Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 218 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

We have a discount fabric store near us that sells amazing silk for "cheap money". Both her and my outfits in total for all fabrics cost $200.... to me that was cheap. But you're right. If you spend all that time sewing and it doesn't come out well it'd be very disappointing.

I just got some very good news!!!! I got the job I interviewed for last week! They're paying me what I asked, I get more vacation time, sick time, and fully paid benefits WITH short term disability! Woohooo!!!! I'm going out with me DP for a celebration dinner!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 04:30 PM

$200. is good. I have to go into Philadelphia to Fabric Row to buy good fabrics but then you have to watch that the fabric is not old and dry rotted. That is not in all stores, you just have to watch. I love making window treatments for my house, that's fun and a little safer.
Congratulations on the job. That is fantastic. Benefits are so important, I have found that out even more since this surgery. I'd say you two should go and celebrate good for you. Have fun.
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:31 PM

Singingmad - Just dropped in for a quick look. Congratulations!!!!
That is great news. Enjoy your dinner. You definitely deserve it.

Theresa - I did not realize there are so many people that can sew around. I can't sew for anything except buttons on shirts. I made one dress in my lifetime and that was in home economics many, many years ago.
Let us know when you get your ct results. I am hoping all goes well and it is nothing serious.

Talk to everyone soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 05:57 PM

I am surprised too on the amount of us that sew. It can be fun. I am hoping that they don't find anything serious too. My family dr said that the hematoma should have been rechecked from the hysterectomy and was surprised that it was not followed up on. I should know by Thursday on the results. I have a feeling that the grandbaby isn't helping matters much either. It has been getting easier since she requires less picking up. Need to find a new gyn.
How's the mountains? I bet they are getting pretty right now.
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:17 PM

Hi everyone,

Singingmad Congratulations on your new job!!

Theresa good luck on your ct scan.

Pocono I am with you on that sewing thing. I can sew on buttons, but it is not my favorite thing to do.

Will post later
Unread 04-24-2007, 08:30 PM

LOL I used to HATE sewing. Then way back when I fell into a job as a costume designer for a summer stock company and learned how easy sewing can be. Figured if I could spend a whole summer sewing costumes for someone else, I could certainly sew a few outfits for myself. Next thing you know I"m sewing suits and coats and all.... but I kind of stopped doing that when I started having a busy social life and went back to grad school. Now I just do it occasionally if I can't find something I want in the store. Its really like doing a puzzle. You cut out the pieces and fit them all together. THe tricky part is figuring out what size you are... cause you NEVER want to believe you're the size the pattern companies tell you. I can be a size 6 or 8 in the store but buying a pattern I usually fit into a 14! Not the most uplifting thing to realize if you're having a bad day! LOL

Yeah, I"m excited about the job. Nervous about giving my notice but glad to be making the change in careers and being fortunate enough to be ABLE to change careers when I'm almost 50!!!
Unread 04-24-2007, 09:32 PM

Congrats on the new job, Madeline. I'm so happy for you.

I used to do some sewing and even made a dress once but have to say it's not really my cup of tea. I do enjoy cross stitch and crochet...probably because it's hand work and I can do it while watching tv with a kitty on my lap.

I had a good time at my store's Relay for Life fundraiser at the bowling alley tonight. It's been at least 25 yrs. since I last bowled and I got a strike on the very first frame! Of course, there were plenty of gutter balls, too. My tummy feels okay but my thumb hurts. Oh well, it's for a good cause.

Nan, I'm glad to see you're back on. You're such a regular on here that I was beginning to wonder.

Take care everyone.
Unread 04-24-2007, 10:00 PM

Hi Laura, I have actually been taking benadryl the past few nights which for those of you who may not know is the ingredient in tylenol pm that makes you sleep. I found that out in the hospital. They gave it to me while I was there. So while I am not quite sleeping through the night it makes me exhausted so that when I wake up in pain I am not really up to come to the computer. The benadryl makes me very groggy and even a little dizzy during the day but I am so desperate to get some sleep which by the way I fell asleep at 10:30 and I am already awake. I love coming on the computer so will always be here. Before this I was never on a chat site. However, has anyone noticed we have lost a lot of our group Kappel, Img420, Reb, even Pia and Elizabeth have not really been on lately. I know everyone is getting back to work and their lives - even I did not really get on the past few days. Laura, I'm with you sewing is not my cup of tea. My sister can sew but has not made anything in a while - she even used to make clothes for all her friends kids dolls - the Cabbage Patch ones. She can also knit and crochet. She taught me once to crochet but can't remember how to do it anymore. I used to do needlepoint but have not done that in a long time either. Glad you had a good time bowling something I also have not done in a while. I too would have a lot of gutter balls. Hope your thumb feels better.

Cindy, so glad to see you posting. I love the icons.

Hugs to everyone.
Unread 04-24-2007, 10:30 PM

Hi, Nan. Too bad you're having such a hard time staying asleep. Have you always had this trouble or is it just since the surgery? I've taken Benadryl before but hate the grogginess. If I remember correctly, it also makes my mouth dry. I'll be up for a while longer if you want to chat.

Also wanted to mention that I too have noticed we're missing some sisters. It would be nice to hear from some of the gals who haven't posted in a while. I suppose you're right about everyone being busier now that so many of us are back to work.
Unread 04-24-2007, 11:01 PM

Hi Laura, where are you? I came back but your gone. I have had trouble sleeping bec of my back for about 4 years and it has gotten progressively worse but since surgery it is even worse. I did not think it could get this bad which is why I am going for the shots in my back.
I think I missed you so I hope you have a good night and don't work too hard tomorrow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register