Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 231 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 05-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss45
I'm feeling really bewildered as our recovery thread has been closed. I'm not ready to give up this. Others who had their hysts in December still had their forums open. I'll probably look on the UK as I'm still feel that I'm needing a lot of support. Some of the emotional issues are still coming to the surface. My scar might have physically healed but it still pulls twists and burns. If these were issues to do with my recovery last week why are they no longer valid to post on that recovery forum. I dont want any bird song or lines of poetry I just want to tell it as it is. At 11 and a half weeks I'm still hurting.
*All* recovery progress threads will now be closed after 8 weeks. The recovery progress threads are intended to be a place to report how you are doing and were never meant to be *discussion* threads.

Questions and/or concerns about recovery should be discussed by starting a new thread in the Post Op forum. There are many women posting there and lending their experience who had their hysterectomy months and even years ago. They stick around to "give back" some of what they received when they were recovering. If you only discuss your recovery with women who share your surgery week you are not benefitting from all that this website has to offer.

Have you mentioned to your doctor that you are still hurting at 11 weeks post op?

Please feel free to venture out and explore the Post Op forum. There are many wonderful ladies just waiting to lend a hand. And while you're out there you might want to visit the PreOp forum and lend your experience to those ladies still waiting for their date. That's what Hystersisters is all about....women helping women.

I hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 08:39 AM

We have an appointment to take my mom in this morning. I'm guessing they'll do an exam and a blood test and she MAY need to schedule a colonoscopy. She had one a few years ago and they found one small polyp that was removed and was cancerous. But from what she's describing, it sounds like she may have just torn something. The bleeding was only slight last Friday and again last night... nothing this morning. Best to get it checked now though.

I'm going to FL later this month. We're going down for a niece's graduation, and a little get away. We rented a convertible and are hoping to do a little beach bumming, dinner out, maybe a visit to Seaworld.... I"m also taking my DM down so she can go stay with my DB who lives down there. I can't wait!!!!!!!!! LOL
Unread 05-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Today is my big day, I follow up with my dr about my HRT, my brain MRI, my c/t scan (kidney stone & ibs), and the the lack of sleep. My dd goes back to college after the shooting threat, they can't use backpacks or pocketbooks there (is it really over??) . She too follows up with the dr from her ultrasound (ovarian cysts).I am sure I will have lots to say after our visits, so I will chat then. Have a great day ladies.
Jayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 09:09 AM

That's definitely a big day Jayne! Best of luck with it ALL and hopefully your DD finds college as "back to normal" as possible! It stinks what's going on around the country in this respect. But at least they're taking steps to keep people safer.
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:11 AM

Hi Jayne - Good luck with everything today. Tell your dd I am also wishing her good luck with everything. I too am hoping eveything is back to normal with the schools.
Nanette
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:27 AM

Hi all glad that everyone is so industrious. I think that my scar burning and pulling is just when I have done too much. I went to the docs on Monday but she was mainly concerned about my asthma and my allergies which are still quite bad. I'll get her to look at my scar next time and if I'm still concerned I can make an appointment to see my consultant. As it is private so long as BUPA agrees I can go to see him. I very pleased with my overall recovery but I dont really know when I've over done it. I also needed a referral for my wart. Maybe some of my concerns are psychological ones and I know that there is a forum where I can post for that. I have gained a lot from hyster sisters. I was very 'green' before I discovered the site. Simple things like the checkpoints and what to take to hospital helped a lot. Thank you.
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Wow, what a day. I found out that I have a kidney stone(no obstruction), a cyst on my liver, and diverticulitis (?? spelling). My dr wants me to take a medication (can't remember what it is called), that you can't get from a CVS, Walgreens, or a local pharmacy. This company will contact me, after I pay for it ( no insurance taken), they grind up the medication and make it into a pill for me to take, crazy huh ? She thinks it will kick start whatever isn't working on it's own and I will feel better. I am up for anything at this point. My dd has polysistic ovarian syndrome, she has to go to a fertility center , then after 8 weeks back to see the dr.Her 1st day back to school was a little crazy, but the semester is over next week.Today her college was all over the news, which scared me a bit.So that was plenty for one day. When I find out more about my new meds I will fill you in. I hope everyone is doing well, and thanks to those sending messages. talk to you soon.
Jayne
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:58 PM

Hi everyone hope all is well with you all. I am ok good days bad days. Went for a walk today just around the block and that wore me out. I am afried to go back to work if i am tired from that how can I walk all day. My belly still get swallon to it *****.
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:11 PM

Hi, all. I just got home from a birthday dinner for a friend who turned 70 at a new restaurant in town. I had lamb which was delicious. Before dinner I went shopping to replace some of the clothing I dropped off at Goodwill. Is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to find clothes for work. We don't have to wear suits at work but need to look professional and it seems like all I see in the stores is t-shirts and styles for teenie boppers.

To you singing gals, I'm sure your director is very greatful that you've been such troopers in attending rehearsals and performances in spite of sore tummies. I used to direct a church choir and I know how it can upset the balance to be missing even one strong voice.

Guineapigs, I hope things start looking up for you and dd soon. It has to be a relief to at least know what's going on so you can do something about it.

Princess, I walk all day at my job, too. It was very tiring the first couple of weeks and my belly still swells on busier days but I'm really feeling pretty good now. Good luck to you. Have you decided when you're going back yet?

Nan, congrats on the 5 hrs. I hope the trend continues.
Unread 05-03-2007, 12:56 AM

Hi everyone. Well my trend has stopped. I am up after only sleeping about an 1 1/2.

Jayne -So sorry for all your trouble but it is good that you finally know what is bothering you and that it sounds like it will be taken care of with medication than anything more serious as surgery, I hope. I know on top of all this you must be so worried about your dd. I am glad her school re-opened but I know it must still be very scary.

Madeline - Any news on your mom?

Princess - If you can don't go back to work until you are truly ready. I tell people at this point I did not realize how tough this surgery was really going to be. I am doing so much better but also still have the incision pain and pulling when I have done too much. I went for a 10 minute walk today and while my leg started hurting a lot I was so excited to do it.

Hi Laura - sorry I missed you again. Sounds like you had a fun evening. Sorry you are having trouble finding work clothes. Maybe some smaller specialty stores would have a better selection or a Macy's if you have that or something like it near you.

Bagpus - Sounds like you are feeling better. I'm so glad.

Nanette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register