the couch and a blanket... but I think its nice to actually be able to DO that. Before surgery I just pushed myself and pushed myself... now I think I've learned (or been reminded) to listen to myself and give myself some slack when I crave it. Not a bad thing. My DP and I are heading to FL for a week next month and BELIEVE me I'm planning on doing some lying around on the beach and sleeping in and ENJOYING myself big time. We deserve it!!!!!!
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:35 AM

Hi everyone,
Pocono - Sorry about the pain you are having. Everyone is different and I hope the shots work well for you!

Summersday - Take it slow with the packing boxes. It sounds like you are having a cold and wet spring yuk! Heres hoping for some warm weather ahead!

Bookah - Hope all goes well with the Dr. Appt.

I am off today so I guess I will try to clean and get ready for work tommorrow. It is kind of good getting back into a routine.

Hope everyone is still pampering yourselves
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:44 AM

Hi everyone!

LotsofBears - Thanks for the exercising advice. I will start out slow and work my way up! Sounds like you have a great boss!

Singingmad - I am jealous! I would love to be in warm weather relaxing on the beach! Have a great time! You have been through a lot and do deserve it.

Well I guess I need to get back to housework!
Unread 04-11-2007, 12:34 PM

Hello, I had my 8 week check up and it went really well. He thinks because I had three surgeries in the same spot this year that the healing scar tissue is causing the pain I have had sporadically. He said he wants me to keep a lifting restriction of 30lbs or less and I can keep cleaning and pushing myself. Just to listen to my body. He gave me vicodin to get through when I hurt myself but he is pleased with my progress. The cuff is completely healed, no hernia, and my ovary is normal...YIPEE!!!! He took my estraidol and FSH and I should have the results by Friday so I'll let you all know about that. Hang in there girls, I wish you a wonderful day
Unread 04-11-2007, 12:36 PM

I'm back I posted this on our recovery board but thought I would copy it for you girls that might not go over too often. Thank you for all your concern everyone. I really appreciate it.
Hello, I had my 8 week check up and it went really well. He thinks because I had three surgeries in the same spot this year that the healing scar tissue is causing the pain I have had sporadically. He said he wants me to keep a lifting restriction of 30lbs or less and I can keep cleaning and pushing myself. Just to listen to my body. He gave me vicodin to get through when I hurt myself but he is pleased with my progress. The cuff is completely healed, no hernia, and my ovary is normal...YIPEE!!!! He took my estraidol and FSH and I should have the results by Friday so I'll let you all know about that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register