Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 238 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 05-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hey ladiesI thought I would come online since the house is quiet now. I think I may have found one source of my belly pain. Terrible almost 7 months and I am still trying to figure this out. I had some soft ice cream tonight and my stomach like to tear up. I never had a problem like this before but I wonder if I am lactose intolerant now. I can eat 1% milk and cereal with no problem. I have noticed that American cheese doesn't sit to well either. I see the gastro dr next week about all of this. I have a feeling its all connected somehow. HAHA! Oh what a beautiful night it is. I closed my windows finally because the humidity was creeping up. It was so foggy this morning but I loved it. My lilacs are in bloom and the smell comes right into my bedroom window (how sweet). The frogs are just croaking away. I LOVE SPRING. Its like a rebirth everything wakes up and looks alive and fresh. My knee aches like crazy and having one of my tropical heat waves right now. Oh good that was a short one. Sorry if I sound a little nutty but just enjoy feeling somewhat better and the season just rejuvenates me. I can't wait to drive to the shore and smell the ocean. The end of the month I am driving to the mountains in VA for my nieces graduation so that will be a nice change of scenary, I love the mountains too. How are you feeling Nan?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2007, 09:06 PM

Hi Theresa, I am ok. It does not seem like the shot is working yet but I did not ask how long it would be before I see a difference so I guess I should have or maybe I won't notice a difference until after the second one. I actually just spoke to a mom from my PTA who had shots 7 years ago and they did not work. I hope that doesn't happen to me. It sounds like you are feeling pretty good. Keep me posted as to what the gastro doc says because it also sounds like lactose intolerance to me too. It sounds like you have a nice trip coming up to VA. I hope you have a good time. How are the wedding plans coming?
Nanette
Unread 05-09-2007, 09:12 PM

The wedding plans are coming ok. Finances not so good since our well went and my meds being around 250.00 a month it has really set us back. I will email you a picture of my daughters gown that I am making. I really like it. You know my dr said that I may need to get shots in my back too but I am very skeptical of that. I have spinal stenosis, some drying discs and arthitus (sp) in the lower lumbar and a couple of lower discs bulging. I also have a tarlov cyst at the end of my tail bone caused from breaking it on a fall one winter. Boy we don't get any better as we get older do we? Is it cortisone shots that you are getting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2007, 09:21 PM

The dr did not give me the names of everything and I am usually so much more thorough about getting info but I think I just wanted to get it done. It is actually a mixture of cortizone along with other steroids but cortizone is the main one. You might as well wait to see if the shots work for me before making any decisions on getting them even though I know they work differently on everyone. Sorry about the financial problem. We actually have central sewer but I know from other people that when a well runs dry it is very costly to create a new one. But you will see everything will work out. Are you still taking care of your granddaughter?
Unread 05-09-2007, 09:28 PM

Oh yeah the baby comes everyday and she is so funny. It seems to be getting easier to take care of her and I think its because she is a little more indepandant. She rolls all over and can hold her bottle now. She'll be 6 months on the 13th. She is more predictable now and you really know what is wrong when she cries. Oh yeah the darn well was 4,000. and I hear that people in the mountains are more costly because of all the rock. I am looking forward to going to VA even if it is for the two days.
Unread 05-09-2007, 09:32 PM

I am sorry to say people would be happy to be paying only 4,000. I have heard people up here have to pay as much as 10,000 dollars to have a new well. This is an exciting time for your granddaughter. At this age is when they start to do all the fun things. If it is getting easier for you maybe it is a sign that you are really getting better. Have you had to go to the heart doctor for a check-up?
Unread 05-09-2007, 09:53 PM

Hi Theresa, In case you are still on just saying good night. I am going to try to get some sleep now.

Laura - I don't know what happened. You must have been logging off as I got on. Talk to you soon.
Good night.
Unread 05-09-2007, 09:56 PM

Yeah that is what I heard too about 10,000 that is horrible. I went and had a Nuclear Stress Test done a couple of weeks ago and they said there was no heart damage and nothing else wrong with the heart other than what they repaired. They said excellant, normal. I was so relieved about that. So I go back to him in June again. I know I am begining to feel better I feel it mentally too. I just feel brighter and happier and laughing more. That is me.If I can just get some of this pain under control it would be great. I think it will end up being just a few things that has to be changed. wel I think that I will hit the hey for now. The baby comes to early to be up all night. Talk to you soon.
Theresa
Unread 05-10-2007, 12:01 AM

Theresa, 4k sounds like a good deal to me, too. Of course, it's not a small amount of change and would set most people back. I've been dealing with roots getting into the sewer line and an offset tile. They say it would cost anywhere from 7-10k to dig it up and repair it. Naturally, the bad spot is right under the concrete driveway. The good news is that I can put off doing anything for several years...will just have to have the line cleaned yearly.

Nan, I was going to do more shopping today after getting my teeth cleaned but instead went to get the pedicure/manicure that I didn't have time for last week. I decided to get a french manicure and it's already chipping so will probably not do that again. I may go shopping after work tomorrow if I'm not too wiped out. I bought a skirt the other day and am trying to decide if I should go with the current trend of not wearing hose. My white legs might blind people!

How soon do you get your next shot? I work with a gal who has back problems and has done all kinds of therapy for it. She hasn't complained about it for a long time now so maybe she found something that worked. I'll ask her tomorrow.
Unread 05-10-2007, 08:17 PM

Nan, just wanted to let you know that I talked to my coworker with the back problems today. She said the shots didn't work for her however her mom has had the shots and they work for her. I guess it takes about 6 weeks before you notice a difference.

Laura

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register