Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 225 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hey Ladies, just thought I'd pop in and say hey. Been working everyday at the store and probably will untill Memorial Day. All has been going well. Glad to read that you got into the docs you wanted and that tests turned out ok. Will post more later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2007, 08:46 PM

tia3573,
I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter's campus fright. Seems alot of campuses are experiencing copy cat scares right now. My dd has been fortunate to not have had that happen at Bluffton. 2 weeks and you'll be a grandma! Congrats!
Unread 04-29-2007, 12:14 AM

Hi Babs, just saying hi. I was thinking the other day that it seemed like it has been a while since you posted. Glad to hear everything is going well.

Hi Laura - sorry I missed you last night.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2007, 01:58 AM

Hi everyone
yep, I went back to work and we seem to be getting a bit more busy. I have decided not to watch too much news - makes me too nervous and when our local paper ran that photo of the VT shooter I cancelled the paper - I'd rather hear about the victims than see a big photo of him. My "Armenian" son (AFS exchange student in 96-97 came for dinner tonight and suprised us with the news he and his girlfriend got married in January - they will have a big wedding next summer but wow! I can't believe it - I was hoping to hear they were officialy engaged - but he was always a pit precocious!
Hope everyone has a good Sunday!
Reb
Unread 04-29-2007, 11:32 AM

Tia3573 - Congratulations you will be a grandma soon! I am sorry to say I do believe that this is what the media does bec they kept putting this guy's picture out there so other idiots now feel this is the way to get attention.

I do have a question for everyone else. I notice that above my incision I am still numb in the middle. Is anyone else still feeling numb?

Thanks,
Nanette
Unread 04-29-2007, 03:44 PM

Hi, Nan. This will probably drive you nuts since you are having such problems sleeping, but I have to tell you I was so wiped out last night that I went to bed and slept for 11 hrs. straight. I hope I can sleep tonight. Sometimes when I "catch up" I'm too wired the next night to sleep. Anyway, I'm taking advantage of the energy I have today to do some spring cleaning. Wouldn't it have been nice if we could have had the energy to catch up on housework when we had all that time off?

Hi, Babs. This must be the busy season for you with people wanting to spruce up their homes. Does your store also sell bedding plants?

Reb, glad to hear you're back at work. I hope it's going okay.

Okay, back to the cleaning gig. Talk to you all later.

Laura
Unread 04-29-2007, 03:48 PM

I have some numbness still, too. I was having some sort of sharp pains a couple of days ago around my incision and have since decided that it's the nerves reconnecting. Don't know if that's true but that's my theory.
Unread 04-29-2007, 04:55 PM

Hi folks,
I also have some numbness on part of my incision. I think that is nerves cut during the surgery. I have a friend that had a hysterectomy over 10 years ago and still has no feeling on part of her incision.

On the couch: Sounds like maybe ibs. There is no cure but sometimes taking metamucil once a day will help keep it at bay. That is what my GP prescribes. Just a thought

Tia: Congratulations on being a grandma soon!

Singingmad: When is your new job supposed to start? Congrats on the job.

Jayne: That is very scary what's happening at the colleges with copy cat crazies! I hope your kidney stone passes with no further problems.

Babcocks: I wish I had your energy.

Nannette, Bookah, catnapper, and anyone else I may have missed hope everything is going well.

For me now that I am doing well from the hysterectomy and cancer. It has made getting healthier a higher priority for me. So I joined weight watchers and I am eating less processed foods and more organic. Also more vegetables and fruits. The first week I lost 5 lbs but probably some water weight! Now I just have to motivate myself to exercise more. It is amazing how many more recipes and variety there are now. There are even some great recipes here on hystersisters site! I am still challenged with drinking enough water. Having great weather here in Missouri and planted some flowers. Only in the planters just in case I need to bring them in.

See ya later, you guys rock
Unread 04-29-2007, 05:05 PM

Hi Ladies, thanks for letting me know if you have numbness still.

Cindy - good job on mentioning everyone. I also am trying to eat healthier and drink more water. I actually carry a bottle of water with me whenever I go out. So if I get thirsty I have my water handy. I don't know if this would help you but maybe you could try it.

Laura - I don't like you anymore - only kidding (lol). That would be my dream to be able to sleep 11 hours through. I am hoping to get back to 7 and would be jumping for joy. But you must have needed it. Have fun with your spring cleaning. I am still trying to get up the energy to do mine. Talk to you soon.

Everyone have a great evening!
Unread 04-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Congratulations to all of you and myself for the successful recoveries. It's amazing how great everyone is sounding. Those of you who are still having some issues, hang in there, it will get better. I have a question for flatfroggie and anyone else who may have noticed a difference in the Big "O" now that our playgrounds are active again. Is it seeming to be less powerful, longer to achieve, not as earthshaking?? A friend who also had a hysterectomy said it may take some time, but to be patient. Of course, I'm believing that my mind is in the way: thinking too much. I also believe that the uterus is a big factor since it held so much blood and the rush that I would normally feel has no where to rush from, lol! Well, I'd love to know what others are feeling. Have a good week and remember to pamper yourselves.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register