Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 232 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 05-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Good morning all!!

I had company all last weekend. My DS from lower Michigan, his girlfriend, and my grandson came on Friday. My daughter, daughter-in-law, and 2 granddaughters from upper michigan came on Saturday. It was so nice to have all the grandkids here!!! My DS set me up a myspace account. Now I have to call him and figure out what to do with it!!
We are all settled in our new home and loving it!! We tilled the garden and are continuing to work on the yard.
Reggie just loves being able to run and play. She has learned to sit and stay when I tell her. It is nice to have a place where I can work on training with her with few distractions.
I saw the dr. last week. He said the pain in my tummy is from the surgery and nothing unusual. Just as I thought. Said it would take quite awhile before I am completely healed. Now if I can convince DH it is nothing to worry about. He is still very cautious about what I do. It is nice...
Hope all is well with everyone. I have not been on-line very much, due to dial-up connection and being busy with the move etc. but I still am here in spirit..think about you all everyday.

Hugs to all!!

June
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2007, 07:04 AM

Hi here is why I am not going back to work yet first I am waiting for them to call me to come back to help. They are waiting for down town to let them know when they can hirer more help. Also I need a car that is not falling apart so I am really waiting on a few things. I want to go back to work now cause I am truly getting bored out of my mind. Thanks all for asking and helping me with my questions bye for now!
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:10 AM

Hey everyone,

I am in dire need of prayer. My medical situation has taken a turn for the worse and our home that was damaged by a shady roofer (huge mold damage) may be foreclosed on because the court case is taking too long.

Catnapper - I am with you on the clothes. I dont want my pants below my hips, my shorts above the top of my thigh, or my shirts to end above my navel. Trust me, it isn't pretty and I am a size 6.

Princess - It sounds like you are taking it at the right pace for you. My dr. said I will continue to have pains after exertion but I shouldn't worry about tearing anything at this point. I hope you feel "normal" soon.

Poco - Thank you, I will let my son know, he is being so cute about the whole thing.

Guineapig - I'm glad you got some answers but I hope you feel better soon. I know what it is like to come out of the dr. office with a laundry list.

Bagpuss - I hope you stick around with us. We love what you add to the group.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2007, 07:18 AM

Good morning everyone!

June - It is so great to hear that you are doing so well.

Princess - Good luck with finding a car. I was also told it would be a complete year before we are actually totally healed.

Bookah - So sorry for all your troubles. You are having a rough time but I know you are strong and will get through all of it.

Nanette
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:40 AM

Good morning everybody! We had some severe storms last night and they kept me up until about 3 am. I am really getting sick of Texas weather!(I've only lived here 23 years) But I guess I feel ok! I have already done my 100 crunches and 500 legs lifts. Just have to do the cardio now! All of this working out better pay off!!

I hope y'all have a great day! Remember, you are all in my prayers! Elizabeth
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Good morning everyone,I am going to take it easy today, do a little around the house and enjoy the day. I hope that will help.This is way harder than I ever expected, however those who are doing well give me hope I will get better too.Enjoy your day, I'll talk to you soon.
Jayne
P.S. thanks for the hugs
Unread 05-03-2007, 11:36 AM

Just an update. My mom's doc visit came out okay. Ended up she's torn some sensitive tissue and needs to give it a chance to heal... so I get to give her my colace!!! And she has to just watch and wait and be careful. But she's relieved its nothing worse.

Our big adventure at home, my DP and I fostered a puppy that needed serious surgery this week. His owners didn't want to pay or take care of him during recovery so the little guy was signed over to us, surgery was done and one whopping bill later he came home for the night last night. Its obvious he's had very little human interaction and LOVES to be loved.... he's a pit bull so we'll have trouble placing him in a new home, but he seems very agreeable and eager to learn things and LOVES to cuddle on the couch when he's sleepy. For now he'll be living with one of the techs while he recovers. He won't be ready for a new home for probably a couple months and although we'd love to, we can't have him at home with the three cats and other two dogs... but it turns out this is our "charity" each year we come across a pet who's owners don't want to take care of them and don't want to pay for the care needed... so we foot the bill (or a part of it) and try to find someone who'll provide a new home. Last year it was a poor lab who'd swallowed a finger puppet and needed surgery to have it removed.... this year its a pit bull with a shattered leg. But when they go to their new home where there's love in abundance and they're healthy and happy its a really nice feeling!

