Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 233 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

I forgot yesterday was 12 weeks for those of us who had our surgeries Feb. 7. Wow! Time goes by so quickly.

Elizabeth - How could I forget to mention the crunches and leg lifts. Very impressive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2007, 02:39 PM

Madeline~I guess if I get a refund, it would go towards all new clothes-1 size bigger!! I am really trying to STAY in all of my cute summer clothes and DO NOT want to go shopping!! Wish me luck! I have noticed I am getting swelly belly less so maybe the crunches are paying off!!

Has anyone tried the cellulite wraps? Mine is gravitating further and further south on my legs and it is driving me crazy!!

Nanette~I have been doing this for a week and a half now. Everyday I do about an hour and at night my legs feel like jello! I want to be sexy again. I've given up on getting back below 100lbs, but I would like to be more angley!(I know that isn't a word)

BTW~I really hate salad!

Y'all have a good night! Elizabeth
Unread 05-03-2007, 02:46 PM

hi everyone,

Singingmad - That is a really a great thing that you do for dogs needing surgery! Good luck on that medal!!

Bagpus Heres hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Princess - good luck on car and job!!

Bookah - I am so sorry you are having a hard time. I am praying for you!

Jayne - Sorry you are having a hard time!! It seems two steps ahead then 2 back!! I am also having a hard time right now.

rodswife- Very impressed with the exercising. Right now going to work is becoming quite challenging! Though I am trying to eat healthier!

Nanette - Hope everything is going well for you!

To anyone I may have forgotten I hope your recovery is going well!!

I posted a thread because after working two days in a row of 12 hour shifts I had to leave early. I had such a sharp pain in my left side it felt like a knife! Not that I have ever had a knife in my side. lol! With any activity such as walking, bending, etc. the pain increased. When I sat or rested the pain diminished! I also have been having a lot of swelling. I don't know maybe just overdoing it! Really ready to be over this surgery and get my life back! Guess I am just frustrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2007, 05:33 PM

OMG Rodswife! I do'nt remember if you've ever said how old you are but I think unless you're VERY short, at a certain age, getting "back below 100 pounds" is probably not a healthy goal! I used to be in that weight range when I was in my early 20's, I was a dancer and worked pretty much 6 days out of 7. I looked fine, was toned and in proportion and think I wore a size 7. But I got dangerously close to that in the past 10 years TWICE due to serious bouts of depression and we're talking 20 years later. I've SEEN pictures of myself at 23 and 102 pounds, and then at 43 and 102 pounds (size 0, no longer size 7!!!!).... BIG DIFFERENCE!!! At 43 and that weight I looked like a tootsie pop! Big head and VERY angular below that. Lots of people commented on how "great" I looked, but there were also lots of people who worried that I had cancer or some other serious illness... they just didn't want to say anything to me until later. Hopefully you can keep in mind that healthy weight isn't reflected by a number on a scale but by your body being able to keep itself warm, awake, and perhaps just a teeny bit more padded as you get older! If yo'ure still only in your 20's then I take it all back.... LOL

I tried the cellulite seaweed electric wraps on a cruise and they DO work. They break down the outer shell of the fat cells so they make the cellulitic fat cells look smoother. That outer shell is actually the cells storing toxins, etc. and usually the companies who do those wraps also try to sell you a body cleansing system of pills, etc to flush toxins and get you back on track. That being said, when they measured me before hand and then after the treatment I think I'd lost 3" in total... my DP lost over 5" after the same treatment! They use electric current to open your pours and get the antioxidants and stuff into your system.
Unread 05-04-2007, 10:01 AM

Good morning everyone. Just wanted to say hi.
Cindy - very impressive how you remember to include everyone. I can't do that unless I go back and forth. I don't blame you for being frustrated and I hope you are feeling better. I have a pain I get only once in a while under my left breast towards the middle of my chest since the surgery. When I asked my dr about it he did not think it was from the surgery but I know I never had it before. I should probably post a thread about it but I only get it once in a while and then it goes away. I hope you feel better soon and let us know what the dr says.

I am getting my first shot for my lower back/leg pain on Monday. I hope it works and then I will feel I can actually get my life back or at least most of it.

Madeline - Again good luck this weekend.
Unread 05-05-2007, 08:31 PM

I last posted April 3rd -
UPDATE- IN SUMMARY: Dad in hospital 4/3, best friends divorce trial, depression, Dad's first daughter from first marriage shows up, endless days in hospital w/dad alternating sitting with panic-anxiety disorder ridden mom, trying to catch up at work, trying not to miss anymore work, found out no raises for any of us, dad home from hospital 4/11, mom in hospital 4/12, endless days at hospital w/mom, mom home 4/20 - happy birthday to me (even if EVERYONE forgot), my body is mushy and everything is displaced, still pain on left side, one week of putting charges together to get clerk fired-depressing, groin still hurts ouch, playground works fine, no time for myself, call from mom at work, 4/26 dad's first daughter takes him for RESPITE to HOSPICE because he's "depressed" (her daughter works there), hes not ill, no one knows him like me, go to HOSPICE to see him hes fine, go stay with mom 4/27, work 4/28, go to pick up Dad 4/29 - find Dad in his room "comfortably" unconscious, wake him up talk to him, take it all in and realize.......dad died at 1:36 P.M. - what the hell happened??? ANYWAYS..I tried to find you guys and couldn't find you's anywhere, found out -CLOSED- took me 3 days to find you's here..

I really am ok - though, this year has been well - unbelieveable, just glad to find you's here, really sorry I didn't check in but I haven't been home much, just need to get back into routine...love ya all...good night see ya tomorrow......thought of you all often...
Unread 05-05-2007, 09:19 PM

IMG420, what an ordeal you've been through! I'm so sorry about the loss of your father and all you've experienced this past month.

We too were shocked to see our recovery thread closed a few days ago. I'm glad you were able to find us and that you were thinking of us. We're here for you good times or bad.

Laura
Unread 05-06-2007, 12:40 AM

IMG420 - I am so sorry about your father passing and everything else you have been going through. As Laura said they just closed our thread a few days ago. I was wondering what happened to you. We are here for you if you need us and of course, pm me if you need to talk.

Hi Laura, Hoping you are having a good weekend. Did you find any new clothes yet?

Nanette
Unread 05-06-2007, 07:55 AM

IMG 420 so sorry. What a terrible time for you. I will keep you in my prayers.
Unread 05-06-2007, 11:16 AM

IMG420 I am so very sorry that your dad has died. I remember what it was like when my mum died. We are all still here for you and for each other. I was very upset that our recovery thread was closed when it did. I know these things can't go on forever but as far as I'm concerned I'm still in recovery too. Lots of love and big hugs. Jane alias Bagpuss.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register