Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 263 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 10-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi June, sorry I thought I had sent you a pm about the thread moving but must of missed it. I am on heavy duty pain meds for my back and leg pain so definitely have brain fog a lot. Good luck with the job interviews and I agree with Stacie. You are not silly for wanting a clean kitchen. I would not want to work at a place where the kitchen was dirty.

Hi Stacie and Theresa.

It is so nice to see people still posting to this thread 8 months after our surgeries. We have a wedding to go to at the end of October and while I probably won't be able to dance it will be exciting to see cousins that I have not seen for a while or have only seen at funerals in the past couple of years and that my kids are wearing suits for the first time so of course, I will have to take lots of pictures. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2007, 08:29 AM

Good Morning everyone!!

The kitchen at thehospital was very clean. The dietician that interviewed me had no problem letting me tour it. I explained to her about the restauarant I quit after 1 day because the kitchen was so bad. And that was a 4 star place!! Human resources called me before I got home from the interview to see if they could call a former employer, I take that as a good sign. I will know by Friday. Thanks for all the suppport!!
The main reason I am looking for a part time job is to meet people. We have lived here about 1 1/2 yrs and I only know a few people...It is hard to meet people when you get to a certain age I think. Most have had their friends for awhile.
Pocono,
I am so sorry about your back and leg. My husband is now off all pain meds(he was onthem 4 yrs) and doing quite well. He also had back and leg pain. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hope all have a great day. It is rainy again here. Would love to get out to cut the grass but it is just too wet. Might have to wait til spring!!
Well, off to get more coffee.

June
Unread 10-16-2007, 09:06 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

Pocono - Sorry to hear that you are still suffering with your back. It is too bad that all of those shots that you took didn't help. I am sure that you will still have a great time at the wedding. I have to agree it is more fun to see family at a happy event vs. funerals - I feel like that is the only time I see some of my family.

June - I would take it as a good sign that they wanted to talk to your old employer. I sure would hope that the kitchen in a hospital was clean! Keep us posted on the progress.

I have a curiousity question for those of you that had a TAH. How does your scar look? Has it healed well? Mine is doing really well. The center part of it is pretty much gone and the rest of it appears to be following quickly.

Have a great day!

Stacie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2007, 07:51 PM

Hi Stacie,
My scar is doing really well better than I expected. My dr said because it is a keloid scar it would take longer to fade and it is. Four more days and it will be a year. WOW, that went fast. All my dr's that see it say it looks great and they have to let my surgeon know it too. I am assuming that is a good sign too. Last weekend I did a lot of yard work and it was great. My insides don't feel that great but I think that is from the endometreosis they found. Well, have to take the granddaughter home talk to all of you soon.
Theresa
Unread 10-17-2007, 10:14 AM

Had TAH on 8th February. My scar is very flat barely noticable except at the edges. I'm still using bio-oil to soften it and to help speed up the fading process. It still hurts rather like a pulling sensation and small pricking pains if I overdo the pilates. Not sure whether I am encouraging new adhesions to form. Hopefully the internal tissue has healed now. Does anybody know? Even after eight months I dont want to damage myself. Jane.
Unread 10-17-2007, 11:48 AM

Jane I am going on a year in a few days and my belly inside periodically hurts. Dr says come back in a year and in the midst of changing my primary care dr. I don't know who to call half the time because of having so many hands in the pot. I think some of it is muscles time will tell I guess. I get a pain sometimes right above the hairline and I am wondering what is causing that pain. Theresa
Unread 10-17-2007, 03:48 PM

Hi Jane, I was told by my dr that we are not totally healed on the inside for at least a year, don't know if that is any help to you.

Stacie, I also had the TAH but they used the same incision as they did for my two c-sections and that was a bikini cut. So it still looks a little red but healed real nicely and Frank thinks it looks good but even with being overweight I definitely have the ledge that some of the hystersisters have talked about (even the skinny ones) that I never had even with my 2 c-sections.
Hope everyone is having a nice day.
Unread 10-17-2007, 06:44 PM

Good evening ladies,

Thanks for the information on your scars. I was just curious how eveyone else's was doing. My dr. told me about a cream that he and a plastic surgeon have been using I have been using it since before the surgery so I wanted to compare to see if it was helping. It appears to be. I saw my gyn yesterday and he said that it looked pretty good.
Unread 10-19-2007, 07:39 AM

Good Morning!

Well, I got a call from the hospital yesterday. They offered me the job infood service. I go for my physical and drug test on the 25th.
I am suppose to hear from the restaurant I interviewed at next Mon or Tues. So I will see what they offer.
It is coolhere today. Yesterday it was in the 70's anb we had thunderstorms. Today it is about 50 degrees.
I will keep you all informed on my job search.
Hope you all have a great day.
Oh yeah, my scar healed great.

June
Unread 10-19-2007, 12:15 PM

June

Congratulations on the job offer. I am sure you did just as well on the second one also. Wouldn't it be nice to have a choice?

Stacie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register