I won't be on here much over the weekend cause I'll be out singing so keep your fingers crossed for me and I'll let you know Monday if I've gotten a medal!!!
Madeline
Unread 05-03-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello all. Hello Madeline I'm glad that your Mother is getting better. Nan how do you survive on so little sleep? Bookah I'm really sorry about your health and personal issues at the moment. I have had a little peep at 'The National Hysterectomy Association' in the UK their web site. Not as interesting as Hystersisters although they do mention the site as a resource. Talk about putting the cart before the horse! Still think my loyalties lie with hystersisters as this site is easy to use and people are posting all the time so there is always something new to read and to share experiences. Hey you lot I'm twelve weeks post op today as are a lot of us BUT I'm still experiencing pain and pulling and tiredness. This is absolutely NORMAL ok. I have returned to work I'm running my home and looking after my nine year old. I have also returned to all of my singing so I think that is pretty good going. Very best of luck Madeline at the weekend. Please come home with a medal. To everyone thankyou for being there STIll.
Unread 05-03-2007, 12:02 PM

Hi Bagpus - I am so glad you are still with us. We would miss you if you leave. And as I have said before the drs say 6-8 weeks but I think that is just to be able to start doing things. My dr said complete healing would take a year. I think most of us still have pulling and some burning by our incision. It sounds like though you are doing most of the things you used to do. That is great. My lack of sleep makes me feel like I am 90 years old some days like today since all together I had about 3 hours last night but I took a 1 1/2 hour nap today since I know I have to go out tonight.

Madeline - Good luck this weekend. I know you'll do great no matter what the outcome but of course, we are all wishing you come home with a medal. Have fun! Glad to hear it was not anything serious with your mom.

Jayne - People don't know what to say to me when I say this is the toughest surgery I have had to go through and that recovery takes a long time. I have had 2 c-sections and gall bladder (laparoscopy) surgeries and there was no where near this amount of recovery time but then again that was over 12 yrs ago.

I hope everyone has a great afternoon.
Hugs to everyone.
Nanette
Unread 05-03-2007, 01:03 PM

I still have pulling and burning sensations near my incision and yesterday had some pretty sharp pains kind of in the center of my abdomen right behind my incision. I figure I must have been sitting at a bad angle. The only thing I really HATE is that since the surgery my arthritis has really kicked up. Especially in my spine. I keep telling myself its because my core muscles aren't back yet, so my spine is having to work a bit more than usual... but I do expect to discuss this with my GP when I see her next. I've never taken anything for my arthritis... had it since I was around 11 and just knew that some days would be tougher than others, but that was when it was just my hips, hands and feet. When its my back its something else all together!

We're hoping to win medals this weekend, but really just hoping to see that there's been some improvement from last year. I just returned in January to this group after a 10 year break. Some new faces, but some old ones too. Great group of women, and definitely an activity I enjoy, so win or not I'll enjoy the weekend! I'm at 12 weeks today too! I remember how I felt at this time 3 months ago and can say without a doubt that I am SO MUCH BETTER!!!!! I knew it would be a slow steady recovery so I"m okay with it all. I wish there were no twinges, but if those were gone, something else would take their place.

Hang in there bookah. So sorry things are looking so bleak. Health problems are one thing but to have house problems too... nasty! I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Elizabeth did you REALLY do all those crunches and leg lifts?!?!? You SHOULD see results or I'd be looking for a "refund"! LOL

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day and the weekend and I'll check back in on Monday.
Madeline

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register