Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 200 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Pocono, We sell mattresses at the furniture store where I work so maybe I can pass on some helpful advise. First of all, if you have back problems, you need a mattress that will help maintain the natural curve of your spine. If it's too hard there will be a space between your back and the sleep surface and if it's too soft you will not get the support you need. Most physical therapists reccomend a "plush" mattress. Stay away from "extra firm" or "pillow top". The Tempurpedic concept is good but an all foam mattress has some drawbacks. I have had a Beautyrest for about 8 yrs. and love it. Mine is a pillowtop but I don't have back problems. The individual steel coils offer the same type of contouring support as the tempurpedic and also cut down on motion transfer so if you get up in the middle of the night you won't disturb your partner. Some models have a layer of visco elastic foam or latex for added comfort.

I hope this helps. If you decide to shop for new bedding feel free to pm me for advise. There are so many models to choose from and I know it can be really confusing to the consumer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 04:21 PM

Catnapper - Thanks for the info. I will discuss it with my dh bec he also has a bad back so we definitely need something. I will pm you when we want the info. Thanks so much.
Nanette
Unread 04-11-2007, 04:28 PM

I just realized today is 9 weeks. So happy anniversary to all of us who had our surgeries Feb. 7th. I really don't like this waiting for 60 seconds before posting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 07:14 PM

Hi Ladies,
I am glad to hear that many of you are feeling better this week and moving on to new challenges like exercising, lifting, and vacuuming!! I went back to the classroom this week and my students were absolutely fantastic. They actually wanted to know what the doctor had to do!!! For 9-11 year olds, that was a difficult explanation, but many of them had an understanding because their moms explained to them already. I haven't felt bad at all. By the time I get home, I'm re-energized and ready to do more. I don't overdo it even though I feel like I could. I actually haven't gone back to the gym yet, so that'll be the true test next week! I wish all of you well! We're on the other side of recovery now!! CELEBRATE! NO PERIODS! NO GRANNY PANTIES! CAREFREE CLOTHES!
Unread 04-12-2007, 06:22 AM

Good morning everyone! Hope the weather is better somewhere else. It is pouring out today but I guess I should be happy it is not snowing.

I will be resting most of today and cleaning up a little. I did not get much sleep last night. Does the weather bother anybody else? My incision seems to hurt more with this weather. I know I probably should have posted this on the other thread.

Everyone have a great day!
Unread 04-12-2007, 07:09 AM

You're right, it IS odd that so many have back problems. I have a lypoma near my spine and when I went in for the MRI in January to have it checked, they noted that I had significant arthritis in my lower spine. Maybe its just that many of us are around a certain age when back problems start to kick in? Mine is usually not so bad... but there are some days when its just overwhelmingly annoying. Advil/Tylenol seem to help a good deal. But there have been times when I've really aggravated it and a trip to the doctor is in order for something stronger. When I was doing yoga three days a week I felt SO much better overall so I'm hoping to go back to that starting this summer. I'm waiting for my gym membership to expire (I've gone twice in two years!) so I can cancel it and then go back to the yoga studio I USED to belong to!
Unread 04-12-2007, 07:49 AM

Good morning everyone! I just wanted to check in and tell y'all that I am not going to be a mother again!! The little girl decided she wouldn't be able to keep a hold on my loser step-son so she is going to go after him for child support. I guess he'll have to get a couple of jobs or go to jail for non-payment of support. I AM going to try and be a step-granny, but I am NOT going to give her or her family money. That would be a never-ending thing. Thank you for all of your support in my family drama! Things can only get better from here!
I am not going to try and list everyone here, but I hope y'all are feeling better and I continue to think of everyone daily. I have been extremely busy between an upcoming dance recital(13-3 & 4 year old I can't wait!!!) and the end of the school year PTO stuff. I still can't believe it has been over 9 weeks since my surgery. I am so glad its over and I can enjoy my summer and family reunion outside Chicago! I've never been there and I am really excited!
Thing between DH and I have been alot better! I am not going to let this fight ruin my life and he knows it! I guess anyone in a relationship can relate. He is over thinking I am cheating because I showed him everything I have written to y'all and I told him "I AM NOT YOUR EX-WIFE!!!!!" I also told him if he kept up the mis-trust of me, I was out of here! Maybe that was a little harsh because I don't want to split up this family, but I have to hold my ground!
I am going to get my hair colored and cut tomorrow and get a manicure!!My nails are so long and hard and I thinking its because of the vitamins and calcium I am taking. Does anybody else have this? Just curious!
Ok~I've rattled on long enough! I have to clean because DH is having a men's weekend here and I was gracious enough to offer my cleaning services! I guess I won't feel guilty about spending money on my hair and nails!
Have a great day! Elizabeth
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:04 AM

Elizabeth: SO happy things are worked out for you. Don't overdo on the cleaning.

We only got 6 inches of snow and it should melt quickly as it is suppose to get into the 50's by next week.

I am off to pack more boxes.

Have a great day all

June
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:24 AM

Elizabeth - that's so weird about your nails because I've found exactly the same thing! My nails seem to grow overnight! But one thing I DO know. Anemia causes nails to become brittle, and to grow slowly... it would make sense if you're not bleeding that iron levels, feretin and all the rest have increased in your system and so your nails are healthy now! I end up clipping mine to a "sports length" but I think if I left them for a week no one would even believe they were my real nails! LOL
Glad the drama of the baby is over (for now). And good for her that she's going to try to make BOTH of them take responsibility. It sounds like she wants the child in any case and that's what's important. I hope they can figure out a way to handle it as adults.

Hope your DH enjoys his men's weekend too! I have a full day rehearsal tomorrow and then I'm going to Fenway Sunday to watch a ball game. I haven't done that in YEARS! Go Sox!
Unread 04-12-2007, 10:04 AM

Elizabeth, so glad your family has come to a decision about the baby. I am sure this is a lot of stress off of you.

Summersday - Good luck with the continued packing. I can't believe you say only 6 inches of snow. After all it is almost the middle of April.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register