Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 228 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 05-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Ouch bagpuss! Sounds like the combination of all that singing AND allergies got the best of you! I was in NYC and all the trees are blooming now so I had some major problems with breathing and with my eyes swelling up. Today I took a reditab which helps with the eyes but not so much with my breathing. I'm heading to a big conference Friday for singing and will probably singing pretty much non-stop with our big competition performance Saturday afternoon... I"m going to stock up on the redi-tabs and hope for the best! By Sunday I'll no doubt be like you.... ready to tie myself to the bed and rest rest rest!!!! Hope you're feeling better soon!
Madeline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 09:29 AM

Thanks Madeline. Whatever way you look at it I overdid it. We had small group rehearsal on Friday then rehearsal for the wedding solo most of Saturday afternoon. I sing in small group mostly a capella two people to a part so I couldn't let them down. There was an early anthem by Peter Phillips quite challenging. I presume that you all knew that our thread would be closed?
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:18 AM

Bagpus - So sorry you are not feeling well. My allergies have started acting up but nothing like what you are having. My ds gets the really bad allergies right now which every year at this time causes him to have asthma. Then by the middle of June he is fine again.

Hi Madeline - It would be great to meet. Hopefully we could work it out. My dh works across the street from WTC.

Jayne - I am so sorry about what you and your dd are going through. It must be so scary. I really wish the media would wise up and not have posted that guy's picture so much bec I really believe it sets up other idiotic kids to think they will get famous for doing this kind of stuff.

Hi to everyone else. I am hoping everyone has a good day today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 10:21 AM

Yes, my music is a capella too. And while currently I sing in a section that has more than two people, my voice is one of the "big" ones, so when I'm not there its noticed. Still and all when we did our weekend long retreat, I excused myself for a two hour nap cause I KNEW I'd be of more value after I rested. This weekend will be different. We'll be singing for fun Friday... then a couple hours of run through practicing choreo AND singing... then lots of hurry up and wait time while we move through the competition process.... posing for photos, practicing the beginning and end of the songs we're doing, lots of walking... constantly in high heeled shoes! We're third to last in the line of competitors so at least we won't have long to wait when we're done! Then if we win we have to perform again at night so it'll be a long day.... but fun, and worth the pain I'm sure I'll be feeling next! LOL Peter Phillips... name doesn't sound familiar. What type of piece is it?
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:28 AM

It's called 'Surgens Jesus' Peter Phillips is very early having been born in 1560. I dont think I could do the competition thing. Best wishes. I suppose that I have big voice too so I have to bring it down a notch or two. You certainly know when to rest.
Unread 05-01-2007, 10:35 AM

It is a sacred choral piece written for SSATB
Unread 05-01-2007, 11:28 AM

Ok ladies you must have been posting while I was also posting.

Wow - I wish I could sing but I can't. Only my kids like my singing since I have been singing to them since the day they were born.

Madeline - Good luck with the competition.

Bagpus - No one knew they were closing the thread. I went to look at it I guess 2 nights ago and first Katherine had posted a note about what was appropriate to post on the post op thread and then they deleted that and posted that they were closing it. If you look they have decided to close a number of the post op threads including the ones from December. I know from my point of view that we will all still be here for you and you can post on this thread anything you need to talk about having to do with your recovery. I know everyone else has been wearing jeans but I wore jeans for the first time yesterday and was very glad they fit and did not feel too much pressure on my incision. I was actually only released to resume all activities after I think it was 9 1/2 weeks. We are all still recovering and hopefully every day getting a little bit better.
Unread 05-01-2007, 11:33 AM

Ok y'all! Here comes some TMI! I had the best time at the playground last night! I feel like a different person! It's actually fun to have a husband! I never knew that before!
Hope y'all have a good day! Elizabeth

(Am I supposed to post this somewhere else?)
Unread 05-01-2007, 11:34 AM

To Poco I really pleased that you fit in your jeans now. I think I'm just feeling really lousy from the hayfever and coughing. However I really overdid it at the weekend so consequently spent yesterday in bed. I saw my GP yesterday who said to take two days off. I went back today. I think I have had a warning that I overdid things in terms of my hyster as all the pulling and hurting came back again. You seem very sensible Poco and wise I really value your input on this forum. Thankyou.
Unread 05-01-2007, 11:40 AM

Hey Nanette I too couldn't stand wearing jeans because of the way they feel on the insicion site. I fit into them better now but I cann't stand the front seams on anything. It still bothers me. I know its me not the jeans (dah) Today is a good day. I am feeling good today how long that last I don't know. I cannot sing either. Some places I have put some comments on and they never got posted. I don't have a clue why either. Oh well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register