Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 239 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 05-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi Laura, thanks for the info. Did your co-worker say what did work for her? I know I will be so disappointed if they don't work but my ds keeps telling me just to think positive. He's so cute. The only difference I have noticed is that the pain does not seem to be traveling down my calf. Since the shot on Monday the pain is more intense but now only in my thigh area. I have no idea what that means. I got your pm and I think what happened last night was that you were actually signing off right after I got on. Because literally one second you were there and then you were gone. I also guess I missed you again tonight. I will check back later to see if you came back on but if not have a great day tomorrow.
Nanette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2007, 10:54 PM

Hi Laura, so are you really on now? (lol) How was your day today? Did you work? I am not sure of your schedule. Do you work a straight 5 days a week or because it is sales do you also work on the weekends? I guess it would make sense that you work Sat and Sundays since that is probably the busiest time. I hope you don't mind but I am going to remind you to send me any suggestions about purchasing a new bed bec I know you are right that there are hundreds out there and who really knows what kind of mattress you are suppose to get.
Nanette
Unread 05-10-2007, 10:54 PM

Nan, since therapy and shots didn't work for her she takes Oxycontin. I think the fact that you're not having the pain in your calf is a good sign. Hopefully, with a little more time the imflammation that's making your thigh hurt will go down. That's so sweet of your ds to be so supportive.

I'm not sure where I would be in my cycle since my periods were getting off-schedule because of the ovarian cyst, but I sure do feel like I'm pms-ing this week. I've been feeling bloated, b**chy and a bit achy. I hope it's short lived.

I'll check back in a little bit. I'll probably be up for about another 45 min.
Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2007, 11:01 PM

Hi Laura, not sure if we were posting at the same time so did you see my post right before your's. I also get confused of when I am pms-ing bec I did not always get my period at the same time each month so I am forgetting but the past couple of days I have been craving chocolate and salt which were my two things to eat, the salt even more than the chocolate. I am not thrilled with the pms-ing and when I tell people I laugh bec it is a little strange to me that I am pms-ing but don't get my period. Oh well. I hope you get over it soon.
Nanette
Unread 05-10-2007, 11:06 PM

Hi Laura, Just wanted to say sorry bec I am getting tired so I am going to try to get to sleep. I will talk to you tomorrow. Have a great day. Good night.
Nanette
Unread 05-10-2007, 11:06 PM

Nan, I guess we were posting at the same time. I worked today. There weren't many customers so it was pretty boring. I have a project I could have worked on but didn't because I just felt like I couldn't focus. Just felt icky all day. I almost alway have Wed. off and have either Sun. or Mon. off. We all get one weekend a month off. I'd rather work those weekends but it's really nice to have two days in a row off. It's just easier to get things done when you know you don't have to go to work the next day.

We just got the new line up of 2007 Beautyrest models at the store. That's what our meeting was about after work the other night. I think you might like the new models that are classified as "plush firm". Is your regular e-mail listed on your profile? I could scan some info and mail it to you.

Back in a few minutes.
Unread 05-10-2007, 11:14 PM

Okay. Time for me to go to bed, too. Goodnight.
Laura
Unread 05-11-2007, 05:11 AM

Hi all,

Just an update:

I have an appt with the General Surgeon on Tuesday. I am sure he will send me for an ultrasound and we will take it from there.

The best case scenario will be that they can do this same day laproscopibly (sp) and I can do it at their Surgical Center, which covered by <oops! name of insurance company removed per site guidelines!>. If not, I have to decide what to do, because the surgeon is in plan, but my doctor severed their relationship with <name of insurance company removed per site guidelines!> right after my TAH. As if I didn't have even things to worry about, now I have to figure out how to pay for the operation.

I feel like I am in worse shape now than before the surgery. I was not in pain- I just had precancerous cells and dysplasia. I know that I had had cancer in the past, but even that did not present pain. Only the procedures to remove it each time.

I haven't even enjoyed not having my period yet, because I am still in so much pain, cramps would be a relief.

I had to fight my gyn to give me percoset prescription, because he was afraid I would get addicted. Never mind the fact that I havent' had a prescription since I left the hospital 3 months ago and haven't had a pill for 1 1/2 months. I feel like he caused my pain and then feels like he has the right to preach to me about how they can become addictive. One thing I an not addicted to is pain, and if I have to take 1 a night to get to bed until I have my hernia surgery, I will.
Unread 05-11-2007, 10:54 PM

Lainie, good luck with your appt. next week. It's too bad things have become so complicated for you. Please let us know the outcome of your appt.

Nan, are you on? How was your day?

Laura
Unread 05-11-2007, 11:20 PM

Hi Laura, I am on, not sure if you were bec I sent you another pm and I don't see you listed below. I did some errands yesterday so was very tired today so I stayed home to get some things done in the house. I will be getting off shortly though bec I am finally feeling tired enough. It was weird before I was standing for about 35 minutes straight and all of a sudden my leg started hurting a lot so was not happy about that. I guess that is why the dr said not to stand for long periods of time. (lol) I will be going to sleep shortly so have a great weekend.
Nanette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register