Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 206 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-17-2007, 07:37 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hmmmm... maybe it is holding on. Cause I usually feel it in the morning. And for the first time in years I don't get up during the night! I'm thinking its just that muscle (like the others) still recovering. I've asked a few friends who've gone through this and they said that bladder pain will stick around for a while yet. But I am so happy that after singing for most of the day Saturday I wasn't hoarse at all by the end. A bit tired, but it was obvious my stomach muscles were doing their thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 08:25 AM

Hey Nanette,
I feel better so much better about my heart though that was great news. As for the other at least my dr has direction to give me and last night he gave me lyrica to go along with my hydrocodone and my legs and body didn't hurt in the night. That made me so happy.
As for the Virigina Tech thing that is absolutly horrible. My niece has just been excepted to a nearby university and she says its a beautiful campus there. Virigina has some of the most serene places to visit lots of history and mountains just a wonderfuly calming place to visit. So sad that someone like this has put an event into VA's history.
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:01 AM

I have a question. Since I was only released at 8 1/2 weeks to resume all activities today is my first day where I am really bending a lot - I am having pulling and pain right on the incision area. Did anyone else have this when 1st starting to bend a lot. I have stopped what I am doing because it is getting me a little nervous. Incision wise I had been feeling pretty good with just some pulling when driving. I guess I need to post a new thread about this but I really wanted to know from my hystersisters who are at about the same recovery time as I am.
Thanks for any answers.
Hugs to everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 09:05 AM

Nanette~I have really started working out and I am getting a pulling sensation and slight pain on my right side. I think it is because I am using those muscles. I would also be interested to know if anyone else is having this! Elizabeth
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:06 AM

Hi Bagpus - I was rereading the posts and realized you still have pulling. Do you have any pain also? I do not know what a stone in weight means but after reading yours earlier I laughed when I was reading late last night. I love to read and I have started reading the mysteries by Carol Higgins Clark. I like them because while they are mysteries they are not the real gory scary kind and they are a quick read. Anyway I am reading the book, Decked, and while part of the book takes place in England it is mentioned by someone that they need to lose a stone in weight so I think it is the equivalent of when we say pounds but let me know. I also keep finding pads that I have not thrown out yet. Talk to you soon.
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss45
Hi Bagpuss here. I'm doing really well except I have a stone in weight to lose. I went back to weightwatchers tonight. My incision has completly healed and I am looking foward to swimming this week. I still have a blood blister in the middle of my scar. Hopefully that will disappear soon. I have a large warty thing on my face. Guess what I've turned into a toad! No seriously the wart will be checked out by my GP and REMOVED. I am still struggling with tiredness and unfortunately my stress levels are rising again. I still have a considerable swelly belly and pulling pains from my incision. But hey life is good. No periods weird but keep finding tampons EVERYWHERE so into the bin they go YIPEE.
Hi Bagpuss! I too have "warty things" growing on my neck....i think they are called skin tags. I believe they are a result of hormones....I am going to have them removed as well. The joys of trying to maintain our beauty!!! My weight is an issue as well....I did weight watchers a few years back, time to rejoin I guess.
Feel better soon!
Janette
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:20 AM

Hi Elizabeth - You must have been posting at the same time. I posted a new thread about this on pre op so I will let you know if I get any responses or of course, you can check it too. I realized that it will be 10 weeks for us tomorrow, I was thinking 9. Where does the time go. I also forgot that I was sweeping today too. So now I got nervous and I am going to rest. I just keep thinking that I had so many adhesions that I don't want to do anything that will cause that many to come back.

Hi Janette - Our names rhyme - I am sure you don't care (lol) but many times when I have told people my name they say Janette or Lanette, don't know why. Sorry to say I have been told skin tags are something you can get with age and has nothing to do with our hysterectomies but could possibly be our hormones changing as we get older. I know someone who is in her early 30's and said she was reading an article that said when we start to get older (in our 40's) we can start to get skin tags. Take care.
Nanette
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:27 AM

I'm 31 and I have had skin tags for about 5 years. I don't know if they are related to hormones. I have alot of moles so I think that's why I have them!
Unread 04-17-2007, 09:38 AM

Hi Elizabeth - I was told some people get them and some don't. My dermatologist said if you get them they usually run in the family. My parents never had them, my sister has had some just as she has hit her 50's and I have had them probably starting in my 30's. I did notice that some of my first cousins on my dad's side gets them too.
Nanette
Unread 04-17-2007, 10:19 AM

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but my sister got skin tags when she was in her 20's!!! Certainly not age in her case. As for the pulling and all, I DID get that when I started bending and it eventually gets easier. That skin, just like the muscles underneath, have to get back in shape. I'd recommend cocoa butter or vitamin e oil if its the incision itself that is feeling pulled. If its the muscles complaining underneath, just take it slowly and you should be okay. At 8 1/2 to 9 weeks the basic healing should be well underway. But definitely you'll be feeling tender with scattered aches, pains, pulls and discomfort through month SIX from what I've been told! A friend I got together with over this weekend said she couldn't really say she DIDN'T feel any discomfort until she hit that six month mark... so no matter how much she'd "gotten back on her feet" she was still sensitive in that area for a while beyond the initial "release" by the doc. My own doc told me the same thing... give it a good six months before you can expect to be totally pain free, and a total of 12 months before you're totally healed!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register