Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 235 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Nan, I just wrote a long note back to you and because of a server error it was erased. I'm too tired to re-write it so will write again tomorrow.

Good luck with the shot.

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2007, 01:08 AM

Hi Laura, isn't it annoying when you have written something long and then it doesn't get posted bec of computer error? Sounds like you are ready to go to sleep. I will be trying to shortly. Have a good day tomorrow. Thanks for the good luck. I am getting a little nervous since the shots do go into the spine. Take care.

Nanette
Unread 05-07-2007, 07:16 AM

lmg420 that is very sad news. Even when someone is very sick, its still tough to let them go. I'm also sorry to hear your mom was sick... goodness ! 2007 hasn't started out well for you. I hope you'll be finding yourself moving in a positive direction SOON!!!!!!

An update on my weekend, my chorus came in first place in our division and 5th place overall! We were SO excited because we JUST moved into the division (mid size). We've been "small" for quite a while and just passed into the mid size category by two people, so we were competing against some choruses twice our size! Definitely a tiring weekend but I hung in there... then came home Sunday and took a nice long nap in the sun with my cats! LOL But I definitely have to focus more on getting myself back in shape now. THAT was very clear to me! My back and stomach seemed to do okay, but my legs are just not where they used to be... so I"m going to try to get back to my walking on a regular basis now that the weather is nicer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:08 PM

To singing mad: I'm really glad that the singing competiton went so well. At least you know now what you are up against in terms of fitness and exhaustion. It seems though that you have got the balance right and are resting in the sun. We have just had a really wet Bank Holiday. We were going to have a bbq today. No chance! My ds had been doing hamma beads most of the day. Went out to a pub for lunch and that wasn't very exciting. Almost a relief to be going back to work tomorrow. Not quite so tired now and managed to sort out some of the washing hah. Hugs to all.
Unread 05-07-2007, 02:47 PM

bagpuss, I noticed that today was a bank holiday for you. We've got lovely weather so if I could, I would have sent you some! We're supposed to have summer-like weather all week. What are hamma beads????
Unread 05-07-2007, 04:46 PM

Hi everyone! I just got back a little while ago from my first shot. It was tougher than I thought it would be especially since they go right into the spine. The dr is pretty positive that the shots will work for me and I am scheduled for another 2 two weeks apart. They numb you first but you still feel a little pain and pressure and then the actual shot does hurt and burn. It was cortizone mixed with other steroids. He said I would be cramping and I am but that by tomorrow I should feel better. The only sad part which he just told me today is no walking, no aroebics, no vaccuming. I can still drive and do errands but also no standing for long periods of time. This is kind of upsetting to me bec I thought by the end of the week I would be able to start walking again. The dr said the best way to make sure the shots work is to follow his plan so that is what I will do. This is definitely frustrating and a step backwards but hopefully 2 steps in the right direction.

Madeline - congratulations. Sounds like you did great.

Bagpus = I was going to ask the same question about hamma beads.

Well, I am going to rest now. It is defintely weird that the shot has made my incision hurt. As the dr described it when the disc in my lower back, which I was originally told by a separate dr was not that bad, is damaged it can press on the meat as he called it or the nerve. I am so hoping that this works for me.

Anyway I hope everyone has a great evening and for those of us that are not feeling good the end is in site and we will get better.

Hugs to everyone.

Take care.
Nanette
Unread 05-07-2007, 06:31 PM

Hi all..
Thank you all for your kind words...they mean alot from you guys.

I am I think coming out of the numbness and into the reality of the loss..OUCH..it hurts, tears come easily and I get the feeling I need to scream every so often (I don't do it) but sometimes....I didn't tell anyone at work, and in fact I could have had 5 free days of bereavement (paid) but I'm funny like that I needed to keep going, I needed to stay busy.

