Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 217 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-24-2007, 06:07 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Good morning everyone. I have not been on for a few days and have missed a lot. Hopefully, I don't leave anyone out.

Janette (humdjm) So sorry about the loss of your beloved cat. I hope you are feeling a little better.

Laura - Way to go with cleaning the yard and mowing. I also have to admit I have only partially mowed a lawn once in my life but that is bec of my bad back. It sounds like you did a very impressive job. S

Theresa - So glad to hear you are doing so well. I will talk to you soon.

Singingmad - Good luck with getting the job. Your office does not sound like one I would want to work it. Don't you just love it when you work so hard and no one appreciates it or admits to it.

To everyone who has not posted for a while - Glad to see you are all doing so well.

Hugs to everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 06:11 AM

Good morning everyone!

For those of you with cramps. I had cramps at about 4 weeks and the dr said they are phantom cramps. We are really feeling them but it is like when someone loses a limb. They feel it even though it is not there. Mr dr. did not say how long they would last and I have not had any since. But I am still definitely having my pms symptoms which he had warned me with keeping my ovaries that that would happen.

Hugs to everyone!
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:55 AM

LOL Guess its the farm girl in me knowing about that rabbit thing. I think some fish do the same thing... they sense danger in their environment and so don't have the babies... let's just say though, that you don't WANT to know what rabbits do if the babies are BORN and the mom senses danger! EEEEEEeeeek! Anyway, its the theory I'm going on with my own eggs! As my brother reminds me, they're getting old and dried up anyway... can't be MUCH trouble for my body to absorb..... NIIIIIIIIICE!

tia3573 I dealt with the dizziness when changing positions as well. Now that you mention it I realize I haven't had that problem for about a week.... but it seemed anytime I leaned or moved onto my left side I got major vertigo... even when I was lying down. Not sure what that was a result of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 08:28 AM

Hi everyone I am still getting cramps to. I went to the Dr on fri he took some test so I am waiting for him to call me back. I also still have those bad pains befor I go to the bath room man thoses hurt so bad. I am hoping to go back to work soon. I am not a 100% yet but I need to get out of the house so I don't gain 20lbs. I hope all of you get better have a great day bye!
Unread 04-24-2007, 09:15 AM

Hi everyone,

I am off work today and feeling pretty good!

RobinRN, I was very worried about going back to work at 6 weeks also. I ended up going back at 8 weeks. At 2 weeks I still was very tired and had pain if I tried to do too much. Each week makes a lot of difference. At 4 weeks I was starting to feel better and I pushed myself to increase my stamina. Not a good idea, I had pain for about a week after that. When I finally went back to work the first week I did 8 hour shifts and that went pretty well. Now I am 10 weeks and have been doing 12 hour shifts they are hard and I am sore and swollen after a shift. I like doing my 12 hour shifts together normally so I can get a 4 day stretch. But since I have been back I have been doing one day on one day off. I had a TAH which the recovery time is 6-8 weeks. I am not sure what the recovery time is on LAVH but I would recommend taking the most time you can. I also worry still when I go to work about being pulled because I am not totally healed. It's hard enough to work the area that you are comfortable especially when it is really busy! Keep in touch! Let me know how your recovery is going!

Princess 48,
I hope your tests turn out well.

pocono, singingmad, catnapper, tia, yomiss, and anyone I may have forgot. I hope you are all recovering well!

I have a friend that had a hysterectomy years ago and everytime I begin to worry why I still have pain occasionally and feel so tired, she says "It takes a good year to recover completely" So I guess we are all still healing!
Unread 04-24-2007, 10:10 AM

Hi Nanette, what a great week so far. Yesterday ONE I SAY ONE HOT FLASH the entire day. Yippee. In the begining I was having about 20 an hour. I am not kidding. The weather is great I have my windows open and there is a beautiful breeze. I actually have been thinking about sex in a positive way now. Actually wanting to not because I need to do it for health reasons but because I want to. I still dread finding out what may happen (pain etc) Oh well have to sometime. I just drank my barium drink for my CT SCAN today and it was not that bad it was a berry flavor. So I am hoping by the end of the week they can tell me if there is anything there or what could possibly becausing this pain I get in my lower belly. Oh well back to my sewing. I have to finish alterations on a prom gown and get to my daughters wedding gown and her flowers girls dress. Talk to you later. Have a springy day.
Unread 04-24-2007, 12:08 PM

yay for you ilv2so6! Glad the playground thoughts are a positive thing. It WILL be scary at first but check out the grounds on your own first if you're concerned.... your stomach may be tender but if you approach it all with fun and gentleness it'll probably be much more fun than you anticipate! Best of luck with the gowns! At this time last year I was preparing to sew my OWN wedding dress and my DP's suit!!!! Happy to say both came out great (although I had a stomach on me much larger than I do today due to the tumor) and THIS summer any sewing that gets done will be less time sensitive!
Unread 04-24-2007, 12:17 PM

Thanks singingmad, I hope that the mood is right and everything goes well. Hubby and i use to have some fun times and maybe it will come back. :-) I for the first time bought my gown and didn't make it for my daughters wedding. With my belly gone I was not sure what size that I was in and really didn't have the paitence to do it. So I went out and picked out something that I never in a million years would have thought that I would buy and that was a corset type gown. It has little straps and it look like a skirt and top but is actually not and has a little bolero jacket. I was so surprised that I had no bulging over skin overhanging it all looked smooth. I just love it made me feel wonderful. I think I needed that little boost. :-)
Unread 04-24-2007, 01:33 PM

Sounds beautiful. That's actually what I MADE a corset top and separate skirt. Unfortunately though, due to my stomach hiding a football sized tumor, the waist measurements were a bit weird and it actually was too loose around the waist! So I pinned it to make it smaller the day of the wedding... and it ended up catching just under my tummy... so in SOME pics it looks like I"m about 6 months or so pregnant... which is just about what my gyn said I SHOULD look like back then! LOL Anyway, there were plenty of nice pics and we didn't have formal pics taken so I can crop my tummy out of everything if I want! MY DP's outfit was a gorgeous mandarin style long jacket in a lovely chocolate brown silk with orchids embroidered all over it, then brown watered silk trousers and a gold silk tank. I actually liked her outfit better than mine! Plus our dog had a jacket that matched my DP's because he was our ringbearer! LOL We had fun in any case and it was the ceremony of our dreams and then some! I'm sure yours will be fun and having a store bought dress you can relax that much more! YAY!!!!! Cause relaxing and enjoying the day is really the best way to go.
Unread 04-24-2007, 03:21 PM

I know what you mean about looking pregnant. My gyn said that mu uterus was the size of a 3 month pregnancy and that was not including the ovarian cyst that was the size of a softball or the fibroid tumors. I look at pictures from 2 years ago and I couldn't believe how large my belly looked compared to now. My oldest daughter was married in 2004 and now the youngest daughter this year a what a difference in the years. I just got back from my ct scan so my dr should have the results in a couple of days to see if I have any lingering problems that could be picked up. I like the madarine style and I especially love silk. I have so wantedto make myself somerthing out of silk but do not want to spend the $$$ on the fabric only to not like it. Yeah I tend to go and relaxe this time around.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register