Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 202 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi, all.

Bookah, I hope you get a good nights sleep...don't know how you functioned on 15 min. Fatigue set in big time for me today. I had to write today's date several times today and every time had to think a long time to figure out what to write. I felt like a drunk driving home from work and then slept for about 3 1/2 hrs. Where did this come from? I've gotten plenty of sleep. Anyway, I am taking tomorrow off but feel guilty about it because I know most of my co-workers don't understand.

Regarding fingernails...I wasn't anemic before surgery but am amazed at how nice and pink my nailbeds are now. Maybe I was borderline anemic.

Babs, I don't know a whole lot about waterbeds but do know we have many customers who buy traditional coil mattresses to replace them. The sleep number beds are probably pretty good. I seem to remember hearing though that if you have a warranty problem you have to send the mattress to the manufacturer which means you're without a bed until it's fixed. If you're interested in one, make sure you ask about that. Also, you might need a certain kind of frame. I can find out if you want me to.

Theresa, welcome to the site.

Hugs to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 10:46 PM

Babs, the sleepnumber beds are manufactured here where I live and a lot of folks with back problems swear by them. I think they have a plan where you can try then and return if it doesn't work for you.

On the back to work front - good to get back and get into the swing of things - a lot of changes but I am learning fast. Glad to have a three day break!

bests to all
Rebekah
Unread 04-12-2007, 10:59 PM

Bookah - I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Theresa - I found out from my dr's surgical report that I had "an abundance of adhesions" and I did not know it. They never said anything either with all the ultrasounds they did so hopefully it is nothing because I think the only way to know is through surgery.
We had a tremendous amount of rain also and expect more. Regarding exercising maybe you should start out with stretching and really light arobics. There are many more people that know a lot more about exercising than I so I can't give you a great answer.

Catnapper - I think sometimes just overdoing it can catch up with you and cause you to be so tired. Maybe that is what happened to you.

Reb - Sounds like you are enjoying work and glad to be back.

Babs - Enjoy your son's show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 03:41 PM

OK, I think I am in shock that there have been no posts since I posted last night. I will assume everyone is busy and getting back to their life. I am feeling very frustrated again because of my lack of sleep. Over the past two nights I have had a total of 3 hours of sleep and took a 2 hour nap today but I feel like I am not getting much of anything done bec I am so exhausted. Sorry to vent. The dr gave me new meds to try for my back pain but they don't seem to be doing anything. It is a little scary that nothing seems to take away my leg pain and it has gotten even worse. I don't know if it is bec of the wonderful weather we are having or the exam the neurologist gave me. I did do some simple exercises today without weights and will try tomorrow with just 2 or 3 pounds and I am going to start doing just some simple pilates more or less to do some stretching. I go for the shots May 7 (that was the earliest appt I could get) so I am really hoping I won't be disappointed. This is just so frustrating. I really hate being so exhausted and feeling like I have no energy to get anything done. Sorry again for venting and I hope everyone is having a great day.

Hugs to everyone.
Unread 04-13-2007, 03:54 PM

Nanette
I feel so bad for all you're going through. I hope the shots help. What have you done, in the past to control the pain? Has it just gotten worse since the surgery? Just know I am here, as are the others and I will pray for you.
Unread 04-13-2007, 04:05 PM

Hi Caroline, I thought I would find you here. I was on games and saw your question about where am I so I thought I would check here but you are not here. I thought it was funny today that we followed each other on games. I mentioned the bad word bec one of your posts had been censored. Did you see it? I don't remember which game. My leg pain has been getting progressively worse and does seem worse since the surgery so I don't know and neither does the dr if it is a pinched nerve but that did not show up on the MRI. I do have some disc damage but bec the leg pain has gotten so much worse I told the dr to start with the shots in my lower back vs my neck. As I have said before I do need to lose 50-60 pounds which is hard for me to admit since I grew up extremely thin (size 5-7) until my twenties and since I have gotten married have gained. It is really hard to admit that especially since I know some of you are still very thin. I really only talk about my weight with one or two friends. So I know losing weight would help and this is not an excuse but with my lack of sleep and pain it is so hard to exercise and I have found that just watching what I eat does not seem to help but when I exercise I start to lose so frustrated on that end too. Hope you had a good time yesterday.
Talk to you soon.
Unread 04-13-2007, 04:26 PM

