Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 248 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 06-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hello ladies, it has been awhile, hope everyone is well. My naltrexone and prometrium meds still aren't helping. My sleep is all messed up, hot flashes all the time, feel so drained, like I have the flu. I said the other day can I get my uterus back, at least then I had some good days, this has been over 4 months.I have tendonitis of my right wrist (I am right handed too), so my life has just been so crazy. We just find out my DH has to go to Florida July 1 for 3 weeks for laser back surgery. I have to go with him, our 16 & 19 year olds are staying home. I'll chat more later, gotta go.
Jayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Have you tried apple cider vinegar for hot flashes? The recommended brand is Bragg's. I take two tablespoons twice a day and it helps. You'll have to doctor it up to overcome the taste. I went on a website that raved about it. Supposedly, it takes care of a variety of different ailments. Something about balancing the ph of the gut. Also, evening primrose oil and vitamin E are supposed to help. Good luck!
Unread 06-08-2007, 08:49 PM

Sorry to hear your situation Jayne. That stinks! I've been feeling better but aaargh! gained 2 pounds recently.... and have been having a real problem with eating red meat or dairy. Suddenly my stomach (which has always been cast iron) is becoming very particular. Stamina wise I"m doing much better, but more swelling of the lower abdomen and tenderness on the incision. I keep telling myself to hang in there for the 6 month mark. That's supposed to be when you stop feeling that tenderness. I"m hoping!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2007, 06:09 AM

Good morning everyone!

It has been a busy week. I was searching for a friend that I lost touch with about 5 years ago. She lives in the area I moved to. I found a web site and put in an e-mail hoping it ws her. Well, her friend's daughter came across the message and we have reconnected. She lives about a 1/2 hr. from me and her guy friend, who she visits every weekend, lives 8 miles from me! We went to their home for supper last night. It was wonderful.

My stomach also has decided that some foods do not agree with it.

It is a beautiful day here today. My garden is growing great. The tomatoes have flowers already. I planted wax and green beans from seed..about 75 plants came up!! YIKES!! We will be eating beans alot!

We are going on vacation starting the 22nd. Taking the ferry across Lake Michigan to visit our son in Mt. Pleasant, MI. We will stay about a week. Then we get to bring our 5 yr old grandson back with us for a month. So I will have a fishing buddy!

The new home is still wonderful. I love looking out and seeing the 6 horses across the road. Reggie spotted her first deer last week..she chased it across the field but came back when I called her. The deer was really mad..I could hear him snorting in the woods. Reggie just looked at me like what was that?

Well, hope everyone is doing well. I still have twinges of pain in my belly..I, too, am waiting for the 6 month mark. Hoping they go away soon.

Have a great day!!

June
Unread 06-09-2007, 08:23 PM

Hi, everyone. I just wanted to stop in and say "hi". I still have belly twinges, too. It's worse if I accidently lift something kind of heavy or interestingly if I wear higher heels than normal. It must take strong stomach muscles to walk in heels. I'm glad to hear that the tenderness starts to go away at the 6 mo. mark.

Take care.
Laura
Unread 06-09-2007, 08:45 PM

Hi there Ladies,
Well today I did a shop till you drop day. :-) It felt so good to be out and about and just feel good. MY LEGS ARE KILLING ME ;-) I went looking for a dress for a wedding next week and bought a regular misses size 16. Usually I buy a Lane Bryant 16 so this was a great acheivement. I also for the heck of it tried on a juniors size 15 THEY FIT! I didn't like the hip hugger look anymore. Belly hangs over that part. Thats ok but it felt great. I bought a nice BLACK DRESS usually its pants fr me so I guess you could say I am feeling better both physically and mentally. ITS ABOUT TIME. I really had to share this with someone. Well, back to my late night housework. No one is here and its nice to get this stuff done. SEE YOU ALL LATER.
Unread 06-10-2007, 07:06 AM

Congrats on the size AND on feeling up to wearing a dress. I too had stopped wearing them and find both with my new comfort and my new job, I am wearing dresses to work again! Course I still have a bit of excess weight around my middle to wear all my dresses but.... it's nice to know I'm heading back in that direction though!
Unread 06-10-2007, 08:17 AM

Its a strange thing about the new comfort. I guess now that I am begining to feel better I am also finding the new me. Oh I still have a lot of excess around the middle I think the middle is more notcieable now because it all blendid in before. Now you have to be even more careful about weight gain it will pop up right there. Good day to all. Hey Nanette it must be crazy up there in the Pocono's this weekend with Nascar in the neighborhood. Have a fun weekend everyone.
Unread 06-10-2007, 10:23 PM

Hi everyone. Just dropped in to say hi. I have had my 3 shots for my back and I am going for numbers 4 and 5 since they have not worked yet. Very frustrating. If it wasn't for that and my lack of sleep I would be feeling great. With the weather changing I am getting twinges in my incision but I figure that will probably be for a long time to come.

Jayne I am so sorry you are still having so much trouble. I hope you start to feel better soon.

June - I am going to look into the thing about the nerve dengeration that you mentioned to me. I am so glad you are still loving the house. Send me some fresh vegetables. They sound good lol. Enjoy your vacation and I know you will have a good time with the baby.

Madeline - How is the new job going? Do you still like it?

Theresa - Glad to hear you are feeling so good.

Laura - I will talk to you soon. It has been very hectic the past couple of weeks especially with ds having finals. Tomorrow is the last day of school - Yippee.

To everyone else who stops by hello and I hope everyone is feeling good.

Hugs to all.
Unread 06-13-2007, 09:35 PM

Hi Ladies, Well a busy two days ffor me with dr's appt's. Yesterday I saw my regular gyn. Oh he gets my dander going. He didn't do my so called radical modified hysterectomy. He referred me to the surgeon and don't you know he had the report in front of him and he had to ask who did the surgery. erg. Any way he didn't do a vaginal exam (I don't know why) He asked how everything was checked my insicion and explained to me that what I have is a keloid (no crap) I told him that I knew it would turn out that way because of previous scarring and that was why I was concerned about where I would be cut. Any way he said it would take about 9 to 12 months to fade to a normal skin color. Oh well not like I'm a playboy bunny. He asked a bunch of questions and said if I have no problems that occure he'll see me in a year and also confirmed no cancer. GREAT! I was glad about that. Said my problem would not have gone away without surgery and that they would not put me on hormones because of the endometreosis and that I do have adhesions that are shrinking and causing some of my abdominal dicomfort. So I guess this will be a little more wait and be patient time. One good thing BM are normal. YEAH finally after how many years. Got off of two RX drugs and taking ground flaxseed daily. I think thats doing it. Saw a orthopedic dr today about back pain and carpal tunnel. So Physical Therapy for the back and splints for the wrist. YIKES! Does it end. Next week the cardiologist and GI for a flexible sigmoid (joy) sorry just poking fun tonight. Its not all that bad I am being a little sarcastic and feeling pretty good and I guess when you get down to it things could really be so much worse. I have to be patient work out the quirks and look for the future. Hey at least the hot flashes have subsided and that is so marvelous. The heat outside is not too great but haven't needed the ac yet. Trying not to use for as long as possible. Well, ladies its late and i know that I rambled enough.
Love to all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register