Tomorrow I go to Mom's after work..its her birthday, I need to go over all the finances and set a budget for her, financially the loss is also great...they did not prepare for the future..take note all PREPARE!! I also have to rearrange the furniture and get rid of his belongings, she wants me to. This is very difficult, I realized today that Mom without Dad is probably going to be one of those when one goes the other is not far behind, she is truly not her without him...she is suffering, it is not a beautiful love story - its all about dependence.

Well anyways I am sorry to be such a downer..

I go to the Dr on June 6th..I am still sore on the left side ANCHOR?, my bladder is weak ...when I have to go - its gotta go right now..or leakage occurs. Its so special. I am still having trouble with the bowels as well. My belly button incision was infected and now that heals, I still tire easily, am walking more, but still get twinges in the vajaja, no pain during recess at the playground though, and the groin pull? OUCH is the worst, I have to talk to the Dr about that it is extremely painful. I still have little to no appetite, the anxiety attacks are about the same and the depression keeps trying to sneak back in...

My name is Lynn by the way...I can't get the names straight maybe we could do roll call again?

lmg420=Lynn

Regards to all

ps
Kappel so good to hear from you...please stay in touch!
Unread 05-07-2007, 06:56 PM

Lynn~
The resilliance of the human spirit is a beautiful thing. Keep it up. All my best, you are in my prayers.

Christine
Unread 05-07-2007, 10:28 PM

Madeline, congrats on winning first place. I'm glad you enjoyed a nice nap with the kitties. Aren't they great tranquilizers?

Bagpuss, ditto on the hamma beads (???)

Lynn, you can vent to us anytime you want. Your present situation reminds me of what I went through when I lost my dad in '94. My mom has always been very dependent and we kids had to step in and take his place. Mom suffers from anxiety/depression and about the time my dad died I started to have panic attacks myself. I had always been closer to my dad and all of a sudden not only had I lost him, but I had the weaker parent to take care of. Fortunately, mom is comfortable financially. Anyway, I hope it helps to know that someone else has "been there, done that" and lived through it. Feel free to pm me if you ever need to talk.

Nan, did your dr think that the shot would start to be effective tomorrow or is that just when the pain from having the shot will go away? I've got my fingers (and toes) crossed for you that it works.
Thanks for the tip about the Dress Barn. We actually have one in town so I went there today. I was able to find a couple of things and was quite pleased with the service.
Unread 05-07-2007, 10:54 PM

Hi Laura, It seems so long since we have been on at the same time. I am glad my tip about Dress Barn helped. I am planning to go to the one by me soon. As he put it the pain from the shot (which is much worse than I thought it would be - I am actually taking percocet) would be better by tomorrow. My dh and I were shocked today when he said no walking or standing for long periods for 6 weeks. I totally did not expect that and in talking to people no one said that but he felt for it to work that is what I need to do. That really stinks (of course I wanted to say something worse) bec I was looking forward to getting back to exercising to try to lose weight. Really just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is walking in the mornings and I was all set to join her (she was willing to start out slow for me as she is really thin and has been walking for years and takes all the hills around us with no problem) and the chiropractor I just started going to for the decompression for my neck has upstairs from him an exercise class similar to curves but he feels better of course, bec you actually get one-on-one attention and the guy would be more of a personal trainer so I am really bummed about that. We were thinking about going away in June but now I am not so sure of that either. This is very frustrating so I am truly hoping these shots work. Both my parents passed away in April which is also the month they got married in. I had the opposite where my mom passed away first and everyone knew my dad would not last a long time after. He just missed her too much. He passed away almost 2 years to the day that she died. It has been 26 and 28 years since they passed and I still miss them. I think even in my twenties I did not really appreciate them as much as I would have had now.

Getting back to the shots the dr seems to feel they will work better if a person takes it easy. I can still drive and do errands but when I asked he does not want me to even go for a 10 minute walk. Sorry if my going on and on does not make much sense. Thank you for your thoughts on hoping this works for me. It is greatly appreciated. I really wish there was a way we could all meet. I think it would be so much fun. I think we have such a great bunch of ladies and there is so much support here. I think I am talked out for at least the next few minutes.
Nanette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register