Nanette hi there, I am sorry to hear that your are not getting good sleep. Have you tried Ambien CR? I use it every night. I have seen things about weight and the lack of sleep. Seems the less sleep the more we weight. Since I started Ambien I have noticed no weight gain and it helps with the pain and the mental side too. My leg has been bad lately (right) It seems to be so intense on the thigh and the knee cap hurts then my calf but more from the knee up. I do have lower back disc problems as well as spinal stenosis and some other issues with my back. I think the grandbaby is kind of wearing me down some. I have been taking the hydrocodone for pain and it helps some but not as much. I really am hoping that I do not have to end up getting shots. Doesn't it seem like it never ends always something isn't it? You take care maybe the warmer weather and longer daylight will help.
Talk to you soon,
Theresa
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:35 PM

ilv2so6 you want to start with mild exercise like stretching exercises. Walking is really good just keep increasing the pace and pump your arms if you want to get a little more cardio activity. My dd is in sports management, I'll ask her for a good website for you to check out.

Pocono, I have osteo arthritis in my back and a bit of a bulging disc. I also have arthritis in my wrist, hip, and oddly enough my feet. Everything that bounced and cracked, broke, sprained that day. Don't worry about the weight. It is what is in the heart that matters. You've got such a good heart.

I've been "grandmotherly" for far too long and dd wedding helped me decide that I didn't want to be heavy any more. (About 60lbs to lose.) Worked with doc to get my thyroid under control. He sent me to the orthopedic doc to get arthritis under control. From there had to visit with a shrink as I have a history of anorexia. Lots of steps to get to such a simple process.

Bookah, hope you sleep well tonight.

Catnapper, I ended up taking a 3 hour nap today after work. It really suprised me too. It really felt good though. Swear another 3 hour nap would feel great.

Have a great weekend ladies. I'm looking forward to mine.

Babs
Unread 04-13-2007, 08:24 PM

Hi Bab, I just passed my Nuclear Stress Test and they said everything was normal so now I feel so much better about that. I need to really start some type of program. I think just tending to a 5 month old is not the right type of excersice to do everyday. She really makes me ache by the end of the day the bending up and down it makes my knees, thighs, back and belly hurt by the end of the day. I noticed today we both laid down and took a two hour nap (felt great) and I didn't ache as much. I am really thinking that I have some adhesions. I have to trouble shoot a lot of my aches to find out what is causing them and how to eleviate the cause of pain. I do think a good program and a stretch like you said would help. I live out in a rural area and there is no place to walk. You have to drive everywhere so that doesn't help and I have no steps to climb. Need something. Have a good weekend.
Unread 04-13-2007, 09:19 PM

Hi Babs, thank you that was really sweet for you to say. I also think you have a good heart. Maybe we can support each other through this. I actually did about 15-20 minutes of exercise today just bec I felt that my leg pain is not going away no matter what I do so I might as well. I did some exercises that I would normally have done with my weights but did them without the weights and I did a few pilates stretches (the very simple ones) with my 11 year old. Please let me know what websites your dd thinks are good. I would appreciate knowing them too. My problem is the drs say my thyroid is fine but dieting does not seem to work for me over the past few years. Only when I started walking did I start to lose weight but that is when my leg pain kicked in. You definitely have a great incentive with your dd's wedding coming up.

Theresa, thanks for your thoughts. I tried ambien once a number of years ago and I had a really weird reaction. Scared the daylights out of my dh bec I was having nightmares but not completely asleept. Needless to say ambien is not for me.

Everyone have a great weekend!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register