Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 205 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi Bagpuss here. I'm doing really well except I have a stone in weight to lose. I went back to weightwatchers tonight. My incision has completly healed and I am looking foward to swimming this week. I still have a blood blister in the middle of my scar. Hopefully that will disappear soon. I have a large warty thing on my face. Guess what I've turned into a toad! No seriously the wart will be checked out by my GP and REMOVED. I am still struggling with tiredness and unfortunately my stress levels are rising again. I still have a considerable swelly belly and pulling pains from my incision. But hey life is good. No periods weird but keep finding tampons EVERYWHERE so into the bin they go YIPEE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi just popping in to say hello have posted on recovery reoprts. Have quickly read others posts. Singingmad is the pain in your bladder due to 'holding ability' ie that you can still hold on if necessary but it hurts to do so? I'm like that I know. Heres to happy singing. I've got lots coming up. Hi everyone and hugs
Unread 04-16-2007, 03:55 PM

Hey Bagpuss, glad to hear you're feeling better. A lot of us have been working on the weight thing for different reasons. You can always join us on the Lets Get Fit for 2007 Challenge. It's kind of nice having someone to bounce ideas for weight loss off of. I've been taking a quality multi vitamin and that seems to have helped with the tiredness. It also helped resolve some of the anemia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2007, 06:10 PM

hey everyone! I have lots of posts to read, and I started with the last page I missed. Haven't caught up yet biut wanted to add something to the mattress discussion.
We bought an organic wool batting and natural latex mattress and LOVE IT! They also sell plain latex mattresses and they are fantastic. VERY similar to memory foam, but without all the carcinogens that come along with the memory foam. Doing research on the memory foam, I am shocked they are allowed to sell it~ especially touting health benefits for it.
If you go to Daxstores.com (I think that is the address), you can read a little bit about it.
They are fantastic and yes, a bit more expensive than other mattresses, but not much more and they last sooo much longer and even better- are not actually BAD for you! Investing in a mattress takes a lot of money- but it's important to get one that is nice and comfy- and also one you don't have to replace every 10 years! The latex is naturally resistant to bacteria and it repels dust mites- they can't get in!!
They also make latex pillows and those are fantastic.
Instead of replacing my children's mattresses, we bought latex toppers and they made a huge difference in comfort level and even with allergies.
HIGHLY recommend them!!
Hope everyone is doing well...
Unread 04-16-2007, 06:17 PM

thanks pia
i learned a lot from your post. I had no idea about the carcinogens. It seems ridiculous that it is allowed. I'm going to check out the website, because I could use a topper for my boys beds.
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:00 PM

Hi Ladies,
I went to the dr about my pains and I have to go get ct scan of my abdomen and pelvis to check on that hematoma from the hysterectomy. He was surprised me surgeon did not follow up on this. Great. He also said because the hydrocodone isn't helping the pain and doing a further exam it maybe nerve pain. I had a feeling that was part of it. I also think a lot is the hysterectomy and adhesions. I have not been diagnosed with that yet but I am going to see my gastro DR in a couple of weeks to see what he says too. Then I asked about my Stress Test results to see what he said my dr said no scar tissue or damage was done to the heart everything looked normal except for the blockage that I had. WHAT A RELIEF! I was happy about that. So I guess onto the gastro, nueroligist (spelling) and maybe find a new gyn. I like my gyn/onc but think I need a new gyn. He kind of let the ball drop when I saw him back in August and I lost some faith in him. (He forgot why I was in to see him) He didn't read my chart to see I had an MRI. transvaginal ultrasound and abdominal ultrasound and was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst (HUGE). Well what are you gonna do right? Well talk to you ladies later. Felt good to let that out.
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:06 PM

Hi everyone. Glad to hear that most of us are doing so much better.

Laura and Froggie - I went back and looked at the posts at the beginning and what a difference. For anyone that does not realize how much better they are doing just take a look.

Bagpus - A lot of us have weight issues. I just got my proactive in and will start using it tomorrow. I am breaking out unbelievably. I used to get one blemish (trying to say it nicely) around my period but now I have like 4 at a time. If the proactive does not work I will be going to the dermatologist.
Hugs to everyone!
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:39 PM

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say hi. It has been a long day today. We lost power at about 4:30 a.m. but luckily it was back on by 8:30 a.m. It could have been a lot worse. Kids did not have school today. Did not get a lot of snow but sure did get a lot of rain and wind and tree limbs coming down. I will post more tomorrow.

I can't believe what happened in Virginia. I feel terrible for all those families who have lost someone. I can't imagine how these families will get through this. I feel when you send your kids to school you think they will be safe there.

Hope everyone is feeling ok and made it through the storm.

Elizabeth - I will say a prayer for your co-worker. It must have been real scary where you are.

Pia - Thanks for the info on the beds I will also look into it and I still need to get more info from Laura.

I am sorry if I left anyone out but will catch up more tomorrow.
Unread 04-16-2007, 11:03 PM

Hello everyone,
Sounds like we're all on the other side of recovery. Be patient with whatever you are still going through because you know "this too shall pass." Just think, the gas certainly did!! I am into my new me, especially without birth control pills and periods! I realized a week or so ago that I was on the pill for 27 YEARS!! Missed a year for each of my 2 children. That's forever!!! No wonder I go to bed at night thinking, hmmm what pill should I be taking??? NONE!! Hurray! Let's remember to drink lots of water, continue to pamper ourselves, listen to our bodies, and most of all enjoy life!
Unread 04-17-2007, 07:24 AM

Hi everyone.

June - Do you want to come do my spring cleaning since you are so good at it? (LOL) Sounds like everything is going really well with your move. That is so great.

Theresa - Sorry you are having trouble.

Singingmad - Glad to hear your rehearsal went well and hope your job interview went well.

I was just watching the news about the killings at Virginia Tech. It is so sad and I just sat there crying. It makes me want to wrap my kids up and never let them out of my sight. I can't believe someone could actually do this no matter what kind of psychological problems they have. I will talk to everyone later.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register